MOVIE HEADS- best use of music/sound in a movie vol. no it's not slumdog

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Koyaanisqatsi is wild but I'm going to go with Dazed and Confused.
Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

2001: A Space Odyssey was the weirdest movie I've ever seen. The 45 minutes at the end when he's just flyin though space wit all those different colors is time that I'll never get back.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
That's because you weren't listening to Dark Side of the Moon at the same time.
Yea i think your suppose to be high.
you don't have to be high, but it sure does help. I've seen it like 7 times, it's diff every single time.

Don't shroom by yourself and watch this though, I lost my mind for a little while no joke. Felt real insignificant.

Hey_

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by chris steez

58watchmen20adgiantpl2.jpg

or am i reaching?
I thought the music was horrible in watchmen except for prophecies which is orgionally from koyaanisqatsi, and the times are a changing by bob dylan in the intro. Watchmen needed a dark, foreboding,dreary score that would create tension up until the ending. the music helped ruin the movie for me. sounds of silence was horribly placed, hallelujah was misused, having all along the watchtower blaring when they reach veidt's watchtower was tacky as hell. Very dissapointing imo.
tired.gif

Agree wholeheartedly.

Damn shame using Hallelujah like that.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Saw 1 made great executions of when to rise the tension with music.
good #$%!! at the end, when it all came together, that music just made it
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Cant believe (dont think anyone did anyway) no one mentioned Blow. That movie's music is executed perfectly. Also anything Tarantino puts out. Man OnFire although not really popular music, def. nails the emotions with the scenes + music. Heard Still Dre a thousand times before I saw Training Day, howeverwhen the instrumentals play as they "are in the office"
pimp.gif
Thats all i can think of off top of my head, sure there is more.

gardenstate.jpg

Movie was definitely overrated, but the music saved it IMO. Zach Braff does a great job picking out music for Scrubs too.

the Kill Bill movies by far has the most perfectly executed soundtrack. Most Tarantino flicks have a dope soundtrack. But if you dudes don't know who EnnioMorricone and Luis Bacalov are and are ignorant to there work in the spaghetti westerns then you don't know movie music

Movies with good soundtracks:

Blow
Forrest Gump
Goodfellas
The Girl Next Door
Dazed and Confused
Garden State
Purple Rain
Pulp Fiction

anything Tarantino
Star Wars trilogy
There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson in general)
Godfather 1 and 2
Sergio Leone Westerns (Once Upon A Time In The West, Good the Bad the Ugly trilogy) - prob the GOAT
Forrest Gump
most Scorscese
Disney animated films

a lot more I can't think of right now

Back
Top Bottom