***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

Watching a Rakuten Eagles vs Yomiuri Giants game from 6/2013 on FS1

Andruw Jones was/is with the Eagles and not wearing Jordan. still with Nike but I guess if you're not in the Show, you're not going to get the sick gear.

haha nice dude thats dope. Did you just email Lukas about the speed skaters wearing BGs?

yeah just emailed the main address, he reviews ticker-worthy stuff through the week. Ironically enough the guy is as anti-Nike as they come.

Former poster in this thread Matt Powers usually guest writes the NBA All Star game footwear post and other similar Nike shoe related articles.

Also, here's a throwback article from 2007 from Mark Mihalik, who was the creater of playerexclusive.com if i'm not mistaken, and a former regular poster in here too.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2007/07/20/the-cleat-beat/

Either of you guys still creep this thread? Say hello if you do!

Jeter had some serious swag but never looked like he was showing out. That's exactly how I always tried to look as a player, sharp not flashy. I even used the PRODJ2 in high school and college because I loved how clean of a glove it was. Thanks Jetes.

Watching a Rakuten Eagles vs Yomiuri Giants game from 6/2013 on FS1

Andruw Jones was/is with the Eagles and not wearing Jordan. still with Nike but I guess if you're not in the Show, you're not going to get the sick gear.

Dude if you check eBay he's got some ridiculous PE's so I mean no Jordan but still some sick gear

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161222453107?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161222249306?nav=SEARCH

View media item 799873
View media item 799874
View media item 799876

yeah just emailed the main address, he reviews ticker-worthy stuff through the week. Ironically enough the guy is as anti-Nike as they come.

Former poster in this thread Matt Powers usually guest writes the NBA All Star game footwear post and other similar Nike shoe related articles.

Also, here's a throwback article from 2007 from Mark Mihalik, who was the creater of playerexclusive.com if i'm not mistaken, and a former regular poster in here too.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2007/07/20/the-cleat-beat/

Either of you guys still creep this thread? Say hello if you do!

Paul Lukas hates Nike more than anything in the world I feel, although corporations in general he abhors. Matt Powers is that dude, he is my friend and great guy. He says he just doesn't have the time anymore to come in here, being a teacher and all. I send Paul and Phil stuff on Uniwatch all the time, it just depends if they like it enough to post it haha. If it concerns Nike, it may just be swept under the rug. I loved all of DJ's BG's, they were always just the Nike main BG at the time with a Jumpman, save for a couple, but they were so clean.

Paul Lukas hates Nike more than anything in the world I feel, although corporations in general he abhors. Matt Powers is that dude, he is my friend and great guy. He says he just doesn't have the time anymore to come in here, being a teacher and all. I send Paul and Phil stuff on Uniwatch all the time, it just depends if they like it enough to post it haha. If it concerns Nike, it may just be swept under the rug. I loved all of DJ's BG's, they were always just the Nike main BG at the time with a Jumpman, save for a couple, but they were so clean.

With all due respect Paul to me is one of those people who never made it in sports and has an agenda with all these big name companies slapping their logo on athletes and to me I feel that his 'Hate' on Nike and other brands kinda makes him less of a journalist and more of that guy that just didn't make it as a jock and now is bitter. I mean, a person in his position should be objective but he sure doesn't love the swoosh and he sure makes you know that and he has this liberal mentality of 'Educating' us all with his thoughts of reason and knowledge on why NIke is horrible etc. I like the site but not the man. Just my own person opinion.

I hate those trainers. Got them from an outlet for $30. They feel good on the feet, but are way too cushioned in my opinion for doing anything athletic.

I hate those trainers. Got them from an outlet for $30. They feel good on the feet, but are way too cushioned in my opinion for doing anything athletic.

Got a pair recently for 30 some dollars and I'm returning them.

1. Felt pretty heavy..... Well I guess all shoes will when I'm used to free runs

2. Back heel seems way too high

3. Didn't like the toe area. Felt awkward on my feet. Size runs small it seems. Smaller than other nike shoes in my opinion.

Got a pair recently for 30 some dollars and I'm returning them.

1. Felt pretty heavy..... Well I guess all shoes will when I'm used to free runs

2. Back heel seems way too high

3. Didn't like the toe area. Felt awkward on my feet. Size runs small it seems. Smaller than other nike shoes in my opinion.

Hmm interesting. Well, so far my knees and feet seem to like them. I'm going to start squats on Monday and I'm going see how they perform.

Hmm interesting. Well, so far my knees and feet seem to like them. I'm going to start squats on Monday and I'm going see how they perform.

I would not squat in them lol

They're the exact opposite of what is needed for a shoe to squat in.

With all due respect Paul to me is one of those people who never made it in sports and has an agenda with all these big name companies slapping their logo on athletes and to me I feel that his 'Hate' on Nike and other brands kinda makes him less of a journalist and more of that guy that just didn't make it as a jock and now is bitter. I mean, a person in his position should be objective but he sure doesn't love the swoosh and he sure makes you know that and he has this liberal mentality of 'Educating' us all with his thoughts of reason and knowledge on why NIke is horrible etc. I like the site but not the man. Just my own person opinion.

I'm with you on this. I think most of us by visiting this forum are more new school by nature, open to progressive ideas. Whereas he is so overly old school, its a bit tiring. I will give him credit for slowly coming around, the Oregon duck tracker would be an example of that. In his defense, there have been countless examples of new school attempts across pro sports as far as uniforms go, and he has the right to bash those attempts. Some are just awful, and makes you wonder what some of these decision makers are thinking. Plus, he had a hand in the Mets "ditching the black" which is awesome. I visit the site regularly, but tend to just skip through the parts where he gets so excited about finding some vintage cardigan from the 1950s on eBay.

I would not squat in them lol

They're the exact opposite of what is needed for a shoe to squat in.

I already tried a flat sole aka converse chuck Taylor's and got a small fracture due to non support my feet needed. Every foot is different buddy.

I'm with you on this. I think most of us by visiting this forum are more new school by nature, open to progressive ideas. Whereas he is so overly old school, its a bit tiring. I will give him credit for slowly coming around, the Oregon duck tracker would be an example of that. In his defense, there have been countless examples of new school attempts across pro sports as far as uniforms go, and he has the right to bash those attempts. Some are just awful, and makes you wonder what some of these decision makers are thinking. Plus, he had a hand in the Mets "ditching the black" which is awesome. I visit the site regularly, but tend to just skip through the parts where he gets so excited about finding some vintage cardigan from the 1950s on eBay.

Is he still into those sweaters lol. But like you said he has a right to voice his views. Like yourself I just skip through his political rant and read the tidbits. I got to know Robert Marshall which made the site cooler by representing stirrups. I also dislike Phil Hicken for his tasteless comment about the Connecticut shooting. Paul didn't feel a need to suspend him or fire him. His sorry was good enough he said. After that I was done with the site and him. Sorry for ranting let's get back to posting about equip etc.

Back
Top Bottom