Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation 07/31/15 Trailer PG1

looks like op hasnt posted in a year so its gon be difficult to edit the title

was gon' go tonight but its 100 degree outside right now and that just sapped my energy to do anything :lol:

I enjoyed it but I feel like Fallout was better. Much tighter overall. While this was almost 3 hours long I never felt like it dragged but there were a few exposition heavy scenes that took me out of it.

While i really really enjoyed the movie..

certain scenes i just wish were better.. Like the club scene was just odd, especially after we’ve been had couple John wick movies

also cant have that main guy as a legit physical threat when Henry cavill was loading up his arms in the last movie

Saw it tonight and loved it. It's on par with Fallout which is high praise (I think Fallout is among the greatest action movies ever). Tom and McQuarrie have the secret sauce and keep making great films. Can't wait for part 2

I wouldn’t rank it above any of 4-6.. need to rewatch 3

and that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy it.. but stuff just stuck out to me in this one

like some of the acting just wasn’t coming through.. like Simon pegg was excellent in every scene he was in and delivered on the absurdity of the situation and made the crazy that was happening seem realistic.. But I keep coming back to the poor choice for the Gabriel character and his level of involvement.. go get Javier bardem who we’ve seen play masterful villains of very different types (sky fall and no country for old men)

and the club scene was already awkward enough.. but then you’re clearly reminded of all the john wick club scenes and that ain’t no where near any of those.. if you’re going do a club scene, especially a European club scene, you gotta know the bar you’re going be held to

i don’t know why they felt the need to make this guy a legit physical threat (and especially given the multiple people he took out) given other formidable villains who weren’t that in 3-5

villain in 3:

1689228906520.jpeg

4 villain

1689228948191.jpeg

5 villain

1689228985144.jpeg

Man hoping to catch sometime this weekend or during next week.

just Re watched Fallout(my fave) in preparation

Watched this las night and thought it was great but I felt like it lacked the emotion that Fallout had (my favorite MI movie)

Hayley Atwell was amazing & so was Pom Klementieff! Those women did their thang in this. The chase scene & the train scene were so good in IMAX! You want to talk bout anxiety at a LEVEL 10, sheesh!

I liked their take on the AI “The Entity” made the stake’s extremely high and unpredictable for Ethan.
Definitely gonna need some character development for Gabriel next movie, jus felt like his motives didn’t move me at all. Now if Solomon Lane was the villain in this I would get it but iono jus didn’t feel like Gabriel was all a threat. Javier Bardem would of been a good choice to play Gabriel because he knows how to bring intensity to the role.

Very curious on how they wrap this up with Part 2 because I’ll definitely be there when it drops.

Here is my MI ranking:

MI6- Fallout
MI7- Dead Reckoning
MI5- Rogue Nation
MI3
MI1
MI4- Ghost Protocol

(Big gap)

MI2

I honestly don’t even count MI2 at this point :lol:

I just finished a rewatch if the series leading up to this one and didn’t even bother with 2…

Man me and calibeebee calibeebee the only ones who don’t hate MI2?

It’s definitely not the best and had its flaws but I loved the premise of releasing a virus to control the world’s supply of the vaccine……

Sounds familiar doesn’t it 🫢

It’s definitely not the best and had its flaws but I loved the premise of releasing a virus to control the world’s supply of the vaccine……

Oh most def. I don’t hate it at all, just realize it’s different. Still def kicks ***. Also C CP1708 is a big fan.

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't nearly as good as the other mission impossible movies. Also the tone is much different.

Basically every mission impossible movie other than the second film has been fantastic. The second film is just good

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't nearly as good as the other mission impossible movies. Also the tone is much different.

Basically every mission impossible movie other than the second film has been fantastic. The second film is just good

That’s my point.

How are we dismissing a good movie?

MI2 is a GOOD movie.

After two watches in two days..

I really liked it. It didn't reach the highs of Fallout and didn't flow as well, but it was still excellent. The AI enemy was interesting and different, but I feel like it required far too much exposition and that all the talking about it slowed the flow. I liked how unpredictable it made the enemy, but also made it kind of convoluted at times. It is different than what they've done in the past so I'm open to it. The action was great, the sequences felt well thought out and unique. The alley fight, the entire train sequence is some of the best stuff they've ever done.. and the airport was highly entertaining.

The characters were excellent in this one.. I liked the mystery of the villain, hinting at a past with Ethan is different. Kittridge coming back was awesome, he was great. Vanessa Kirby was the White Widow was captivating, Pom as Paris the assassin was a ton of fun. I feel like Ving Rhames age and weight has him as the man in the chair and they're sending Benji in the field :lol: Rachel Ferguson as Ilsa was incredible as always but I hate that they killed it. Felt like such a misstep.. give the movie stakes sure, but it's just missing out on such great chemistry and she was an awesome character. Having said that, Hayley Atwell as Grace was an amazing addition to the crew. She's a criminal but completely out of her element in the spy world and that brought us some great comedy/fish out of water scenarios, plus she had strong chemistry with Tom.

I saw on reddit someone say that Ethan needed to think about all the hot women in his life to get the motivation to do the jump and that made me laugh out loud.

Complaints would be the AI/Entity required a bit too much exposition for my liking and took some momentum away from the movie. Killing off Ilsa was a mistake. A bit too many villains/enemies even for MI, the dialogue has never been outstanding but this one was a bit clunky.. but the movie is still at the height of Cruise and McQuarrie's prowess. Beautiful shots, great action, characters were strong as ever, and I feel like they've established great character moments even with little dialogue.. the scene when they pick up Ethan and he acknowledges all of his team and Ilsa just shrugs like "Yeah I'm here even though you said to stay away.. oh well" little stuff like that they do such a good job with. Really really really liked it and of high quality.

94/100, I'd put it behind Fallout which is, in my opinion, one of the best action movies of the lat 20 years and on the short list for best action movies ever. It is right now ahead of Rogue Nation simply because I think the final act lets down Rogue Nation a lot.. it was quiet and simpler and effective but doesn't stand up to the rest. But this new one was amazing and I can't wait for Part 2

That’s my point.

How are we dismissing a good movie?

MI2 is a GOOD movie.

I think it was fine for the time. I don't think John Woo's style aged well at all and it's not my preferred style of action, but at the time it was awesome.

I can't recall the plot or major twists. I remember Thandie Newton, the motorcycle chase, he was rock climbing at some point. I think it's a fine/average action movie. I don't hate it, but I didn't rewatch it this go around.

I think it was fine for the time. I don't think John Woo's style aged well at all and it's not my preferred style of action, but at the time it was awesome.

I can't recall the plot or major twists. I remember Thandie Newton, the motorcycle chase, he was rock climbing at some point. I think it's a fine/average action movie. I don't hate it, but I didn't rewatch it this go around.

This where I’m at with it as well…It hasn’t aged well at all…

Bill Simmons did a rewatchables episode on the first mission impossible film and he brought up a really good point about the rotating members of Ethan's crew. Tom Cruise is famous for wanting to be the only A-list movie star in his films so his crew tends to be a lot of young, up and coming actors from that era. MI2 had Thandie Newton, MI3 had Keri Russell, Maggie Q, Jonathan Rhys Meyers. MI4 had Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Josh Holloway.

After MI5 it seems like he settled on his crew. After rewatching the series it's funny to notice how disposable those young crew members were.

The rumor (well, can't even really call it a rumor because it's been confirmed) was that Jeremy Renner was supposed to take over for Tom Cruise master MI4 but Tom wasn't having it 😂.

Bill Simmons did a rewatchables episode on the first mission impossible film and he brought up a really good point about the rotating members of Ethan's crew. Tom Cruise is famous for wanting to be the only A-list movie star in his films so his crew tends to be a lot of young, up and coming actors from that era. MI2 had Thandie Newton, MI3 had Keri Russell, Maggie Q, Jonathan Rhys Meyers. MI4 had Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Josh Holloway.

After MI5 it seems like he settled on his crew. After rewatching the series it's funny to notice how disposable those young crew members were.

The rumor (well, can't even really call it a rumor because it's been confirmed) was that Jeremy Renner was supposed to take over for Tom Cruise master MI4 but Tom wasn't having it 😂.

Shoutout for TOMGOD tryna give people a chance

Back
Top Bottom