Most Boring Car of the Week: Lexus IS250

Stupid article to say the least. OP, you agree with it all? Why? This guy talks like Lexus promised him something more than they delivered. Son has no right to complain whatsoever.

Article is actually kinda disgusting to me.... If there's one thing I don't like, it's a grown person that doesn't take responsibility for their actions, and this guy is that. It's one thing to criticise Lexus for making an underperforming car, but it's another thing to complain about yourself buying an underperforming machine that you were fully aware of when you bought it.

Again, disgusting.

Reminds me of this dude in the Cayman forum who bought a new Boxster and didn't notice it had 2000 miles on it a few days later even though the dealership made him sign about a million contracts on what condition the car is in and how many mileage there is before it leaves the lot. Dude also paid $15k in options and didn't even notice the option he wanted wasn't included and wanted to exchange it for a different Boxster a week later. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, the car itself is magnificent, but why no option for manual? Why do I only get 204 hp when BMW for about the same money treats me with 40 extra ponies? Why can't I kick the tail out properly and thoroughly enjoy driving the car?

But the car is 5-6 years old now, when it first came out, the 204hp was just about 20 less than the 328i. It was also on par/had the same power as the A4 and C-Class, only the G35 had an overwhelming power advantage at about 300hp. And no it does not cost the same, the IS250 is full of options while a comparable BMW would cost at least an extra $5k to get the same options.

The IS250 did come with a manual, the IS350 didn't. Not sure if that has all changed now.

You can kick the tail out if you turn off the traction control/VSC all the way off, in the IS250 I believe you have to hold the traction control button until it lights up in the in the dash.

And paying $41k for an IS250? :lol: Should have gotten an IS350 for that price.

Spot on

I only paid $14k for my 08 Acura TL fully loaded. Had only 50k miles on it at the time. Around 60 now.

hope lexus comes out with a 3.0T RWD IS car with manual trans. Otherwise I'll prob go infiniti "Q" (unless it comes out looking like a turd).

Never drove the IS250 but I'd image an underpowered, auto trans sedan would offer pretty stale driving experience

Reminds me of this dude in the Cayman forum who bought a new Boxster and didn't notice it had 2000 miles on it a few days later even though the dealership made him sign about a million contracts on what condition the car is in and how many mileage there is before it leaves the lot. Dude also paid $15k in options and didn't even notice the option he wanted wasn't included and wanted to exchange it for a different Boxster a week later. :lol:

:lol:

The new IS will just have the new front end the GS and LS has. Im want to see the new infinity

wouldnt buy 1 until the redesign but your buying something known for realiablitlty and value over everything else. you cant buy the entry model and espect range topping perfomance thats why i wouldnt buy 1 unless i got a great deal. an evo is pure performance and 3 series lose value quick. all of them have ups and downs.

i think the tradeoff for it only having 204hp is that it's a lexus and can still look good when modified like VIP style. If you want that extra HP get the is350

Don't get me wrong, the car itself is magnificent, but why no option for manual? Why do I only get 204 hp when BMW for about the same money treats me with 40 extra ponies? Why can't I kick the tail out properly and thoroughly enjoy driving the car?

But the car is 5-6 years old now, when it first came out, the 204hp was just about 20 less than the 328i. It was also on par/had the same power as the A4 and C-Class, only the G35 had an overwhelming power advantage at about 300hp. And no it does not cost the same, the IS250 is full of options while a comparable BMW would cost at least an extra $5k to get the same options.

The IS250 did come with a manual, the IS350 didn't. Not sure if that has all changed now.

You can kick the tail out if you turn off the traction control/VSC all the way off, in the IS250 I believe you have to hold the traction control button until it lights up in the in the dash.

And paying $41k for an IS250? :lol: Should have gotten an IS350 for that price.

**** Jay-Z.

Last edited:
The new IS will just have the new front end the GS and LS has. Im want to see the new infinity
New GS looks a lot better in pictures than it does in person. The interior is goddamn amazing but its a little lackluster honestly in the exterior looks. Even the F-Sport version looks eh.

Infiniti*

Am I the only one who hasn't been too excited with Infiniti lately? The G35 was gorgeous and a few years back, they were like Audi, their designs could do no wrong but the G37 coupe looked like a Solara to me and even though their concept cars look incredible, the production cars have been a disappointment. And that name change to Q-everything is just ridiculous.

New GS looks a lot better in pictures than it does in person. The interior is goddamn amazing but its a little lackluster honestly in the exterior looks. Even the F-Sport version looks eh.

I'm on the opposite end, I initially hated the look of the GS in pics and on the commercial but once I saw the GS FSport in person, it looked so much better. I even like the RX FSport though that one is a bit more boring than the GS but it's an SUV so no big deal to me.

I'm not a big fan f big sedans and if I were getting a mid-size sedan, I always though I'd get the XF 3.0 w/o hesitation but if I were actually in a market for one right now, the GS will definitely be on the radar. It's actually beat the 5-series in several tests and that is a big surprise for everyone.

I know its unfair to post modded cars, but G37's done right look beautiful.

I'll take a G37s (4 door or coupe) over any Lexus that isnt an IS-F. An no, LFA doesnt count.
laugh.gif

Lexus is lacking in the coupe department. IS350 doesnt have a manual, and is cramped inside.

Idk bruh, the F-Sport GS looks a little meh in person. I feel like its lacking something, dont know what it is. The interior is gorgeous still, probably one of my favorite interiors in newer cars. Nothing is touching the gran coupe 6 series interior though.

If I wanted a mid sized sedan, and had the funds, no question it would be an A7 though. Personal preference.

Last edited:
I'd consider the A7 a big sedan. The A6 is beautiful though, I'd probably take that over the GS. If Jaguar just priced their new I4 XF cheaper, lower 40s, then it would be a big competitor in the market.

As for the G37, I just don't like the overall silhouette, it's like an extended TT and that back with the built in spoiler that comes chrome stock, just looks bad to me. G35 > G37 for sure. Even my friends who owns 35s were all turned off by the G37, as a matter of fact they all left Infiniti. :lol:

And Lexus isn't lacking in coupes, they do not have any coupes. The ISC doesn't count (it's a convertible), is terribly shaped and the 250 version is even more sluggish than the sedan.

^

Oh excuse me, I meant A6 not A7, A7 is terrible IMO.
laugh.gif

I had a picture of the new A6 with the stock rims painted black, looks amazing.

G35 looks very outdated, particularly the headlights. The tail lights are still one of the best though. And agreed, the IS coupe is terrible, if you are a man and own one you might as well get a sex change.

This article is stupid. How did the guy not know what he was getting into? I don't think there has been a single article that states it's a "fast car." They sell a $41k "slow car" cause they can. Infiniti tried to sell a G25 and dropped it after a year cause their was no interest.

As for those commenting on the next gen, Lexus is not implementing manuals on anything. They are gone and not coming back. Unfortunately the next gen IS will feature the same engine options when released. It won't be until a mid life refresh that they introduced new ones. Rumor has they're going forced induction.

Is the V6 version confirmed? Jay Leno talks about a 306hp engine in this vid so it must be the 350 but it also he also mentioned it has an 8-speed auto, which is somewhat surprising, will likely be for the 250 as well?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom