***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Odd site, hard to believe they have that much inventory especially on some of the older stuff. Prices aren't great either.

@menloakz....I don't have any special app or program to create the decals. I usually have an idea in mind of what I want. When I place my order I fully describe what i want, sometimes I gotta sketch it out and email it to them so they get an idea of what I'm looking for.

That is one awesome glove. Congrats.

If you search around youtube there is a good amount of videos that have different ways to break in gloves. If you aren't in a rush to use it playing catch with it a lot is the best way to get a good pocket formed on it. If you are looking to break it in quickly then there are more extreme methods that will help speed it up (but might not be the best long term.) I go through gloves pretty fast (every 2-3 years) b/c I buy the cheaper $100-120 version of the Rawlings 1st base glove b/c I like it so I try to break them in fast and have used water on mine in the past and it's worked out well for me. I also know others are against it and say it ruins the leather (I can't really speak on it b/c I don't ever use them long enough.)

I use a glove mallet on mine when I'm just sitting around the house as well. You could probably use anything that is shaped similar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Spor...856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7a9d7ed8

I'm sure others will have more stuff to add but that should be a good starting off point. Good luck!

thanks so much man i really appreciate it

Honestly the best way is just to play catch with it, but not everyone has the time and means to do that often. Play catch but once you are done you can: 1. place a softball in the palm wrap your glove around it and rubber band it over night 2. close the glove the way you would if you caught with it, some do thumb-pinky thumb-ring finger, even seen thumb-middle finger, anyway close it how you want and place something heavy on top over night.

Being an infielder though you are going to want your glove form to be open creating a "bigger glove" for fielding a ball maybe slightly out of reach, so after youve done the breaking in techniques and/or playing catch for the day you'll want to set the glove face down with it spread open.

I'll post pics of mine when i get home, its an akadema, not as great as my previous pro-preferred, but we were sponsored in college so i took it.
thanks so much man i appreciate it

This is the only thing I use on gloves.. 

Amazon product ASIN B001B84ZYM
I used to use oil.. neets foot, mink oil etc.. and long term,  it would break down the leather over the course of a few years.  Most gloves are pretreated with oil so throwing more oil will speed up the break in process but isnt good for the leather long term.  

Nokona wont break down the leather as it is more of a conditioner and helps to moisturize it.  I have had my outfield glove (pro preferred rawlings) since 2005 and never once used oil.  Still a solid pocket, no rips or tears in the leather.  Just had it restrung last week and it feels like a new glove again.  
thanks man good to know about the oils

Not sure what brand but a team mate of mine used leather car seat oil and it worked great he had been using it for 4 years glove still looked nice. I havent used glove on a glove since i was little. Since ive been using higher priced gloves i havent used any conditioners or anything and thwyve held up fine. I sold them all though. I miss my pro preferred though. My organization back in the day was sponsored by rawlings at the begin of the season the rep would have about 100 gloves laid out to choose from and we'd just go at it choosing what we wanted each season. I miss those days lol
dang dude that is freakin awesome! thanks for the help

anyone know what type of glove kenley jansen uses? i know its rawlings with trapeze but im trying to find a glove that color way? its a tan colorway!! thanks guys

Looks like she's held up pretty well.

I think so too. Had it since '09 no conditioners or anything. Still has that semi stiff feel to it. I actually love it i was skeptic of akadema before getting it but it was free so i said what the heck

I think so too. Had it since '09 no conditioners or anything. Still has that semi stiff feel to it. I actually love it i was skeptic of akadema before getting it but it was free so i said what the heck
Think I'll seriously look into Akadema for sure now.

Back
Top Bottom