Most Disappointing Careers In Hip Hop?

Also... Obie Trice...

Obie and Stat are both dope. Was surprised at how good their non-Shady Records albums were. Usually when rappers leave major labels, their production falls off a cliff, so it was good to see that didn't happen to them.

Oh yea Jody Breeze
pimp.gif
. "All  a ***** do is stay fresh, head to my toe girl I'm trying to impress you..."

Naw... Kanye is just on a marriage funk... he'll be fine once he drops that dumb plastic ***** to the curb... most great artists have a lull at some point...

I'd also like to throw Rhymefest's name out that... last i heard he was doing some legit good **** for Chicago... but still, dudes first album was super good...

^You damn right about Rhymefest's 1st album :smokin "Brand New" should've been something really big for him

I know he had some legal issues that hampered him, but I don't think Keith Murray lived up to his artistic potential. The most beautifulist is a good, not great album & then it gets type iffy from there.
Dude is a gifted emcee with a unique style. He just never seemed to put it together into a seminal piece of art.

Last edited:

JT Money's solo career was disappointing.

"Pimping On Wax" was a banger, but nothing memorable after that.
Album was fire.  I remember stealing that from a local record shop when I was younger.

Blood Sweat and Years was decent, had some bangers on it too...

Young Chris 100% Way too dope to be pretty much unknown by the current generation of listeners.

I've heard/read some say "Jay bit Chris' style and that doomed him"
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If he did, we see how successful Jay has been since those Prime Roc-a-fella days, so Chris has the talent. Most underrated in the game IMO.

I honestly believe: In general, Philly Rappers are right up there with NY High School Basketball legends over the last x amount of years.(Excluding Black Thought, and The Fresh Prince) All flare and spark, but just never really pans out. Meek is having the longest run in recent day. We know of Beans legal issues, but rappers like Cassidy, Chris, Asher Roth???

Speaking of Asher Roth, (not racist) but obviously I will compare his success to other "somewhat young" white rappers' respective careers.

His mixtapes were straight then he had a little hit "I love college." A combination of Sounding almost exactly like young em and just falling off, puts him on my list.

Cassidy had the accident, but dude could've and should have been more successful.

Only went through the first couple of pages... so a lot of hits and misses.

Dont see how vets like Jada Fab Beans and Lupe can be mentioned in here. Every rapper has a ceiling.

If you are able to release 5 albums or sustain relevancy and an actual fan base for 10 years how is that a disappointment?

Underachieved is one thing. But disappointment?

I definitely think of folks like Julez Santana, Rich Boy... dudes that got deals, made a great album had a hit or two and then vanished.

Some people never got int o a good situation for whatever reason.... you can write them off as a disappointment too i guess but if nobody believed enough in you to give you another shot then thats kind of telling.

Only went through the first couple of pages... so a lot of hits and misses.

Dont see how vets like Jada Fab Beans and Lupe can be mentioned in here. Every rapper has a ceiling.

If you are able to release 5 albums or sustain relevancy and an actual fan base for 10 years how is that a disappointment?

Underachieved is one thing. But disappointment?

I definitely think of folks like Julez Santana, Rich Boy... dudes that got deals, made a great album had a hit or two and then vanished.

Some people never got int o a good situation for whatever reason.... you can write them off as a disappointment too i guess but if nobody believed enough in you to give you another shot then thats kind of telling.

Lloyd Banks & Jadakiss only got 3 albums worth of material, Banks might got more mixtapes but the majority of those tracks are short as hell, songs that are 1:30 minutes long.

Back
Top Bottom