Mos Def Concert. What to expect?

he's hitting up houston next month with jay electronica i'm a bit questionable as what to expect, he's been one of my favorite MCs since thelongest time...but based on what he's been currently releasing, im not sure what kind of material he would perform...has anyone been to any of his recentconcerts and what are your reviews? speaking of half of blackstarr, i saw talib maybe a month back and it was the worst show i've EVER been to, the doorsopened at 7, show starts at 730, all of his opening acts were just a bunch of crackhead locals, and they all seemed to be within the same family, it washorrendous! they stalled it all the way to 1230, (if im coming to a show at 7, i wanna see the main appearance to show up latest at 10!) supposedly he gotlost...and he got on stage talking about how he was having a bad day, he had no set whatsoever...he spent the whole time flirting with the DJ on that "oh,what are you playing next? oh, i like that one" just picking random %@% songs to perform, and he got off stage and called it a night 30 minutes later...ilost so much respect for him, zero level of professionalism, just pure trash. /endrant

I haven't been to one of Mos concerts since November or so, and I will see him when he hits D.C., I think he may do alot from the new album. But he doestouch alot of his songs. I had a good time and IMO think he puts on a good show, especially if you're familiar with his music.

Don't show up on time. He never comes on time, theres always a "plane delay" so I guess if the show starts at 8, probably show up at like 10 or10:30, something.

He sings too much and gets boring easily. My girls a big fan of his and fell asleep during his show.

He controls the crowd well. Does a lot of talking/communicating with the fans.

He's gonna do Umi Says & U R The One for sure.

Originally Posted by zube42

He sings too much and gets boring easily. My girls a big fan of his and fell asleep during his show.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom