Move in Weekend, What to do? / Dorming

Lazy B covered everything as far as I can remember. If your dorm as an elevator, I'd say the TV wouldn't be a problem...but if it doesnt...lulz.

Real talk, just put yourself out there and mingle with the incoming students. Some of my best friends now are people I met my first week of college. Be activesocially!

You can generally fit a 32 inch tv in a dorm. A LOT of people have TV's...at least where I was. On the other hand, a lot of people just used theircomputers.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

So if you dont know i commuted my freshman year of college, biggest mistake of my life so far, IDS at all.

But im staying on campus now and i need to know what goes down on move in weekend. My move in date is the 14th.

So can yall tell me what your experiences were like

*sidenote* I want to bring my 32" HDTV but my dorm is on the 9th floor, is that an issue?
EDIT: for clarification there is an elevator

I don't know of dorms without an elevator.

Bout to move in Thursday
pimp.gif
, but this financial aid situation stressing me out man
smh.gif

Bout to move in Thursday
pimp.gif
smh.gif

How much of the tuition is covered? Financial aid always has emergency money on standby for students so if something isn't right or you need more money(3k), your best bet is to write an e-mail detailing your needs while being as professional and sincere as possible. It worked for me. I got an additional grantbecause my brother is going to school as well this year.

Don't sit in your room all day.

Or if you do, chill w/ the door open.

I met mad people my first weekend in the halls cause they were like listening to something I liked w/ the door open or playing madden or some @@%!.

But honestly, move in weekend, you should only be in your room when you sleep.

Other than that, get your !+$ out and about before classes start.

Oh how I miss College
frown.gif

- Don't flaunt your valuables too much, like shoes, tv, video games and what not cuz some people are hungry and will rob you even if you in the same dorm.

- buy some rubbers, (
laugh.gif
they just handed them out my freshman year at Howard)

- if you don't have a whip, go grocery shopping cuz cafeteria food will get old

- is your dorm co-ed? if so be nice to the ladies, help them move their stuff in. way to get your foot in the door

- lock your room door anytime you leave

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Bout to move in Thursday
pimp.gif
smh.gif

How much of the tuition is covered? Financial aid always has emergency money on standby for students so if something isn't right or you need more money (3k), your best bet is to write an e-mail detailing your needs while being as professional and sincere as possible. It worked for me. I got an additional grant because my brother is going to school as well this year.
I sent them a sincere email like on the 7th but their email stated that they might not respond until 7 days from the email and everything has tobe paid for by the 14th.

My scholarship pays for tuition but not the mandatory $600 fee or the other fees such as room and board

Originally Posted by tramond

bra u like 10 mins from home.
dont bring all ur clothes\shoes. @$+%@% shiesty @ fvsu but i still wouldnt put $%@% past dudes at state.
dont let everybody know what you got in your room..
how many roommates u got? bathrooms?
you're downtown so its food everywhere but stock up on microwaveables.. noodles... late night snacks are necessary.
i got one roommate and all the dorms got they own bathroom and kitchen

o yea im staying in the Lofts/suites. I aint got that commons money
pimp.gif
Im going to Georgia State too.......Im staying in theFreshmen Hall though
ohwell.gif

You move your stuff into the dorms and then hang out until classes start. Try to make some new friends and try not to get into any trouble.

Originally Posted by FlightClub23

dont bring all ur clothes\shoes. @$+%@% shiesty @ fvsu but i still wouldnt put $%@% past dudes at state.
you're downtown so its food everywhere but stock up on microwaveables.. noodles... late night snacks are necessary.

pimp.gif
Im going to Georgia State too.......Im staying in the Freshmen Hall though
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
at how the Freshmen Hall looks. You should have stayed in the lofts or commons, they are apartment style and each room has their own bathroom,kitchen, and living room.

If anything I got more +$# by NOT staying on campus. I had my own %+@!...distanced me from every other dude on campus and made chicks WANT to come throughcause everything they did wouldn't be all out in the open

So if you dont know i commuted my freshman year of college, biggest mistake of my life so far, IDS at all.

But im staying on campus now and i need to know what goes down on move in weekend. My move in date is the 14th.

So can yall tell me what your experiences were like

*sidenote* I want to bring my 32" HDTV but my dorm is on the 9th floor, is that an issue?
EDIT: for clarification there is an elevator
man, im $%^&#%, my dads making me commute
smh.gif

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
at how the Freshmen Hall looks. You should have stayed in the lofts or commons, they are apartment style and each room has their own bathroom, kitchen, and living room.

Yea I kno but Im rooming with a homie thats basically family to me so we dont really mind being in one room for the first year
and we only share our bathroom with one other person (its not a community bathroom type thing, thankfully) and it comes with
a dining hall on the first floor which is ALL YOU CAN EAT
laugh.gif
so its notthat bad......

And plus, it gives us a chance to get to kno pretty much everybody we will be spending our next four years with and it saves money
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
at how the Freshmen Hall looks. You should have stayed in the lofts or commons, they are apartment style and each room has their own bathroom, kitchen, and living room.

Yea I kno but Im rooming with a homie thats basically family to me so we dont really mind being in one room for the first year
and we only share our bathroom with one other person (its not a community bathroom type thing, thankfully) and it comes with
a dining hall on the first floor which is ALL YOU CAN EAT
laugh.gif
so its not that bad......

And plus, it gives us a chance to get to kno pretty much everybody we will be spending our next four years with and it saves money
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i feel ya fam

Just don't follow girls around at a distance while they're talking with cute guys and you'll be fine.

I'm working in GSU's freshman hall. They look boo boo. IMO the lofts is the place to be. I've lived in the commons for the past two years.They're nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom