Most Boring Car of the Week: Lexus IS250

LFCC debut was October. To describe the way the rear bumper meets the body and shape of taillights its pretty intense for speculation. Either way its two weeks away so well see. I would imagine the transmission tweaks could lead to mpg improvements.

Nah interior pics for the LFCC came out in September, not the close up but you can clearly see the clusters inspiration. And covered IS concepts have been driven almost all year long. Some lines can be seen from there. ANyways, discussion is moot anyways. Just agree to disagree I guess.

But yeah, Detroit Auto Show can't come soon enough.

lexus cars have always been bland and boring. whats new?

thats the thing though nobody buys an IS250 and expects it to be sporty its not meant to be

dude in the OP is ******ed for comparing an IS250 to a Evo's and WRX's

View media item 153257View media item 153258
Heres pictures of my Lex F-Sport, that 2014 sounds so freaking amazing.

thats clean :pimp:

what do you think about the GS and what other cars were you looking at before you bought it?

Last edited:
I cant wait for the new IS. Patiently awaiting for it to be revealed. I hope they make an IS-F version. That would be my future car. Im debating buying a used version of the current IS-F actually but the price is still a little high for me now

You're not alone.

I was looking just the other day and saw a fantastic blue IS-F, but I really feel like i'll be stretching myself too far if I purchase it.

in general lexus/toyota always always taken their time on new models

this should be a good year for cars though............

But yeah, Detroit Auto Show can't come soon enough.

Anyone else absolutely HATE new school digital speedo/tach displays ?

Theres something about not having separate analogue gauges that just pisses me off to no end.

I feel like the ever growing influence of videogames in the car world is responsible for this. :smh:

that display is right off the LFA, in which regular analog meters couldn't keep up with the speed of rev (accel/decel). Seeing this digital one in action is pretty cool.

...but i agree with you. there's nothing like old school tacho/speedo. its timeless imo and can look amazing at night given the right lighting color combos.i don't even like the single tacho x digital speedo setup. looks wack.. keep it all old school like so...

acura_nsx-t_03.jpg

Last edited:
should've bought the IS-F

Should've bought a Lamborghini Aventador

technically speaking wouldn't a traditional manual car almost always lose an automatic ******, esp one with paddle/twin clutch etc? u can see the sti lag when the dude shifts whereas the IS-F had a constant pull going.

EDIT:

View media item 199794

after further review, this interior is :pimp: :pimp:. IS apparently run small so my 6'2 *** may not feel quite at home in this, but this is CLEAN. if only that was a manual gearbox., and maybe have a D shape steering wheel...

Last edited:
That has always been Infinitis philosophy and it's what got them to the ranks with Lexus, BMW, Audi. The G35 had around 260hp in the sedan and 280 in the coupe when the 3-series and C-Class were hovering around 200hp and then the G35 bumped the power close to 300hp a few years later when the 3series and C-Class bumped their power to ~230hp. The IS250 and A4 were still behind at this point with ~200hp but at least Lexus' engine was a V6, which is pretty damn smooth and consistent with it's power delivery, this wasn't noticeable until I drove BMWs turbo4 on a daily basis, the difference is huge in smoothness. The V6 doesn't have the same kick and quickness but man that engine is just built to be so luxurious.

yeah but these IS cars have been out WAYY too long, and they need a whole new series of engines. I mean come on, 200hp and 27mpg? From a v6? Thats just laughable! And do they still have the 6speed transmission? 6 speeds are wayy outdated now.

Da lower da speeds da better it can handle power. Its a trade off though because

It effects gas mileage.

should've bought the IS-F

Should've bought a Lamborghini Aventador

technically speaking wouldn't a traditional manual car almost always lose an automatic ******, esp one with paddle/twin clutch etc? u can see the sti lag when the dude shifts whereas the IS-F had a constant pull going.

These days, dual clutch ******s will kill and out-shift practically any manual ******s out there, no question. I mean dual clutch already pre-selects the next gear and predicts which one you need next and change within a mili-second, it isn't even really fair.

There is just something about shifting your own gears though.

$41,000 for an IS tho? :x

what does that mean?

any new car with options cost money............

a new loaded honda accord sedan will hit for over 30k

Comparing what you can get with da money its pretty stupid.
Exactly, a maxima can reach 40k but that does not mean its worth that proce tag.

To me lexus is a glorified toyota, the only models i am a fan of are the fsports and lfa but to each their own

Why no wood grain? To be honest, this car seems overpriced. I do not understand the hype. :smh:

Ftw I would buy a nice, maintained 1995 e400 w124 for around 6k.
Then I would look forward to spending around 3k in replacing old suspension/steering parts.
Your total will come out around 10k. You would have 2x the car for 30k less.

I put money the e400 would dust any is/gs/ls Lexus that came out in the last 20 years.

i reallly hate when ppl say that

lexus ride does not feel like toyota ride

i have high hopes for lexus and the IS refresh but lets not forget about the a3/s3 sedan.

im waiting on both these cars.

View media item 200217View media item 200221
pics of concept

im sure the new is and a3 sedan would be direct competition also.

I don't think it will be, the IS250 is already in direct competition with the A4.
I think the A3s competition will be the A-Class and 1&2 series. They already got the hatch covered and BMW 1-series sedan is in the works.
View media item 200255View media item 200256View media item 200257

Last edited:
But you still have an almost 20 year outdated car. Yes you can fix it up, and if youre into a classic/older look then thats all you.

The interiors on almost all these new cars coming out are just amazing. Am I the only that doesnt really like wood in my interiors?

i reallly hate when ppl say that

lexus ride does not feel like toyota ride

I never said the ride is the same just that they are manufactured and produced by the same company yet u pay 20k more for a better "ride"

You have a point Picasso, but I honestly feel like the e class aged well. I feel like in 20years the Lexus will be laughable in terms of design, while the mercedes retains its classic look. The interior on the BMW looks nice, but where's the wood? Can someone please tell me why they are not putting wood in these newer cars?

Back
Top Bottom