***MLB FEET AND EQUIPMENT 2019***NEW THREAD

I would hope so since he is having a tremendous season and they have done it for four of the turf shoes so far.

So far nothing just two turf color ways. I don’t see anything for this year’s all star game. Strange.

how do you guys feel about turf shoes for casual wear

kinda want a pair of trout 6 but would just be wearing them casually not playing anything in them

hoping they drop an all star colorway

I used to wear the Griffey Swingman Remix casually. On dry pavement, it was all fine, but on wet surfaces, the traction wasn't good. Got quite slippery.

how do you guys feel about turf shoes for casual wear

kinda want a pair of trout 6 but would just be wearing them casually not playing anything in them

hoping they drop an all star colorway

So far nothing on their site. No all star hype so far this year. The again it could change by tomorrow.

I used to wear the Griffey Swingman Remix casually. On dry pavement, it was all fine, but on wet surfaces, the traction wasn't good. Got quite slippery.
myra i was concerned about the bottoms being completely translucent,

i don’t get why they just don’t make a regular sneaker version like they did for Griffey

So far nothing on their site. No all star hype so far this year. The again it could change by tomorrow.

i feel like i remember one year it was a shock drop the day before. it had cool packaging too i forget what model it was though. maybe the 2 or 3.

i like the red and white better than the black and white. even have the red trout jersey. but i feel like these do look too similar to the lebron 16 turf diamond with the red. i like the silhouette so i think an all star colorway done right would be really good

19NIKMFRCZMTRT6TFCCH_Blue_White

you guys see these?

they're on dicks but they only have an 8.5

I guess so

just find it weird that's there's only one size on dicks and I checked the site pretty frequently

also see no mention of this color way anywhere else

Probably releasing slowly. Probably full run tonight or tomorrow morning. Probably getting all their all star gear ready. Unlike Nike, who doesn’t have anything up.

Those Trout turfs are tough :smokin. Too bad I don’t play anymore. Don’t think I could pull those off casually or at the gym lol

This is an honest question not meant to start flames: Do you think Nike ever regrets that their signature baseball athlete is Trout? I am a HUGE Trout fan and am fully aware of what a really great guy he is and I do think his Everyman persona is appealing, but I miss those old Griffey campaigns -a guy who liked making commercials, etc. Lately I’ve been thinking about how Nike could market huge charisma guys like Acuna Jr. and Tatis Jr. if they stole them away from other brands. I know the days of tv and print ads are long gone, but imagine the social media campaigns that could be pulled off. Thoughts?

This is an honest question not meant to start flames: Do you think Nike ever regrets that their signature baseball athlete is Trout? I am a HUGE Trout fan and am fully aware of what a really great guy he is and I do think his Everyman persona is appealing, but I miss those old Griffey campaigns -a guy who liked making commercials, etc. Lately I’ve been thinking about how Nike could market huge charisma guys like Acuna Jr. and Tatis Jr. if they stole them away from other brands. I know the days of tv and print ads are long gone, but imagine the social media campaigns that could be pulled off. Thoughts?

I think those commercials succeeded because social media was not the mainstream as it now. Also, the cost of a min or two commercial back then had to be extreme since it’s Nike. I believe those days are gone because It’s not needed anymore because word of mouth via social media. Why spend tons of money for a commercial when word of mouth does the same thing and even better.
Now for Trout, I don’t think Nike made a mistake or regret signing him. The issue is he’s in Anaheim. He’s striving to be the best but who in the east coast knows what’s really happening with him unless you check on his stats everyday. If he were on the Yankees or Boston, forget it. Sales would be up more so. The brand would be bigger but right now he’s safe, he isn’t controversial and he’s hidden. I guess when Nike really takes over everything then we will see them be more aggressive on who they will promote.

Naw I don't think Nike regrets it at all. Trout is a transcendent talent and his role model status is actually quite charming and different than a lot of their different athletes they have signed before. His shoes sell quite well, all I see on baseball fields are Trout's and a ton of guys in the league wear em as well. His turfs do well for turfs and they perform amazing too.

Naw I don't think Nike regrets it at all. Trout is a transcendent talent and his role model status is actually quite charming and different than a lot of their different athletes they have signed before. His shoes sell quite well, all I see on baseball fields are Trout's and a ton of guys in the league wear em as well. His turfs do well for turfs and they perform amazing too.

Agree, couldn’t have said it better. Got the All Stars in and was impressed somewhat. Just don’t like the denim lol

You will have to post some pics when you get a chance. I was contemplating them too, mainly because they are different than other colorway before them. I wish they would make another "trout" colorway though, seems like they stopped that theme around the third shoe.

Back
Top Bottom