MOVIE HEADS- best use of music/sound in a movie vol. no it's not slumdog

dark-knight-poster-rules.jpg

I don't think it's no 1. but the music fits the movie GREAT.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

great post!�

For music, my favorite score in a movie is in On the Waterfront.� INTENSE

For sound, HEAT has the best but only during the bank robbery scene does it get noticed.� But another great one for sound is the movie No Country for Old Men.� There is not music in the movie that I know of so every sound effect is very intense and realistic.

only saw on the waterfront once, don't remember the music at all might just have to re-watch it. Movie is a CLASSIC.

and yeah sound wise, Heat is up there. I liked the use of sound in the shining alot to. It's hard to pinpoint what's special about it but it makes themovie all types of crazy, especially towards the end.

Hey_

Scores:
Requiem for a Dream
The Fountain
The Fifth Element (people are gonna disagree with me on this, I just really liked Eric Serra's contribution)
Blade Runner
The Dark Knight/Batman Begins

Sidenote: If you like orchestral stuff, check out E.S. Posthumus/Two Steps From Hell/Globus

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by Punchi05

5081693a2a70efc643f3dbdb9f9e8245b1744047.jpg

Came in here just to say that.

Wonnnt lettt a junkie go freeee......
pimp.gif

Also
Star Wars
Saw 1 made great executions of when to rise the tension with music.
Nightmare before Chirstmas
High Tension

Originally Posted by chris steez

58watchmen20adgiantpl2.jpg

or am i reaching?
I thought the music was horrible in watchmen except for prophecies which is orgionally from koyaanisqatsi, and the times are a changing by bobdylan in the intro. Watchmen needed a dark, foreboding,dreary score that would create tension up until the ending. the music helped ruin the movie for me.sounds of silence was horribly placed, hallelujah was misused, having all along the watchtower blaring when they reach veidt's watchtower was tacky ashell. Very dissapointing imo.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bonus- anyone who knows this movie gets a check plus, prob should be number 1. Philip glass did the score
d2815ae689f760080b1254728857034643fef3b.jpg

Oh man... first day of my film class the professor played this movie for us. Kids were freaking out ready to drop the class off this one movie alone.

Definitely separated the kids who wanted to discuss film and those who just wanted to watch movies and get an easy A.

A lot of good choices in here, my number 1 off the top of my head is probably The Graduate.
same thing happened to me. First day we get shown this movie and everyone started freaking out. The funny thing is, the class wasn't cinemarelated. It was a communications class.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Koyaanisqatsi is wild but I'm going to go with Dazed and Confused.
Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

2001: A Space Odyssey was the weirdest movie I've ever seen. The 45 minutes at the end when he's just flyin though space wit all those different colors is time that I'll never get back.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
That's because you weren't listening to Dark Side of the Moon at the same time.
Yea i think your suppose to be high.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by chris steez

58watchmen20adgiantpl2.jpg

or am i reaching?
I thought the music was horrible in watchmen except for prophecies which is orgionally from koyaanisqatsi, and the times are a changing by bob dylan in the intro. Watchmen needed a dark, foreboding,dreary score that would create tension up until the ending. the music helped ruin the movie for me. sounds of silence was horribly placed, hallelujah was misused, having all along the watchtower blaring when they reach veidt's watchtower was tacky as hell. Very dissapointing imo.
tired.gif
The Hendrix choice I thought was great. Especially if you read the comic, at the end of the chapter they use "two riders wereapproaching..." so, I thought it fit perfectly. But the Leonard Cohen song and 99 Luft Balloons...not so much.

Back
Top Bottom