Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Originally Posted by omgitswes

would love to see this.
Now I didn't really get into MK as deep as other people, so this isn't the actual story line and background story of the characters is it?
and I thought Shao Kaun was the main dude
Nope, far from the OG plot. And Shao Khan was the maind dude after the first MK, Shang Tsung was the main dude and was dirt old, he stole a body or somethin or other and became the young person many know today.

I really would like to see this become a movie tho, new storyline and all. As far as unrealistic characters i.e. Goro, Mutaro, etc, they could go through the Bermuda Triangle or some %%%% to fight
laugh.gif
Melina could be Kitana's twin sister separated at birth adopted by a family who didn't have dental insurance

I thought that Baraka was gon turn out to be Kabal since he had the dreds and what not.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'll admit, looks cool, but an MK movie with no Goro?
It can't be that hard to make Goro believable, I mean they made Baraka realistic
laugh.gif

Like have a backstory on twin bodybuilders whose dreams were to have the biggest biceps in the world. Sadly one of them dies. So the other decides to fulfill the dream by sewing his brother's arms on his body. With his new body, he needs a new name. Since his name is Godrick and his brother was Robert, combined...GORO!!!

C'mon Hollywod, **** ain't hard.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DC5 06

It can't be that hard to make Goro believable, I mean they made Baraka realistic
laugh.gif

Like have a backstory on twin bodybuilders whose dreams were to have the biggest biceps in the world. Sadly one of them dies. So the other decides to fulfill the dream by sewing his brother's arms on his body. With his new body, he needs a new name. Since his name is Godrick and his brother was Robert, combined...GORO!!!

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

academyAward.jpg

I also hope that Kung Lao is in this so there can be a scene where Scorpion is about to fight, but right before he leaves, Jax grabs his shoulder and whispers, "Watch out for his hat...dude throws his hat...AND CHOPS HEADS!!!"

This mortal kombat reboot looks sick. I like how it has more of a dark side, r rated feel. The old corny mortal kombat of the 90s def appealed with the younger crowd and the video game enthusiasts and its great how this reboot is still aimed at those fans more than a decade later. Definitely excited. Hope liu kang makes an appearance too.

This thread made me pull up the original Mortal Kombat movie on my Netflix. I forgot how cheesy this thing was 
roll.gif

Stop it, for those who are playing the Dark Knight card, Batman and most of his rouges gallery is more likely to exist in the real world than the characters of Mortal Kombat. Like pacmajic said, there is too much magic and mythology int MK to give it a realistic feel or reboot such as Batman, notice how we've seen two films with villains who are more masterminds than those with abnormal powers? I.E.: Ra's al Ghul; Joker? It can be done in Batman.

Warner Bros bought the MK I.P.; even as a reboot/ alternate storyline this is the best they could come up with? Because realism worked with BM all comic and or video game films need it now?
If I recall,aside from the casting choices, almost everyone on NT is feeling the trailers for "The Last Airbender", this was a NICKELODEON cartoon and they managed to make it a little darker and more epic-esque without compromising or changing the the story (judging from what we've seen so far).
It's not impossible.

They looked up an existing birth defect/condition just to justify Reptile's existence and behavior?
Spoiler [+]

Scorpion, a known antagonist is now the main protagonist/antihero? PLEASE (-_-) And don't even pull that "But Supr, hes like Wolverine now, a bad@$s who makes his own rules" Nah sit your keister down. Making Johnny Cage the MK version of Kenny in South Park is not cool in my book.

They couldn't get a Sonya who didn't look like a skinny boring school teacher? [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I bet NT's own Harvey Birdman would be the only one appreciating that.[/color]

Baraka, wow, they turned an ugly character into an even uglier one
smh.gif

Sub Zero looking like a cancer patient on life support..

Spoiler [+]
YES I'M MAD

I'm more of a bluray at the crib type of dude, but I will go dolo if none of my boys want to watch this. Damn this franchise brings back memories. Opening day fosho!

Originally Posted by DC5 06

laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm in tears

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I really would like to see this become a movie tho, new storyline and all. As far as unrealistic characters i.e. Goro, Mutaro, etc, they could go through the Bermuda Triangle or some %%%% to fight
laugh.gif
Melina could be Kitana's twin sister separated at birth adopted by a family who didn't have dental insurance

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 ya'll are some silly M@#$%@$#s

Back
Top Bottom