misconceptions about your city

People (primarily from NYC) make fun of LA for being sprawling and suburban, conceptualizing it as full of single family track homes and without any pedestrians. What surprised me the most about LA was the density of the city between the 110, 10, 101, and 405 freeways. It feels nothing like a suburb.

It doesn't rain that much in Seattle. It's just overcast a lot, and most rain is in the form of light drizzle. Hell, it might "rain" for a week straight, but the accumulation won't be greater than that of a midwest thunderstorm.

LA

That you'll see celebrities all the time. Only in certain areas.

That everyone is fake or wanna be actress. Again only in certain areas, most ppl are regular folks like any other city

This. To be fair though, you do see your fair share of celebrities.

And I never understood what people meant by "everyone is fake". Most of the time it's LA Transplants they're referring to.

Learned a couple things in here. Don't think there's any misconceptions about where I live. Most people visiting says our women are 
pimp.gif
 though.

I always wondered about Detroit.

Atlanta.

Yes, it seems to be an influx of homosexuals, but to be honest, they keep to themselves. Plus, from what I've seen, they tend to congregate in different hubs around the city. For the most part, they seem to have gotten tired of being ridiculed by the masses, so they've become recluse and stick to their own crowd. In my experience living in Atlanta, they only "try you" if you give them reason to. If you treat them like any other person on the street and not make it a point to acknowledge their gayness, you've got nothing to worry about.

Other than that, the ******* are indeed bad as all ***** in this city. You can see a classy joint with high hopes, aspirations and a good head on her shoulders walk by, followed by the most beautifully ratchet joint wearing them shorts that show all of her thighs, thus revealing the tattoo that proves without a doubt that the ***** is indeed part cheetah.

:rofl: @ that last sentence.

MIlwaukee

When I tell people I'm from Milwaukee when I'm out of WI, I get one reaction mostly...

"They have black people in Wisconsin?"

laugh.gif

From the census.

So the answer is yes, but primarily in Milwaukee
damn thats crazy , didnt know it was like that over there in milwaukee

i woulda guessed swedish looking white people and canadians

It doesn't rain that much in Seattle. It's just overcast a lot, and most rain is in the form of light drizzle. Hell, it might "rain" for a week straight, but the accumulation won't be greater than that of a midwest thunderstorm.
yeah i was doing a little research and they arent even top 10 in rain

miami though.......

I always wondered about Detroit.

Atlanta.

Yes, it seems to be an influx of homosexuals, but to be honest, they keep to themselves. Plus, from what I've seen, they tend to congregate in different hubs around the city. For the most part, they seem to have gotten tired of being ridiculed by the masses, so they've become recluse and stick to their own crowd. In my experience living in Atlanta, they only "try you" if you give them reason to. If you treat them like any other person on the street and not make it a point to acknowledge their gayness, you've got nothing to worry about.

Other than that, the ******* are indeed bad as all ***** in this city. You can see a classy joint with high hopes, aspirations and a good head on her shoulders walk by, followed by the most beautifully ratchet joint wearing them shorts that show all of her thighs, thus revealing the tattoo that proves without a doubt that the ***** is indeed part cheetah.
smokin.gif

every word.

Dallas

We dont ride horses
We ARE better than Houston (come at me)

Houston.

>Dallas/Ft. Worth

Cowboys/horses/farms aren't as common as most ppl think, usually on the outskirts of town.

The city is spread out as ****, you could ride for 30mins & still be on the same side of town

Yes, swangers & grills are everywhere, mostly in the hoods though but you'll see some in the burbs too

All Jordan releases are crazy.

The broads are bad

It's hot & humid as ****

I've never seen a tumbleweed in real life.

Boca Raton FL

- Its my first summer here and it's hot as balls.
- I discovered that it rains in sections down here. It can rain in side of town but in the other side of town, It isn't. 'TF?! :lol:
- the yambs here are bougie. Can't bag me a Jewish chick cause I'm not Jewish :lol:
- I haven't really discovered what BR offers but I don't eem care. I'm moving out at the end of this month anyways.

i like this thread. i want to see people from south/north dakota, nebraska and those other states post up.

Nebraska

Yes, we have cars and paved roads. No one rides buggys. :smh:

And us black people are here too (mostly Lincoln and Omaha).

And there are not cornfields and farms everywh......ok that one's true.

NYC
I won't lie, alot of the misconceptions are true. We are arrogant and we do hate tourists :lol:
I think people try to hype how dirty the city is though, either that or i've gotten use to it :lol:

Maryland

MARYLAND IS NOT THE SOUTH.

Back
Top Bottom