MLB The Show '24 (3/19/24) — PS5/PS4/XSX/XSS/XBO/Switch

Any tips on getting better with pinpoint? Is timing more important or following the motions?

just got set up with my team in DD

black on off-white/gray-white is killing my eyes. need a patch for this ASAP

Any tips on getting better with pinpoint? Is timing more important or following the motions?

It's a timed motion

Just pay attention to the speed of the preview. That's how you know the timing

Normally, pinpoint is more forgiving than others. This time, it's a bit different than before

They added new shades and southpaw pinpoints

The sinker shade is really awkward. Pinpoint for southpaw surely feels so weird. I am so used with 180 degree/360 degree rotations in counterclockwise. Doing those rotations in clockwise drove me a bit crazy last night :lol:

For now, I am using pure for pitching until a new patch file

It's a timed motion

Just pay attention to the speed of the preview. That's how you know the timing

Normally, pinpoint is more forgiving than others. This time, it's a bit different than before

They added new shades and southpaw pinpoints

The sinker shade is really awkward. Pinpoint for southpaw surely feels so weird. I am so used with 180 degree/360 degree rotations in counterclockwise. Doing those rotations in clockwise drove me a bit crazy last night :lol:

For now, I am using pure for pitching until a new patch file

Glad to know I’m not the only one. Muscle memory has been hard to break. I’m getting tagged.

Completed the whole BR Program

That was easy

Getting 7 wins deff helps with the 10 extra points each time being repeatable

I took gagne for now since i need closers

04634332-bfe8-479b-b7eb-85f577fde939.png

Nice co-op come back

I gave up the 2 Runs in the bottom 8th :smh:

I hit a single to start off the 9th and my buddy cranked a 2 run bomb with jackie robinson of all ppl lol think he has 55 power

If anyone ever wants to rock just lmk

where the goat zack15 zack15 at?

You enjoying this year? I know you nice on the sticks always
Wasn't even sure I was gonna play this year. Ended up with 36 hours in like 2 days :lol:. I've finished all of the offline content but I'm waiting for them to fix the problem with pinpoint out of the stretch before I jump online. I'll screenshot my team the next time I'm on.

i must say this game has surprised me

i didnt watch no early twitch vids this season but it honestly seems like it is not too grindy at all after playing a few days

im just about completed with TA and i feel like i barely put in work - all i played was BR and some events + 3 co-op games

they made it to where they allow us to play the game how we want and still progress through a lot of things

I picked up some Kontrol Freek rings so I can stop straight up guessing the pitch location before the ball is thrown.

I put a soft ring on and jumped into batting practice, I'm not swinging straight into the dirt anymore but even with the soft ring my bat location is around the center of the zone. Do the rings "break in" a bit for a little more give?

I picked up some Kontrol Freek rings so I can stop straight up guessing the pitch location before the ball is thrown.

I put a soft ring on and jumped into batting practice, I'm not swinging straight into the dirt anymore but even with the soft ring my bat location is around the center of the zone. Do the rings "break in" a bit for a little more give?

It does break in over time

I use the purple as well atm

I use Strike Zone 2 - i am able to just about touch every corner without going over or below the zone

I will say be careful taking the ring off and on deff will rip over time if not cautious

Last edited:
best hitting advice i can give you frink85 frink85

is think of it as if you are having a catch with the pitcher

i personally start my PCI up and in depending on the pitcher - Ex: so if pitcher is a righty and batter is a righty, i start my PCI top left and adjust with the pitch

my eyes are always focused on the RELEASE POINT of of the pitcher hand. Dont keep eyes on your PCI

ALOT of people are to obvious with pitch sequences as well

if you come across sinkers/cutter/sliders just expect sinkers in to batters and slider/cutters away - very rarely will you vs someone who tries to backdoor a slider unless you move up in ranks

Last edited:
e2be8c3e-4279-4931-b78f-69013d00dc13.png

I got smacked by a guy in the first BR game. Allowed 16 runs. Humiliated. I was like damn I’m really hitting the decline, huh? I considered focusing on RTTS/franchise/co-op with friends only. I wasn’t sure if my pitches were easily hittable or the guy must be really good. He didn’t chase the ball. Hit perfect nukes many times

Played ranked after the bad loss. Lost first game then won three straight games. I got lucky wins. I wasn’t satisfied because PCI size was so big. So it was on the either rookie or veteran difficulty level

Decided to play one more game before bedtime. I was down 1-5. I told myself to just finish the game. That comeback win gave me a great sleep! :lol:

bruh i thoguht i had my spotify on at first when i heard spitta come on

i was so HYPE

the whole soundtrack is really good
I thought the exact same thing.

I was so hyped I texted my gf to tell her; got hit with the thumbs up reply lol.

It does break in over time

I use the purple as well atm

I use Strike Zone 2 - i am able to just about touch every corner without going over or below the zone

I will say be careful taking the ring off and on deff will rip over time if not cautious

Good to know. So far I’m adjusting to using it and I can tell I’m actually getting to the pitch over sitting middle low on everything lol.

best hitting advice i can give you frink85 frink85

is think of it as if you are having a catch with the pitcher

i personally start my PCI up and in depending on the pitcher - Ex: so if pitcher is a righty and batter is a righty, i start my PCI top left and adjust with the pitch

my eyes are always focused on the RELEASE POINT of of the pitcher hand. Dont keep eyes on your PCI

ALOT of people are to obvious with pitch sequences as well

if you come across sinkers/cutter/sliders just expect sinkers in to batters and slider/cutters away - very rarely will you vs someone who tries to backdoor a slider unless you move up in ranks

I’ve been taking it off when fielding sometimes because I've found that I’m not running fast enough so I’m worrying about durability. It could just be me but I’m having outfielders missing fly balls lol maybe I just need to adjust to pushing the stick in harder.

I start my PCI up too it’s easier to slam the stick down lol.

I’m definitely guilty of staring at the ball. I know MLB hitters watch release point and ball spin but I don’t have the reflexes for that haha. And I definitely get fooled on breaking balls after watching heaters, a lot of trying to protect against 95+ causing me to hurry up.

I’m not playing online so pitch recognition sequence should be more predictable.

Thanks for all the tips bruh, NGL there have been times in the past where I was like “eff this let me go to timing” lol. I’ll keep all this in mind when I start it up tonight you the real MVP.

:rofl: :rofl:I promise you weren't the only one to miss pop ups/not running full sprint with it still on for first few days

I also use the tall/high kontrol freek that goes on the left analog stick and small/short one for pitching it helps a good bit with moving it around those extra centimeters

It will take sometime to adjust to but once you figure the sweet spot out youll never take it off unless you plan to play other games

Knocked events out last night

Think im like 38-12 in it

Got the 10win in same entry without losing 2 and they gave me degrom for the reward

Pulled a seager last night as well but doubt i use him with jackie at SS

Dont know why i do it to myself every year im so sick of it

5-0 in ranked and currently in a 16 hour Yes a 16 ****ing hour freeze off with someone who is 6-8

The game froze at the record screen where you hold A to skip

This **** is so ****ing frustrating - if i already had an L id quit but im sorry my first L aint coming from a freeze off

Been happening since 17 lol

Dont even get me started with the 2-way glitch being back as well

These ****ing companies go BACKWARDS

How the **** do you fix the code last year but this year the SAME glitch is back. SERIOUSLY DO THEY EVEN ****IBG TEST GAMES BEFIRE RELEASE ANYMORE?

Back
Top Bottom