***MLB FEET, EQUIPMENT, AND UNIFORMS 2022***NEW THREAD

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 1.52.23 PM.png

Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 4

The Angels are such disgrace. You've got Nike's timing all messed up where they drop the new models just in time for the playoffs... and then Trout himself has to just sit home and watch. Embarrassing

The Angels are such disgrace. You've got Nike's timing all messed up where they drop the new models just in time for the playoffs... and then Trout himself has to just sit home and watch. Embarrassing
Yeah I guess they probably wanted to sell all the LTD leftovers from last year but they could’ve waited to show the 8’s next spring. Oh well.

Hibbett has a page up for a closer look: Trout 8. They also list mcs “pro” which is a low so probably not looking good for a mid or 3/4 trainer.

The Trout turf line has generally been excellent. Real shame that they've never blessed us with Mids on any model I can remember

The Trout turf line has generally been excellent. Real shame that they've never blessed us with Mids on any model I can remember
The 5 and 6 were mids and gave very nice support IMO.

The black CW of the 8 is preferable but the white/grey one shows off the "teeth" a lot better. That white/red/gold is dope but why doesn't NDC have it on their site??

On another note, why does Nike release all this new baseball stuff at the END of the season? It literally makes no sense at all. No press release at all about the Trouts either, for the second year in a row. NDC also is somehow almost "sold out" of the white CW and almost all the cleats, even though just very recently being released.

Last edited:
The 5 and 6 were mids and gave very nice support IMO.

The black CW of the 8 is preferable but the white/grey one shows off the "teeth" a lot better. That white/red/gold is dope but why doesn't NDC have it on their site??

On another note, why does Nike release all this new baseball stuff at the END of the season? It literally makes no sense at all. No press release at all about the Trouts either, for the second year in a row. NDC also is somehow almost "sold out" of the white CW and almost all the cleats, even though just very recently being released.

I am so confused at the timing as well. Before when the Trouts were released it happened around the All Star Break. Now, its like lets just put them out without fanfare or promotion and even then not much information as well given to the public.
They can't blame Covid any longer so why the mishandling on a lot of their product regarding baseball? I felt that this union between MLB and Nike was a bad marriage since the start. Nike taking over left stock of Majestic and slap a Nike Logo on it didn't jive with me. Nike's handling of base layers and other equipment fell by the wayside when they were so active on it 5-10 years ago. Example after example of them just not caring or just giving half effort on their product.
Forbid that they get the NHL license for their uniforms because what the cost for an authentic now may double in price if Nike has their way.

They will never get back into hockey again, I am sure of that. Once they sold Bauer Hockey, it was over.

Puzzling that they don't spam Trout all over the place though, he's legit the best player in the game and they are giving very little effort in marketing him. Infuriating really. At least they continue to make him a sign, although they better not be lazy next year and just switch the upper like they did for the 8.

They will never get back into hockey again, I am sure of that. Once they sold Bauer Hockey, it was over.

Puzzling that they don't spam Trout all over the place though, he's legit the best player in the game and they are giving very little effort in marketing him. Infuriating really. At least they continue to make him a sign, although they better not be lazy next year and just switch the upper like they did for the 8.
Simple answer is that Trout isn’t really marketable, dude is vanilla as hell. Nike/Jordan has guys they can get behind and push product (Mookie, Tim Anderson, Manny Machado) but they just haven’t done much. Starting to think they may not think it’s worth it, would be interesting to see how Trout’s stuff does in comparison to Bryce Harper’s UA or Lindor’s NB stuff…

^, he may be vanilla but he is pretty much widely known as the best player in the game and does amazing stuff on-field. Plus, I see Trouts on absolutely everyone; I can count on my hands how many times I have seen UA or NB stuff, it just doesn't have that cache that the Swoosh does.

I agree that Nike/Jordan Brand should push the players you mentioned; I feel like the department as a whole is complacent because so many players rock their gear already.

^, he may be vanilla but he is pretty much widely known as the best player in the game and does amazing stuff on-field. Plus, I see Trouts on absolutely everyone; I can count on my hands how many times I have seen UA or NB stuff, it just doesn't have that cache that the Swoosh does.

I agree that Nike/Jordan Brand should push the players you mentioned; I feel like the department as a whole is complacent because so many players rock their gear already.
I rather have you or DSLee run baseball for Nike.

Honestly, Nike could be able to grow it's baseball division just by making turf versions of it's training shoes and making player editions, similar to what they've done with football folks in the past. I've said it a ton in the Griffey threads, but eliminating Swingman Brand was indicative of how Nike felt about being able to sell baseball-specific stuff. No reason why a premium Trout Vapor line, legacy Swingman/Griffey line, and lower tier Huarache line doesn't co-exist unless Nike believed it's just wasn't worth it. Jordan Brand can slap Mookie's name on some modern Trunners and I'm sure it'll at least do well by mark-down/Factory Store level, which I assume is where most of the Trout stuff moves.

Not making more signature player specific cleats makes sense, Trout is one of the few that you may be able to do that with, but not having more player edition stuff available for customers is lazy. Not sure why they picked up the MLB contract if they didn't have desire to change, or innovate, pre/post game and in-game baseball wear...

Back
Top Bottom