More relationship advice... VOL the Titanic sank!

Just wrote up this whole post and yuku deleted it on me. Let's try this again.
Alright... here is my situation.

I'm single, uncommitted, and work out of town - two weeks out, one week in.

When I'm home for that one week I want to see my friends, enjoy my free time, and of course get it in a few times.

There is this one girl. We've been talking for about four months now... but have only kicked it about seven times.

Each time was awesome. She's an incredible person - and if I was looking for a girlfriend, she'd be a great candidate.

But I'm not looking for a girl friend, and I've told her this numerous times. The issue here is that females think they can sway a man, It's not going to happen - I enjoy my freedom.

So, despite telling her like it is, I feel as though I may be indirectly leading her on. I'm not looking to break any hearts here..... I just want to hang out with a female, smash, enjoy eachothers company, have good conversation, etc.

During my current days off we decided to hang out on Monday (today). We were probably gonna go for dinner, go for a walk, and then smash all night. That would have been ideal.

Then she throws this my way.

My dad is here from out of town and wants to get together this week. If you're up for it I'd like for him to meet you! We cna meet him for dinner tonight or tomorrow. If you don't want to it's cool.

What do?

She KNOWS I'm not looking for a relationship.... so why am I meeting the famb?

I've met a few of her friends, because I'm a social dude... but this is another step in the wrong direction.

Am I digging myself a hole here? Should I just stop kicking it all together? Should I just tell her I dont want to meet her dad and remind her what the deal is?

CLIFFS:

-Dont want a relationship

-Hanging with awesome chick

-She wants me to meet her dad/family

-I'm worried things are getting too far 

-Not looking to be a heart breaker

-Seems like she put a ring on herself and wrote from brettthejett 
grin.gif

You're not looking for a relationship, but your know EXACTLY how many times you've hung out (7)....

You want a relationship.

Why wouldn't you want to hang out with her just because her Dad is there? Just introduce yourself as her friend - you shouldn't ruin anything by being too scared of the dreaded "meet the family" event. Relax. Their people and you're people so have a nice time. Maybe its time to admit that you may not be able to smash and dash on this girl because you may have caught feelings and you're too stubborn (full of yourself) to realize it. 

Otherwise meeting her Dad would mean ab-so-lutely nothing to you.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You're not looking for a relationship, but your know EXACTLY how many times you've hung out (7)....

You want a relationship.
I just happen to have a good memory.
Am I really the only one who sees the significance of meeting the family?

No, it doesn't mean anything to me... but that's clearly a huge thing for her. 

Don't see why your worrying, you said you're not looking for a relationship. What more can you do?

Also, end your facade. She will eventually find some else and then you'll be making a thread about how you lost a good one.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

What do?

She KNOWS I'm not looking for a relationship
She already knows this, so I really don't see the problem.
Since you guys are just friends, you should feel no pressure with meeting her Dad.
You guys have a good thing going.  Just remain friends and see what happens.

Dont go

no need to

but if you like the chick..... go.... then smash 1 hour aster saying bye to the father

Almost like having sex with her while her dad watched cause her dad know you wanna get it in

It seems you've found the rare breed of woman who only wants to chill and smash, with no strings attached.

Kudos to you sir.

You should 'start' seeing other women just to see how she'd react. She may be a keeper.

SN: Why title it "relationship advice" if you're not looking for a relationship. I fear you'll start catching feelings and she'll continue to be detached.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

What do?

Since you guys are just friends, you should feel no pressure with meeting her Dad.
This is where we enter a gray area.
What is considered just friends, dating, and a relationship?

We smash numerous times when we do hang out... hold hands and +!%#... 

I asked this before and never got an answer. What happened with your school situation? 

You made it clear to her that you don't want to be in a relationship so she should know what she's getting herself in to. But you should set some boundaries and limit on some of the things that you do or say. Most females are sensitive and even though you made it clear, they may think that action speaks louder than words. 

StaXX wrote:
I asked this before and never got an answer. What happened with your school situation? 

Thought I responded?
We were both offered the opportunity for a redo of a similar sized project. That particular course isn't being offered next year so we couldn't do a repeat of the course.

I just took the hit, redid the whole damn thing from scratch, and moved on - lessons learned.

Anyways, I need to respond to this chick.... Assuming I just want to kick it as per our plans and NOT meet any fam how can I tell her nicely? 

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

What do?

This is where we enter a gray area.
What is considered just friends, dating, and a relationship?

We smash numerous times when we do hang out... hold hands and +!%#... 

holding hands and %!+%
doggy stop playing...... You like the chick but dont wanna admit it. And if you dont want a serious relationship then start smashing more breezes

Stop thinking about what she is thinking because if you really were about that life you wouldent give a ##%+ about her dad or anything related. 

You hold hands and think you're not in a relationship?

Dude, you're in a relationship that isn't labeled as one, that's all.
And yes, meeting her father is a big deal. But you may as well, you're already her boyfriend.

why arent all opening post just cliff notes?

i mean yours are in good detail

it would save a lot of time

Dude, just tell her you don't want to meet him. To her this could be a big thing for her or something.

So I wouldn't go if I were you.....

I don't see the significance man. As long as she doesn't introduce you as her bf, then it's a non issue. If she does, just roll with it and check her when yall are in private.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

you may have caught feelings and you're too stubborn (full of yourself) to realize it. 

Otherwise meeting her Dad would mean ab-so-lutely nothing to you.
STRONG THIS.

Bruh I've met plenty of girl's parents with no intentions of being in a relationship with their daughter. Meant NOTHING to me. It's more of a delay to what I'm about to do to her than something I'd be nervous about. Makes it easier too when they try that third degree bs.
laugh.gif
 Bad Boys 2 got dudes confused about who to do that with. Especially if she's really feeling you. It's too easy to flip that "I'm about to drill him with questions" mindset into "when are you coming back? Please have our daughter!".
30t6p3b.gif
Question after question, I just give short answers with a "your boring me, I didn't come here for you" vibe.

But yeah...sounds like you caught dem feelins. you already know what you've told her. Meeting pops shouldn't matter.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

You hold hands and think you're not in a relationship?

Dude, you're in a relationship that isn't labeled as one, that's all.
And yes, meeting her father is a big deal. But you may as well, you're already her boyfriend.
You're right... She's already beat me. 
tired.gif

I should have known what was coming my way. I tell her it won't happen, we take things slowly... she gives me back rubs and makes me breakfast.... %!@$.

I need to get out of this before feelings are hurt (hers)

Back
Top Bottom