MJ didn't want to draft KWAME BROWN...

NBA agent David Falk admitted in an radio interview with WJFK in DC that Michael Jordan, then with the Wizards, didn't make the decision to draft Kwame Brown with the top overall pick in 2001.

"That was not his decision," Falk said. "That was someone else's decision. Kwame Brown was the first high school player ever drafted (#1 overall) and certain people in the organization thought that would have tremendous promotional value on ticket sales."

Falk continued on the subject, saying that Jordan wanted to bring Elton Brand to Washington instead.

"Michael wanted Elton Brand. They wanted to make a trade, he wanted to bring in Elton Brand."

http://realgm.com/src_wir...dnt_want_to_draft_kwame/

Forgive me if posted already....

laugh.gif

Lemme guess....The fans told him to pick Adam Morrison...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

NBA agent David Falk admitted in an radio interview with WJFK in DC that Michael Jordan, then with the Wizards, didn't make the decision to draft Kwame Brown with the top overall pick in 2001.

"That was not his decision," Falk said. "That was someone else's decision. Kwame Brown was the first high school player ever drafted (#1 overall) and certain people in the organization thought that would have tremendous promotional value on ticket sales."

Falk continued on the subject, saying that Jordan wanted to bring Elton Brand to Washington instead.

"Michael wanted Elton Brand. They wanted to make a trade, he wanted to bring in Elton Brand."

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

OC-

MJ is trying to save face via David Faulk...
it was 100% Jordan's decision to snatch up Kwame
Just like he pulled the Richard Hamilton for Stackhouse trade...
sick.gif

MJ turned down deals for Elton Brand or Stephon Marbury for Kwame Brown...He would have selected Rodney White anyways
laugh.gif

So let me get this straight....

MJ didn't want the #1 pick in the draft and decided he wanted Elton Brand on his team instead.

Gee it's hard to believe Falk is Jordan's agent as well as Brand's.

What difference does it make? If it wasn't Kwame it would have been Eddy Curry or Tyson Chandler...Gasol was not a viable #1 option. Nobody was going todraft a EURO 1st overall back in 2001.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

So let me get this straight....

MJ didn't want the #1 pick in the draft and decided he wanted Elton Brand on his team instead.

Gee it's hard to believe Falk is Jordan's agent as well as Brand's.
roll.gif
MJ also blew Rodney White hard back then. And look wherehe's at.

what a blatant lie
laugh.gif

With this and the terrible quality that JB continues to bring out, MJ's image has fallen off IMO

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

What difference does it make? If it wasn't Kwame it would have been Eddy Curry or Tyson Chandler...Gasol was not a viable #1 option. Nobody was going to draft a EURO 1st overall back in 2001.
Exctly, it would've been Tyson Chandler. I'm sure a Brand trade was offered to the Wizards but they probably rejected it.

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

OC-

MJ is trying to save face via David Faulk...
it was 100% Jordan's decision to snatch up Kwame
Just like he pulled the Richard Hamilton for Stackhouse trade...
sick.gif

I was cursing Dumars to high heavens when I saw that trade....but now its
pimp.gif

what makes it worse is that he affected kobes career as well bc kwame ended up on the lakers and cost hima couple of ships.

Back
Top Bottom