MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

I'm interested in what Regal's going to do

200.gif

For the fourth time

AMC Theaters Is Getting Its Own Streaming Service

AMC Theaters has announced it will launch a streaming subscription service to house, rent, and sell its 2,000 films, including newly released movies from Disney, Paramount, Universal, Sony, and Warner Bros.

AMC’s upcoming service, AMC Theaters on Demand, is set to charge $10 USD to $20 USD to buy a film and somewhere between $3 USD and $6 USD to rent them. The offer will come as part of AMC’s Stub A-List, which allows users to watch three movies a week for $20 USD. The announcement comes almost less than a month before Disney+ enters the streaming wars.

According to Gizmodo, AMC’s chief content officer Elizabeth Frank offered an example of how the service may work, stating users who bought a ticket to The Lion King, for example, “will all get a personalized message from AMC saying that they can now enjoy it at home through AMC Theaters On Demand” when the film is released digitally.

I saw that when I went to buy tickets for Zombieland last week.

That's why they pushed back against Netflix with The Irishman.

Saw the AMC On Demand the other day. Went browsing on the app, and the movies for rental/purchase were there, but prices weren't. I was interested to seeing what the prices were, but didn't want to wind up paying full price for a movie that's not worth it by mistake.

I wonder if cinemark got something yet

Yeah, it's wack though

Such a great idea but horrible execution.

In the beginning it was great, wish I saw even more movies on their dime.

I wish I joined earlier. It was one of those that seems too good to be true, so it can't be true. So I should have joined about three or four months earlier. I had to wait until I verified with people I knew it was legit and the stuff that was happening at the end wasn't going to be happening at the beginning.

Yeah, it's wack though

I wish I joined earlier. It was one of those that seems too good to be true, so it can't be true. So I should have joined about three or four months earlier. I had to wait until I verified with people I knew it was legit and the stuff that was happening at the end wasn't going to be happening at the beginning.
I think I got in when it was pretty brand new

I know they were quoting turn around time of about four weeks to get the card in the mail

I went to a small local non profit theatre close to me to see IT because moviepass had it listed as a place that accepts it and nobody there had ever heard of it but they tried to make it work anyways

let me in anyways and when I came out for my second beer they said they got it to work

I didn't have my moviepasses for too long because once my third was born I didn't really have the ability to go so I cancelled it which was a bit of a fiasco

regals also in trouble but iirc amc is more prone to it because they expended a bit too much the past decade or so and in a pretty much dying format

they were already losing money the past few years and they have the least flexibility not to mention no one knows how many people are gon’ rush to the theaters even after things open back up

it is insane to think that despite disneys multi-billion movie year the past few years that the the business is struggling, theyre pretty much the only company keeping them afloat

I hope Regal is at least able to hang on when theaters eventually reopen either late this year to early 21'. I realize people aren't flocking to movies like that anymore besides marvel flicks and few others here and there.

I honestly think theaters are not going to be around soon due to the popularity of the in home movie streaming that just started.

Back
Top Bottom