Motivational quotes to keep you going.

Originally Posted by justscrap

inspire-others-23.jpg

"A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.

"I never learned to count my blessings, I choose instead to dwell in my disasters… Its the hurt I hide that fuels the fire inside me …Well I looked my demons in the eyes, laid bare my chest, said ‘Do your best, destroy me. You see, I've been to hell and back so many times, I must admit you kind of bore me.

"Your biggest challenge isn't 
someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, 
and the voice inside you that yells "can't", but you don't listen. You 
just push harder. And then you hear that whisper "can". And you 
discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you are"... 

Last edited:
“Nothing will work unless you do.” Maya Angelou

“The Pain You Feel Today, Will Be The Strength You Feel Tomorrow”

“The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.”

“Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."– Albert Einstein

“Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.”

“Good thoughts keep off bad thoughts. They make themselves disappear before the state of realization.”

“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.”

“My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.”

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

“First we make our habits, then our habits make us.”

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”

“Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others.”

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back”

“Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.”

"Every artist was first an amateur".
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action."
Benjamin Disraeli

"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds."
Francis Bacon

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; while others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than before."
Polybius

[COLOR=#red]always been and will always be my favorite thread...[/COLOR]

By Nick Notas

Your ego hurts you more than it helps. Embrace that you’re not perfect (no one is). Take honest looks at yourself, evaluate where you need improvement, and change it. Being prideful and refusing to admit your weaknesses will stunt your personal growth. Your faults are only permanent if you allow them to be.

Successful people fail and get rejected often. In every field, the ones who “make it” have been defeated more than you know. Rarely does anyone just fall into success. Countless authors, inventors, athletes, and entrepreneurs have defied adversity because they refused to give up. Every failure is one step closer to winning.

You can learn something from everyone. Don’t underestimate a person’s value before you’ve given them a fair shot. They may not be knowledgeable in a certain area but could teach you something profound in another. You’ll be surprised at what you can learn if you just listen without judgment.

You are not entitled. Everything worth having takes incredible dedication and effort. Don’t expect handouts and don’t sit around waiting for good things to happen. Make the most out of every situation: work hard and you’ll reap the rewards. You’ll only get out of life what you put into it.

A relationship will not fix your problems. If you’re unhappy, don’t expect another person to change that. Often, you’ll only end up spilling those problems onto them. Make sure you’re content with who you are before trying repair it through someone else. The only one who can determine your happiness is you.

Anger is toxic. Holding grudges and harboring negativity is destructive to you and those around you. Your resentment is a result of your inability to channel emotions correctly and is a weakness of character. Siddhartha said, “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Release your anger and stop wasting your time on anything except forward motion.

Stressing out is worthless. No matter what the situation, getting worked up and worrying will not solve anything. Whether you’re in the midst of a hectic week or dreading a looming deadline, always take the time to calm yourself. You’ll think more clearly and logically when **** goes down. Be prepared for obstacles along the way and most importantly, don’t sweat the small stuff.

Some friendships aren’t meant to be. People change. The friends you had in high school may not be your friends later in life. Also, in the path of bettering yourself,remove negative influences from your world. Realize it early on and save yourself a lot of problems.

Your word is your bond. You can be honest 99% of the time but that 1% will discredit everything you’ve worked for. Gaining back someone’s trust is extremely difficult – so don’t break it in the first place. Nietzsche brilliantly said, “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”

You can’t change other people. You can only change yourself. This was a difficult one for me to learn. You may influence people but in the end, it’s them making the decisions to evolve. Your energy is better spent on fixing you rather than trying to play doctor or “save” everyone else (especially in a relationship).

Living in fear of judgment leads to misery. People think a lot less about you than you believe they do. Stop caring about looking stupid or saying the wrong thing. If you constantly try to mold yourself to others, you will never be congruent to who you actually are. This is a never-ending cycle of unhappiness.

By Nick Notas
Your ego hurts you more than it helps. Embrace that you’re not perfect (no one is). Take honest looks at yourself, evaluate where you need improvement, and change it. Being prideful and refusing to admit your weaknesses will stunt your personal growth. Your faults are only permanent if you allow them to be.
Successful people fail and get rejected often. In every field, the ones who “make it” have been defeated more than you know. Rarely does anyone just fall into success. Countless authors, inventors, athletes, and entrepreneurs have defied adversity because they refused to give up. Every failure is one step closer to winning.
You can learn something from everyone. Don’t underestimate a person’s value before you’ve given them a fair shot. They may not be knowledgeable in a certain area but could teach you something profound in another. You’ll be surprised at what you can learn if you just listen without judgment.
You are not entitled. Everything worth having takes incredible dedication and effort. Don’t expect handouts and don’t sit around waiting for good things to happen. Make the most out of every situation: work hard and you’ll reap the rewards. You’ll only get out of life what you put into it.
A relationship will not fix your problems. If you’re unhappy, don’t expect another person to change that. Often, you’ll only end up spilling those problems onto them. Make sure you’re content with who you are before trying repair it through someone else. The only one who can determine your happiness is you.
Anger is toxic. Holding grudges and harboring negativity is destructive to you and those around you. Your resentment is a result of your inability to channel emotions correctly and is a weakness of character. Siddhartha said, “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Release your anger and stop wasting your time on anything except forward motion.
Stressing out is worthless. No matter what the situation, getting worked up and worrying will not solve anything. Whether you’re in the midst of a hectic week or dreading a looming deadline, always take the time to calm yourself. You’ll think more clearly and logically when **** goes down. Be prepared for obstacles along the way and most importantly, don’t sweat the small stuff.
Some friendships aren’t meant to be. People change. The friends you had in high school may not be your friends later in life. Also, in the path of bettering yourself,remove negative influences from your world. Realize it early on and save yourself a lot of problems.
Your word is your bond. You can be honest 99% of the time but that 1% will discredit everything you’ve worked for. Gaining back someone’s trust is extremely difficult – so don’t break it in the first place. Nietzsche brilliantly said, “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
You can’t change other people. You can only change yourself. This was a difficult one for me to learn. You may influence people but in the end, it’s them making the decisions to evolve. Your energy is better spent on fixing you rather than trying to play doctor or “save” everyone else (especially in a relationship).
Living in fear of judgment leads to misery. People think a lot less about you than you believe they do. Stop caring about looking stupid or saying the wrong thing. If you constantly try to mold yourself to others, you will never be congruent to who you actually are. This is a never-ending cycle of unhappiness.

this honestly touched my life deeply.....i recommend not to overlook the above post and to sit back read.

By Nick Notas

that was truely incredible

Back
Top Bottom