Move in Weekend, What to do? / Dorming

So if you dont know i commuted my freshman year of college, biggest mistake of my life so far, IDS at all.

But im staying on campus now and i need to know what goes down on move in weekend. My move in date is the 14th.

So can yall tell me what your experiences were like

*sidenote* I want to bring my 32" HDTV but my dorm is on the 9th floor, is that an issue?
EDIT: for clarification there is an elevator

the tv shouldnt be a problem, don't most dorms have elevators?

keep your door open and just be friendly and outgoing, try and meet everyone

i got in trouble first night in the dorms because i through a party and invited the RAs in because i didn't know who they were yet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

So if you dont know i commuted my freshman year of college, biggest mistake of my life so far, IDS at all.

But im staying on campus now and i need to know what goes down on move in weekend. My move in date is the 14th.

*sidenote* I want to bring my 32" HDTV but my dorm is on the 9th floor, is that an issue?

32" is big but since dorms have elevators it won't be a problem.

What I remember from move in day freshman year:
-RA held a floor meeting on the first day. We introduced ourselves and learned the rules.
-People made friends but the floor divided into cliques rather quickly.
-One particular girl had sex with four different guys on the floor in one weekend.
-People are more open to make friends the first weekend because they don't know anyone.
-Don't come off as needy.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

-RA held a floor meeting on the first day. We introduced ourselves and learned the rules.
-One particular girl had sex with four different guys on the floor in one weekend.
-People are more open to make friends the first weekend because they don't know anyone.

that sounds about right

just be friendly, make lots of friends when you get there...it's so easy to make friends at first.

Take the TV pimp. It's a good way too get broads over to the crib. Look out for this one chick named Arica Owens
nerd.gif

Move in week is good times because you get to scope out the semester's victims. Ya'll down town in the A so all you gotta do is find a few prospects,show em the city, and take em back to the dorms.

It's so easy to meet people...just chill with that dudes in your dorm. Between all of you, somebody will know of a party or something to do

Learn who are the RA's that should be your first priority so you know who to avoid.

-Don't come of as needy or cocky. Just be yourself.
-Bring eye drops if your gonna burn. Some RA's are snitches real talk.
-Be friendly to the security people. They can help you out in the future.
-Do not underestimate people, that guy that you were grilling as you were walking up the stairs may become your best friend. It happened to me.
-Everyone is friendly the first week. If you see a hot girl become friends with her.
-Offer a girl to help her move in and she'll be your friend for the semester.
-The first parties are also cool. You get to see who chills with who and who is an upperclassman.
-Frats especially white frats(Not trying to bash on white frats) will look for potential pledgees, stay away from them.
The corniest frats are always the neediest. If you want to join a frat explore all your options so you don't regret it down the line.

I always used the "Hey if your not doing anything later, me and my roommates are having a get together let me get your number so I can tell you when tocome through."

It has never failed me yet.

After the initial move in, people do separate into cliques but it's great to talk to people to see what they're about.

Move-In weekend can't come soon enough. I can't wait to mess with all the freshman. I'm gonna go into every room and say I'm the RA looking forcocaine.

The most important advice: Be yourself. I guarantee the friends you make the first week will be the ones you hang out with the whole semester.

Whodat @ crabtree? Bra you stayin in the commons or suites? Not that I know the difference. All that !!*% is ballin..

Real rap, Augusta State's move in weekend is next Friday. If you wanna catch a glimpse of another schoo and what move in is like all at oncel, you shouldroll through. Over here, there's a thing called First Friday and the whole down town area goes crazy... coincidentally, August's First Friday is alsomove in day. It's going to be ridiculous. My home boys tombout helping these broads move in, kick it with em for a bit, then invite them down town towelcome them to Augusta.

Just know everybody you see at the dorms. Introduce yourself and share your interests with them.
If you have any roommates or suitemates, talk to them.
Attend the first RA meeting. From my experience, The RAs will discuss keeping rooms clean, curfew, and smoking and drinking policies.

I'm usually a first floor guy in the dorms, and the dorms at my school do not have elevators.

Also take whatever you need to bring to the dorms.

bra u like 10 mins from home.
dont bring all ur clothes\shoes. @$+%@% shiesty @ fvsu but i still wouldnt put $%@% past dudes at state.
dont let everybody know what you got in your room..
how many roommates u got? bathrooms?
you're downtown so its food everywhere but stock up on microwaveables.. noodles... late night snacks are necessary.

Originally Posted by tramond

bra u like 10 mins from home.
dont bring all ur clothes\shoes. @$+%@% shiesty @ fvsu but i still wouldnt put $%@% past dudes at state.
dont let everybody know what you got in your room..
how many roommates u got? bathrooms?
you're downtown so its food everywhere but stock up on microwaveables.. noodles... late night snacks are necessary.
i got one roommate and all the dorms got they own bathroom and kitchen

o yea im staying in the Lofts/suites. I aint got that commons money

cool. do work. i still need a lil filipino chick lol make that happen. if not then any asian chick will do lol..

Originally Posted by tramond

cool. do work. i still need a lil filipino chick lol make that happen. if not then any asian chick will do lol..
i got you bruh lol, but some of these chicks up here be thinking they be to good for a black dude

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Very on point.

First 3 weeks,
pimp.gif

Just make sure you get out during that first 3 weeks.

Or else you fail at life.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

i got in trouble first night in the dorms because i through a party and invited the RAs in because i didn't know who they were yet
laugh.gif

roll.gif
sounds like something I would do.

My dude is going to Ga state in the fall I go to Jackson state and im from atlanta I tried to convince him to stay on campus but he insists on living offcampus. He's 23 and campus would seem kinda corny but he has never experienced the college life dude went from high school to making 26 an hour an just gotlayed off due to this messed up economy FTL. but yeah dude just be yourself meet people get in good wit those RA'S i been caught sneaking chicks to my roomALOT but i was cleared cuz i was cool wit the RA'S but find the PARTIES but dont become a party head you there for school some people dont understand that.some of these dudes on NT giving you real good advice take it in stride word to "TRACK RUNNERS" I run BTW!! but im takin my other home boy to albanystate next weekend me and his older brother imma give him the heads up the entire way down there but good luck my dude have fun and stay focused!!

a tv is unneeded.. people you dont even know or do know will want to use it or just hang out in. its a unneeded hassle.

instead go with a tv tuner card on your pc or laptop and save some space

Back
Top Bottom