Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

I exhibited so much washed behavior going out bar/club hopping with my wife. I dont drink so I kept asking for non-alcoholic beverages and kept getting funny looks. Asked this dude for a slushy espresso drink they had but without the liqour and he told me they come pre-made with alcohol. Went to a club for exactly 15 minutes. Heading home at 11pm. :lol: :smh:
Club open at 11pm!!!
Time to hang it up my guy. The Chelsea boots too.
9D3A868A-7194-4DFD-9F23-2804F87E9EBE.jpeg

Club open at 11pm!!!
Time to hang it up my guy. The Chelsea boots too.
9D3A868A-7194-4DFD-9F23-2804F87E9EBE.jpeg

I went in at 10 it was a few people and the club girls dressed in lingerie. They tried to charge us 20 to get in. I told dude my wife just wants 1 drink and we'll be in and out.

Working from home today, and I cannot find my PC mouse. Literally been opening up boxes in my closet, checking cabinets, all kinds of **** because I have zero clue when I last saw it (which was probably 2.5 weeks ago).

Similarly, sometimes I'll walk into a room to go grab something... and then forget what I was going to grab once I get there.

happens to me all the time and my house is hella small. reminds me of this

Working from home today, and I cannot find my PC mouse. Literally been opening up boxes in my closet, checking cabinets, all kinds of **** because I have zero clue when I last saw it (which was probably 2.5 weeks ago).

Similarly, sometimes I'll walk into a room to go grab something... and then forget what I was going to grab once I get there.
this is why I dont want my space, stuff being touched. it's either things get misplaced or someone taking my stuff without returning them. then I'll get into a dilemma on where I left them. this doesn't help that my memory ain't that sharp anymore.

Work people are crazy man. I got a co worker who’s 72. He maxed out one union pension and switched to another to put into that instead. If he retired he’s making like 130k a year before social security and Roth. His dumb *** still works. :lol:

Out here raking asphalt looking like skelator. We clown him to his face about it.

Work people are crazy man. I got a co worker who’s 72. He maxed out one union pension and switched to another to put into that instead. If he retired he’s making like 130k a year before social security and Roth. His dumb *** still works. :lol:

Out here raking asphalt looking like skelator. We clown him to his face about it.
My grandpa was in a similar situation been in the oil fields since he was 16 had 401ks before i was born (im 40). Should be real comfortable collecting them hard earned checks. He was a lifer going to die at work one day and they knew it. Finally pushed him into retirement in 2020 during covid. My poor old man has been a miserable shell of him former self sincem Has all the money and all the hobbies he just cant motivate himself to do anymore. For some reason that job gave him a purpose its all he really knows.

Yeah I guess I was a little harsh calling him dumb.

Dude gets there at 5:30 am for no reason, brings in doughnuts and beer for after work.

Gets off and hangs out and drinks beer all night until he’s the last one there. It’s just all he’s got for a social life. He’s worked there since the company started in the 70s, damn near raised the owners kids.

Hell of a guy but I don’t understand him.

My grandpa was in a similar situation been in the oil fields since he was 16 had 401ks before i was born (im 40). Should be real comfortable collecting them hard earned checks. He was a lifer going to die at work one day and they knew it. Finally pushed him into retirement in 2020 during covid. My poor old man has been a miserable shell of him former self sincem Has all the money and all the hobbies he just cant motivate himself to do anymore. For some reason that job gave him a purpose its all he really knows.

it’s not uncommon for older folk to precipitously decline after retirement, for some breaking that routine/structure of purpose with leisure is less stimulating and thus almost accelerates aging

it’s not uncommon for older folk to precipitously decline after retirement, for some breaking that routine/structure of purpose with leisure is less stimulating and thus almost accelerates aging
Same routine for 50 years, i couldn't imagine having to adjust over night. I try to get back home more often and get him out though. My uncle just retired also so hes been spending a lot more time fishing with him a messing around with their cars when its not too hot.

this is why I dont want my space, stuff being touched. it's either things get misplaced or someone taking my stuff without returning them. then I'll get into a dilemma on where I left them. this doesn't help that my memory ain't that sharp anymore.

i think this just the result of using phones too much we turn off this sort of mindfulness.

Dude gets there at 5:30 am for no reason, brings in doughnuts and beer for after work.

Gets off and hangs out and drinks beer all night until he’s the last one there. It’s just all he’s got for a social life. He’s worked there since the company started in the 70s, damn near raised the owners kids.

We’re just animals all people really want is a routine and structure to their life. We’ve poorly defined what that is for when people retire. People want to bring value and to have a sense of community. Hard in the US though because there is such a wide range of health for seniors unlike other countries. Can’t be doing programs aimed toward them when half of them can’t walk.

truth is, it's about routine/habit and the lack of social life. we got a patient who was a nurse and all she does is do rounds. some co-workers who retired a few years ago still work as casuals like it's their only reason to live or do something in their daily life. some former co-workers who are really retired are doing something else that they love outside of work.

I did actually asked the same question a few years ago why these people seem not to stop the things they do after they retire. now I understand. there was a point in my life when I was off work and all I can think of was going back to work. nowadays, I feel different. maybe because of the increasing demand at work and burn-out is finally setting in. now I don't want to go to work anymore and want to do something else. I'm quitting my post tomorrow and will be doing casual work while attending school.

Last edited:

He's like old dude in shawshank
One of my buddies got a gang of dental work when he was visiting family in Mexico.
Family friend always get his dental work done in Morocco. Says it's cheaper and they have better equipment.

My co worker lives in Spain in the winter and is retiring there because the healthcare.

He’s in Morocco all the time too actually.

Back
Top Bottom