Mod Approval

Discussion in 'FAQ / How-Tos / General Support' started by primitiveflesh, Mar 1, 2018.

1. primitiveflesh

primitiveflesh

I’ve looked all over the place and can’t seem to find an answer to this question. How many posts/how long, before my posts aren’t awaiting a moderators approval. Seems like whenever I post something, it takes hours to get posted. By the time it’s finally posted it’s buried pages back. Thanks in advance.

creighbaby and rza52 like this.
  2. J Kilroy 85

J Kilroy 85

Id like to know this as well.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  3. Nortifer0

Nortifer0

I just made my first post and was waiting for approval, but instead its now deleted without any explanation. Not a very pleasant way to welcome me to the forums..

4. babyjs23

babyjs23 Moderator Staff Member

Relax, it was deleted by mistake and has been corrected.

5. primitiveflesh

primitiveflesh

@babyjs23

6. 40jays40flights

40jays40flights

are there guidelines for what posts need mod approval?

7. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

Buy/sell listings and posts from new users require moderator approval.

40jays40flights likes this.
  8. 40jays40flights

40jays40flights

thanks! how many posts until a user is no longer "new"?

my account isn't new, but i just haven't posted.

9. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

We have to moderate the initial posts from an account if we want to prevent spam, fraud, etc. Otherwise, spammers could simply register and stockpile accounts to bypass our security measures.

Personally reviewing posts from new users presents a significant burden for the staff and a temporary burden for each user, but we believe that the long term benefits for everyone are worth it. If given the choice, I imagine you'd rather accept the short-term frustration in waiting for moderation approval now to browsing a forum filled with spam.

imcool809 and 40jays40flights like this.
  10. imcool809

imcool809

How many weeks does it take to post without waiting for approval?

doitlikenike likes this.
  11. doitlikenike

doitlikenike

Can I get approved? Seems like more old account got deleted/removed for an unknown reason. Thanks @Methodical Management <3

12. mrbigtime

mrbigtime

Could you possibly let us know how long it takes to get approved? I've been pretty active for ~3 weeks after a long hiatus, and have yet to be able to post without needing mod approval.

Gawd likes this.
  13. This is the latest thread I can find on this subject.

I notice when I post it takes a bit before it's approved & by then multiple pages has gone through so no on sees my question. How long (I'm still pretty fresh, since Friday) before our posts doesn't need any approval?

I understand the process, to filter spam/trolls/junk...but it is possible to approve faster if we prove that we are real people with interest to this forum?

14. mrbigtime

mrbigtime

Good luck with that. I’ve been regularly commenting on multiple threads for nearly 3 months and haven’t been approved.

I understand why they do this, but can’t help but wonder how many people they’ve scared off because they can’t properly use the site.

15. That sucks. I’ve asked a few questions under other post & no one reply cause by the time it’s approved many pages have gone by.

16. oOoOo my last reply to you went through...didn’t need moderator to approve the post. Yasssssss