** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

^ No offense guys, but I'm guessing that the Easton guys are well aware that Reyes would be a great signing. There's no sense preaching to thechoir... I'm sure they'll be looking into it.

But yes, like swingmanike said... this board will be keeping a steady eye on it. I can't wait to see what's on his feet tonight.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

^ No offense guys, but I'm guessing that the Easton guys are well aware that Reyes would be a great signing. There's no sense preaching to the choir... I'm sure they'll be looking into it.

But yes, like swingmanike said... this board will be keeping a steady eye on it. I can't wait to see what's on his feet tonight.

I was just watching the game...hes wearing the same Eastons he had on last night

Serious Easton Heat going on tonight. Reyes, Felipe Lopez, and Christian Guzman all wearing Easton's

Also I think Willie Harris has some new PE's I'll try to get picks.

I've looked everywhere for pictures and can't find them but I was at the Brewers/Phillies game last night and Tony Gwynn Jr. had on some 5-ToolPE's. They looked like they had the white lace area, black base, and other white/chrome accents.

Anybody seen pictures of these?

Also I think Willie Harris has some new PE's I'll try to get picks.
Harris is wearing these tonight, but he's worn some decent FusePE's recently:

^ That's him in the middle.

And I just tuned in to the Mets game to see for myself, and Reyes is indeed wearing the same pair. Good lookin on that, Pipes20.

For kweimer1 and Formerly Scarface81:

(I have a high-res pic of Lopez's GS too... but this one was more post-worthy for obvious reasons)

5a22676260f475c229c21d40c75d0231e2d6606a.jpg

somebodys wearing the barry sander turf's...and nice shot of lopez and guzmans eastons

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Wow so Reyes is an Easton guy now or what?

Just to recap... from the last page of this forum:
Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Looks like he borrowed a pair of Felipe Lopez for the night...He has been interested in our footwear.... I'm investigating
Originally Posted by kweimer1

Definitely borrowed a pair from Lopez...like Scarface mentioned he has been interested in coming over for a while now as he has had some issues with his current supplier...nothing official will happen for the time being and you should not be surprised if this is/was a one time thing.
As far as those Zoom Turfs go... anybody watch the complete game? It looks like its the person holding the bat, so it could've just been abat boy.

Glad you guys are all having fun with this...Reyes has been in contact since just before Spring Training...we have been and will continue to see where it allleads...believe me, as soon as something is definite we will be sure to let all of you know. In the meantime thanks for all of the love...

^^^i dont know of you can disclose this but...what do baseball player shoe contracts look like? i.e. terms, $$$, perks, etc

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

^^^i dont know of you can disclose this but...what do baseball player shoe contracts look like? i.e. terms, $$$, perks, etc

cant discuss that in detail...but like other equipment deals some involve product only and some involve product and money...sorry, no specifics there

^^^ yea i understand
im just curious on how big/small their $$ deals are. i dont know hwy...but i just cant imagine them being anything worthwhile unless ur a top 5 star and/or uget ur own sig shoe

For the Turfs guy. Felipe Lopez hit a grand slam in that picture and in it Christian Guzman, Lastings Milledge, and Willie Harris all scored. Guzman waswearing his Easton's, Harris had on 2K4's, and I am pretty sure Milledge was wearing SG3's. Maybe Harris switched to turfs, otherwise it wasprobably just the bat boy

Check out these EARLY PE's...Freddy Lynn of the Red Sox sometime in the 70's...I never knew that they wore red spikes when they had those unis.
02031lynn.jpg

Another strange one...Never knew the Angels wore white spikes...Frank Robinson here.

And this one is one of the strangest looks of the 70's...Willie McCovey modeling white spikes, black stirrups, and ORANGE sanis

And finally, the White Sox have had some strange looks in their history...but this one is something I didn't know they did.
A traditional looking uni but check out the BLUE socks with white stirrups. I really like the White Sox in blue though...thos unis are a nice look.

damn, thats some oldskool footage. I wonder when the mid or hi top cleats made their way into the scene. all low cut cleats pictured above...

I found a picture of Craig Monroe wearing another pair of SG3's, they look like the ones Sheff has been wearing. I will be on the look out.

THOSE SG3'S ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY NICE. LIKE THEM BETTER THEN ANY OTHER PAIR IVE SEEN. ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER PICS OF THEM

Rodz wrote:
damn, thats some oldskool footage. I wonder when the mid or hi top cleats made their way into the scene. all low cut cleats pictured above...

In the 1986 World Series, between the Mets and the Red Sox, Bill Buckner, of all people, was the first person to break out the high top cleats! They were a pair made by Nike and was later worn by high profile players such as: Eric Davis, Barry Bonds, and Andy Van Slyke!

buckner1016.jpg

vnslyke.jpg

Back
Top Bottom