** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Here's a couple game pics of Reyes in his new kicks (better views than the pic I posted earlier)...

I'm sure tonight's Yankees-Mets game will be all over the wire, so I'm looking forward to snagging some high-res shots later on.

(As a sidenote... anyone want to guess the owners of the ten PE's in my new avatar? Most of them are pretty obvious, but a few of them might be a little challenging for some of you...)

Heres your avatar PE's Lee, Hunter, Martin, Wright, Pierzinski (have no idea how to spell his name), Manny, Rollins, Griffey, Hall, and I cant for thelove of me remember whose fuse PE's with the orange midsole and older plate, dang it! lol do i get a cookie for naming nine of the ten?

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Lee, Hunter, Martin, Wright, Pierzinski (have no idea how to spell his name), Manny, Rollins, Griffey, Hall, and I cant for the love of me remember whose fuse PE's with the orange midsole and older plate, dang it! lol do i get a cookie for naming nine of the ten?

You were actually 8 out of 10. To the best of my knowledge, this year, Torii Hunter has worn a patent 5-Tool PE, a black Fuse PE with a Huarache midsole(not pictured in my avi), and now a black/red Clipper PE. The black/red Zoom Fuse's belong to his teammate, Gary Matthews Jr... Still, good job on gettingthe rest of them (and ^ good call, Fear... you got the last one).

Lee, Hunter, Martin, Wright, Pierzinski (have no idea how to spell his name), Manny, Rollins, Griffey, Hall, and I cant for the love of me remember whose fuse PE's with the orange midsole and older plate, dang it! lol do i get a cookie for naming nine of the ten?

You were actually 8 out of 10. To the best of my knowledge, this year, Torii Hunter has worn a patent 5-Tool PE, a black Fuse PE with a Huarache midsole (not pictured in my avi), and now a black/red Clipper PE. The black/red Zoom Fuse's belong to his teammate, Gary Matthews Jr... Still, good job on getting the rest of them (and ^ good call, Fear... you got the last one).
dang it! I couldnt remember if it was mathews or hunter. dand it

Since there really weren't any notable cleat stories from around the league today, I'll just go ahead and show you guys larger views of every PEI've Photoshopped so far...

That's where I'm at as of tonight... I'm hoping to have many more completed over the next few weeks.

Are there any PE's in particular you guys would like to see me do next?

I'm lovin' the Cubs MCS Clipper, very nice!! This is off the wall, but how about a Pirate PE, like Ian Snell has?

Are there any PE's in particular you guys would like to see me do next?
more variations of Jr's please... how about something with a white upper (the part with the dots)...

the fuse's are damn nice... why won't they make trainers out of them???
ohwell.gif

^ I'll definitely do that soon, but my Griffey PSD files are on my computer that's in the shop.
Originally Posted by MP23

I'm lovin' the Cubs MCS Clipper, very nice!! This is off the wall, but how about a Pirate PE, like Ian Snell has?
laugh.gif
Interesting choice... off the wall indeed. Nevertheless... here'syour 2-2, 5.05 ERA PE (which might actually just be an ID'd pair):

That one was kinda boring for me... so I decided to make Beltran's too:

Any others?

u should try to do hanley ramirez pe's, mat holliday's, dontrelle's 2k5, dice k's, vernon wells, Charlton Jimerson 2K4', Carl Crawford 2K4,ichiro, and pedro martinez's those would be some good ones.

This one should be pretty easy:

Think you could make some Royal/White Metal 2k5's, like the ones Josh Hamilton wears?

Wow... I wasn't anticipating such an extensive to-do list. Thanks for the suggestions... I think that little list will take me through the week. (No morerequests for now, though!)

I'll be doing all of those Nike PE's first since I have most of the midsoles and uppers already mapped out in layers... I'm planning on doing theEaston's too, but that'll involve a little more effort. I'll probably have a couple of them done and posted here at some point later today.

The money shot...

Another question, kweimer and Scarface... is there anyone else in the league wearing Mojo's with a Foundation outsole?

cool, i'll be waiting for your skills. I Photoshop as well, but more like banners, pages, common art work.. i could never get the hang out rendering.. dontgot the time lol

The money shot...

Another question, kweimer and Scarface... is there anyone else in the league wearing Mojo's with a Foundation outsole?
Anyone watch the Mets Yankee game today...noticed Reyes didnt have any batting gloves on his first 3 at bats.

That actually isnt the Foundation outsole...we have a seperate TPU outsole that we use on both Foundation's and Mojo's. The Foundation outsole isa fixed metal one.

^ Oh, okay... I just didn't recall seeing that TPU outsole on anything but the Foundation cleats. Thanks.

a-rod wearing what i guess is his new sig only these are different from the ones he wore in spring training. anyone care to shed light on this

I'm not sure if you tried to link a pic in there, but here's what I've seen of him from workouts during the past few weeks...

Looks like the same upper as spring training but in a slightly different colorway (the big thing is that they got rid of those silver lines on the side), andthese have the Fuse midsole and outsole too.

And some PS...

^ A couple of Reyes PE's... looks like I'll have to add a Mojo to my PS collection.

And since I already did a 2k4, I spent all of 5 minutes on doing Crawford too.

^ I haven't been using templates... I've just been breaking them all down myself. I used hi-res product pics of the black/white colorways of the5-Tool, Fuse, Clipper, and now the two Huarache models, cut the midsoles/outsoles apart and re-aligned them so they all fit in proportion to each other andcould be interchanged (i.e. putting Shox and MCS cleats on the 5-Tool, or a Huarache midsole on the Fuse, etc.), re-aligned the uppers so they wereproportional to each other and fit on each midsole, and then I just cut the upper layers apart, organizing them in a way that I could just go throughlayer-by-layer and color the shoe appropriately. It takes about 20-30 minutes (for me at least) to break a shoe down like that, and then it's not tootough to just color it after that. It takes a little bit longer if I need to do something special (i.e. Reyes' midsole wedge on his 5-tools instead of afull-length midsole), but now that I have most of them organized already, I can move through them pretty quick.

I'm assuming you've used Photoshop in the past, so I hope that made sense... if you haven't, my bad.

By the way... just so this doesn't turn into a sneaker art thread, I've decided that I'm only going to post PS pics once a week from now on. (Nobody's said anything, but I'm sorry if I've bugged anyone by posting them.) PM me if you have any requests... I just want to keep it smooth andclean in here.

^^^ Am I only the one... when I see "HOH" I dont think House of Hoops, I think Heart of the Hide?

Back
Top Bottom