Mod Approval

I’ve looked all over the place and can’t seem to find an answer to this question. How many posts/how long, before my posts aren’t awaiting a moderators approval. Seems like whenever I post something, it takes hours to get posted. By the time it’s finally posted it’s buried pages back. Thanks in advance.

I just made my first post and was waiting for approval, but instead its now deleted without any explanation. Not a very pleasant way to welcome me to the forums..

I just made my first post and was waiting for approval, but instead its now deleted without any explanation. Not a very pleasant way to welcome me to the forums..
Relax, it was deleted by mistake and has been corrected.

I’ve looked all over the place and can’t seem to find an answer to this question. How many posts/how long, before my posts aren’t awaiting a moderators approval. Seems like whenever I post something, it takes hours to get posted. By the time it’s finally posted it’s buried pages back. Thanks in advance.
@babyjs23

thanks! how many posts until a user is no longer "new"?

my account isn't new, but i just haven't posted.
We have to moderate the initial posts from an account if we want to prevent spam, fraud, etc. Otherwise, spammers could simply register and stockpile accounts to bypass our security measures.

Personally reviewing posts from new users presents a significant burden for the staff and a temporary burden for each user, but we believe that the long term benefits for everyone are worth it. If given the choice, I imagine you'd rather accept the short-term frustration in waiting for moderation approval now to browsing a forum filled with spam.

We have to moderate the initial posts from an account if we want to prevent spam, fraud, etc. Otherwise, spammers could simply register and stockpile accounts to bypass our security measures.

Personally reviewing posts from new users presents a significant burden for the staff and a temporary burden for each user, but we believe that the long term benefits for everyone are worth it. If given the choice, I imagine you'd rather accept the short-term frustration in waiting for moderation approval now to browsing a forum filled with spam.
How many weeks does it take to post without waiting for approval?

Can I get approved? Seems like more old account got deleted/removed for an unknown reason. Thanks Methodical Management Methodical Management <3

Could you possibly let us know how long it takes to get approved? I've been pretty active for ~3 weeks after a long hiatus, and have yet to be able to post without needing mod approval.

This is the latest thread I can find on this subject.

I notice when I post it takes a bit before it's approved & by then multiple pages has gone through so no on sees my question. How long (I'm still pretty fresh, since Friday) before our posts doesn't need any approval?

I understand the process, to filter spam/trolls/junk...but it is possible to approve faster if we prove that we are real people with interest to this forum?

I notice when I post it takes a bit before it's approved & by then multiple pages has gone through so no on sees my question. How long (I'm still pretty fresh, since Friday) before our posts doesn't need any approval?

I understand the process, to filter spam/trolls/junk...but it is possible to approve faster if we prove that we are real people with interest to this forum?

Good luck with that. I’ve been regularly commenting on multiple threads for nearly 3 months and haven’t been approved.

I understand why they do this, but can’t help but wonder how many people they’ve scared off because they can’t properly use the site.

Good luck with that. I’ve been regularly commenting on multiple threads for nearly 3 months and haven’t been approved.

I understand why they do this, but can’t help but wonder how many people they’ve scared off because they can’t properly use the site.
That sucks. I’ve asked a few questions under other post & no one reply cause by the time it’s approved many pages have gone by.

oOoOo my last reply to you went through...didn’t need moderator to approve the post. Yasssssss

Unfortunately, we can't detail the exact criteria our system uses to grant instant posting access to our fellow members without inviting abuse, but it is designed such that legitimate community members gain approval after becoming acclimated to the community and our rules.

Can I get approved? Seems like more old account got deleted/removed for an unknown reason. Thanks Methodical Management Methodical Management <3

Thanks to your reports, we were able to identify a configuration issue that prevented some people from graduating to automatic post approval. Your accounts should now submit posts instantly. I appreciate your patience.

Unfortunately, we can't detail the exact criteria our system uses to grant instant posting access to our fellow members without inviting abuse, but it is designed such that legitimate community members gain approval after becoming acclimated to the community and our rules.

Thanks to your reports, we were able to identify a configuration issue that prevented some people from graduating to automatic post approval. Your accounts should now submit posts instantly. I appreciate your patience.

Awesome, thanks!

You’re welcome - but it’s @HellaSteph who deserves the credit. She identified the configuration issue and repaired the impacted accounts.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulties or have any other questions.
I am in the same boat here... have been a member for quite a while but trying to provide input to some forums here. When can I get approval?

I am still not approved and have been a member since 2016 and have ~20 posts

It seems like the only people in this situation registered several years ago, but did not meet the criteria at the time we switch forum platforms and have only made a small number of posts since then.

I'd recommend that you continue posting and you should be able to qualify.

Hi! Does lurking the forum while being logged in increase my chances of "becoming acclimated"? Because I often read forums on e.g. my phone or tablet without being logged in. (I've been lurking here for several years but created my first account two days ago).
And also, why can't you implement a system where posts getting approved are added to the thread at the time of approval instead of when being posted?

Hi! Does lurking the forum while being logged in increase my chances of "becoming acclimated"? Because I often read forums on e.g. my phone or tablet without being logged in. (I've been lurking here for several years but created my first account two days ago).
And also, why can't you implement a system where posts getting approved are added to the thread at the time of approval instead of when being posted?
To your first question: we do factor that in when it comes to gaining posting access to the General forum and the Buy/Sell area, but in order to instant posting access without moderation approval we need a sample of the user's posting behavior so we can better weed out spam and abuse.

I agree that it would be preferable for posts to be inserted at the time of approval so they aren't lost in especially fast-moving discussions, but we rely on third party forum software and that's unfortunately not how they chose to code the system. We do our best to process approvals in a timely manner and appreciate everyone's patience during the vetting period for new users.

If there's anything I can do to have my account approved for posting, I'd be happy to help facilitate however I can. I've had my account for over two years, but I've only recently wanted to contribute to threads. I'm not a bot or a business or anything. I can provide my IG/Reddit/etc. for reference.

Back
Top Bottom