Most Disappointing Video Game of 2011?

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Don't know if there's already been a thread on this, or if there should've been, but I'm curious to know what games you had high hopes for only see them fall short of expectations. Whether it be because of online issues, or offline lag, whatever the issue is, state a game you're disappointed in.

I may be a prisoner of the moment, but I'm going with NBA 2K12 for my most disappointing game. Online play is looking like 2K11 in the late summer. The logic with offline play is broken and the fact that they took away plenty of on-the-fly menu options that worked well in last year's game is why I'm disappointed in 2KSports this year.
tired.gif
They werent scheduled to have a season when the game was made so they did slip on it

^MK9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MvC 3 and SSF4 (AE)

My list of disappointments for 2011
1) NBA 2k12
2) Gears 3 (not necessarily a bad game, it just became boring fast)
3) Saints Row 3

Originally Posted by syxth element

Mortal Kombat 9 was trash. I loved the older series, as I grew up playing MK-UMK3.
I bought MK9 and played for a week and never touched it again. It received GOTY because IMO a lot of people fell for the hype so they ended up selling a lot of copies. But who still really plays this game? 
you trippy mane.
the reason you think it's trash is because you've only played it for a week. it is so much more involved than the commercials would have you think.

it is the most balanced and enjoyable fighting game ive played in years and that's including: marvel vs capcom, tekken, and street fighter. 

the MK9 community is growing rather than diminishing, with most of the players coming from other fighting games. 

Madden 12 by far

Wonder why people are being so harsh on 2k12 it's a good game I never want to go back to a ea sports basketball game *shutters*
With that being said Madden 12 is terrible, ea sports doesn't even try at this point just roster update add old stuff back into the game and call it new and u have the next year of madden. All types of game play problems, (freezing, Linebackers jumping 12 feet into the air for picks, about the worst commentary ever, they never know what's going on, no halftime show, boring franchise and terrible superstar mode, no arc on ball when throwing short passes.) Madden 12 is just a terrible game these problems are in ever madden so maybe people expect it and don't even complain about it anymore.

BEYOND disappointed in MW3, I play it a little but the maps are just so awful. It's hard to really get into that game
Madden wasn't that good to me, didn't like it this year. Game play was just different. Couldn't run the ball as efficiently as last year
LA Noire was amazing but was mad repetitive. Every case started feeling the same. Got bored about half way in and stopped playing.

Duke Nukem was $5 at Best Buy a few weeks ago, heard the game was awful but still look forward to starting it.

Madden 12, game is straight trash and I did not believe it was possible to get any worst but they proved me wrong with
this one
tired.gif

I'm surprised no one has said NCAA yet. For me, it is definitely between that and MW3. Both are just collecting dust on my shelf at this point. I also haven't purchased or played a few of the games mentioned in this thread, but of the one's that I have, these two are most definitely the worst and NCAA is one of my all time favorite games.

MW3 (lag, hit detection issues)
NBA 2K12 (haven't played it yet, but from the glitches I've seen and heard makes me not want to play it)
L.A. Noire (repetitive as %#$$, I was half expecting it to be better than RDR and GTA4)
Uncharted 3 (great game, but storyline was weak & there is NO replay value.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Every FPS that came out, especially MW3 and BF3.

Agreed.  Resistance 3's MP didn't have much hype but it was terrible.  MW3's MP isn't as bad as most will make it out to be but BF3's is a little better.  The campaign for BF3 was awful IMO.  Didn't pick up off BF2, should have just made it BFBC3.  At least that storyline isn't 8 years old
laugh.gif
.  I'll agree with NCAA12 as well.

NBA 2K12

BEYOND FRUSTRATED WITH THIS PIECE OF ****.

88 moves at the offensives disposal to grease right past you, 4 moves on defense to stop it.
Do one of the 4 defensive moves at the wrong time and you gamble, HARD.
Unreal offensive A.I.
Unreal ball physics.
Unreal canimations.
Telegraphed passes.
....the list goes on and on.....

Deal breaker.

Honorable mention:
LA Noire

Originally Posted by mossman75

Flame me but i thought this game did not live up to the hype

51vcrilxB1L._AA300_.jpg
Oh yeah, and this.  graphics were nice and so was the voice acting/dialogue, but the gameplay was boring and repetitive as hell. 

Originally Posted by DuRag27

NBA 2K12

88 moves at the offensives disposal to grease right past you, 4 moves on defense to stop it.
Unreal offensive A.I.
Unreal ball physics.
Unreal canimations.
Telegraphed passes.

Deal breaker.

Honorable mention:
LA Noire

People nba 2k12 has sliders, working ones (unlike madden 12) if you tweek them it makes a HUGE difference and solves most of people's lack of defense problem. Nearly all these problems can be solved with the sliders.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by mossman75

Flame me but i thought this game did not live up to the hype

51vcrilxB1L._AA300_.jpg
Oh yeah, and this.  graphics were nice and so was the voice acting/dialogue, but the gameplay was boring and repetitive as hell. 
This. The world feels empty and gameplay was really repetitive

Originally Posted by thisizdray

Originally Posted by DuRag27

NBA 2K12

Unreal offensive A.I.
Unreal ball physics.
Unreal canimations.
Telegraphed passes.

Deal breaker.

Honorable mention:
LA Noire

People nba 2k12 has sliders, working ones (unlike madden 12) if you tweek them it makes a HUGE difference and solves most of people's lack of defense problem. Nearly all these problems can be solved with the sliders.
Can you adjust sliders online? smh.

Madden 
2K12

Quite possibly the worst year in sporting game history of all time. Both games are absolute garbage, something to break up bud on. I might not ever buy another Madden or 2K12 ever again unless I hear of MAJOR improvements. 

Back
Top Bottom