***MLB FEET, EQUIPMENT, AND UNIFORMS 2022***NEW THREAD

In keeping with the tradition of past MLB and Baseball postings within this forum. We shall see what the 2022 season will bring now being in a Post Pandemic environment. Let us try to keep up with the trends and products the many brands will throw at us this year. So let's follow the past rules just like the last thread and enjoy this year to the fullest. Thank you all.

Curious to see what the Trout 8 will look like since they are still getting in Trout 7 cleats here and there. Below this cleat should have been a turf shoe.
force-zoom-trout-7-mens-baseball-cleats-PJD04W.png

force-trout-7-pro-mcs-mens-baseball-cleats-Thr1gM.png

Ya, Nike really slacking on the Mid turfs. I really liked the silhouette of the Trout 7, and it would've loved to see it in a Mid turf.

As far as I recall, they never made a Trout 7 MCS, or do they only ever make Keystones in MCS?

Hopefully some better options this season. They've been pumping out Griffey retros, but so far no sniff of a cleat version |l

Ya, Nike really slacking on the Mid turfs. I really liked the silhouette of the Trout 7, and it would've loved to see it in a Mid turf.

As far as I recall, they never made a Trout 7 MCS, or do they only ever make Keystones in MCS?

Hopefully some better options this season. They've been pumping out Griffey retros, but so far no sniff of a cleat version |l
Even the Nike undershirts are laughable. Seems they are sticking with last years model again which has their team logo and the swoosh underneath.

Has anyone seen a recent Nike catalogue? I get covid and supply issues probably messed up fall 21-spring 22 releases but I feel like I’ve seen nothing new from Nike for baseball in a couple years.

Has anyone seen a recent Nike catalogue? I get covid and supply issues probably messed up fall 21-spring 22 releases but I feel like I’ve seen nothing new from Nike for baseball in a couple years.
Yeah nothing much of a catalog. They get bits and pieces here and there but nothing concrete like 2 years ago before the pandemic.

It’s been a minute .. but an old post of mine from 2020

Still so disappointed in nike to never retro Griffey's cleats like wtf. You gave us the NSW the year of his HOF induction, how was that not the perfect time to give us cleats.

Or anytime

I legit would buy like 4 pairs :frown:

Wasn’t freshwater or OG colorway but I had to get em. Doubled up will paint that royal black to go with our unis

FF7C9F19-793D-4DF7-883E-E23C03F3CDBA.jpeg

Last edited:
Was worried I was too late but still grabbed two pair. Just switched to a team that wears black/blue so these are perfect. Fingers crossed this leads into an annual release with turfs and molded too.

Can't tell me they can't put the same sole on a Jordan Brand upper, call it the Trunner Diamond or something, and have it sell like hotcakes... They can have Vlad Jr or Mookie rock customs throughout the season and they'll probably sell more than the Trouts. Probably would be killin once they hit the factory stores too..

I just keep on buying the Trout 7 Turf and the LTD Turf, although they are basically the same shoe lol.

I really would like to see the Trout 8 now Nike. I did notice a lot of catchers wearing the Nike gear, hopefully to gear up for the release of stuff back to the public soon.

Authentic jerseys are impossible to find outside of a few teams.

It worsened when Nike took over the MLB contract in 2020.

But it was already a little bad with a lack of broad selection for all colors with all teams at the end of Majestic's contract with MLB. I remember all the colors with all teams were available online with many retailers in the late 2000s to early 2010s. Lots of colors became less available online during the last few years of the Majestic deal.

Are they still significantly longer too?

The Nike authentic jerseys fit the same as the Majestic versions because they're literally the same thing since Nike just took over the plant that makes the authentic jerseys in Pennsylvania when they got the MLB contract in 2020. The only difference is that they have a Nike logo and labeling on them now.

It worsened when Nike took over the MLB contract in 2020.

But it was already a little bad with a lack of broad selection for all colors with all teams at the end of Majestic's contract with MLB. I remember all the colors with all teams were available online with many retailers in the late 2000s to early 2010s. Lots of colors became less available online during the last few years of the Majestic deal.

The Nike authentic jerseys fit the same as the Majestic versions because they're literally the same thing since Nike just took over the plant that makes the authentic jerseys in Pennsylvania when they got the MLB contract in 2020. The only difference is that they have a Nike logo and labeling on them now.

So they really are still using Majestic’s left over fabrics?

So they really are still using Majestic’s left over fabrics?

Yeah. It's blatant with the authentics. The transition that was made from the NBA and NFL hasn't happened with MLB. I don't know if it's a supply chain manner or the fact that they swooped in to take the bid at the last minute after UA bailed, but I am not touching an authentic until they go with their own templates.

Yeah. It's blatant with the authentics. The transition that was made from the NBA and NFL hasn't happened with MLB. I don't know if it's a supply chain manner or the fact that they swooped in to take the bid at the last minute after UA bailed, but I am not touching an authentic until they go with their own templates.
Yeah supposedly that new Nike model for the jersey was supposed to drop last season but I bet with the pandemic they're milking remnants of the Majestic material...SMFH...

Back
Top Bottom