Moving to a new country/state while young Vol. change of scenery

As i'm getting older, i've realized that all i want to do with my life is travel. I feel like i want to live in different places (different states, but also different countries ), but i also would eventually like to settle down.

After graduating college (in May), i'm thinking about moving to somewhere like Japan for a couple years to just work/live/experience something completely different.

I know i'll always come back to Miami (family + i consider it home base), but i want to move around while i still can (before i getmarried and start a family).

Has anyone bit the bullet and made a big move just for a change? Or moved to a different country for school/work/internship?

As i'm getting older, i've realized that all i want to do with my life is travel. I feel like i want to live in different places (different states, but also different countries ), but i also would eventually like to settle down.

After graduating college (in May), i'm thinking about moving to somewhere like Japan for a couple years to just work/live/experience something completely different.

I know i'll always come back to Miami (family + i consider it home base), but i want to move around while i still can (before i getmarried and start a family).

Has anyone bit the bullet and made a big move just for a change? Or moved to a different country for school/work/internship?

Glad I did it ...truthfully did it before college (until 24), and it truly made me a better person.

See, you can be whoever you want in your hometown because you know what they expect

what's cool what's not.

But when you out of town you really have to learn to communicate and be respectful of everyone.

Because politics in your "gated-community" might not be the same in another city, state, or country.

It's make you respect everyone's perspective, something that's New Yorker's lack.

Hawaii, Virginia, D.C., Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Ohio,

Just a few places I traveled and lived for weeks, month's, years.
pimp.gif

Glad I did it ...truthfully did it before college (until 24), and it truly made me a better person.

See, you can be whoever you want in your hometown because you know what they expect

what's cool what's not.

But when you out of town you really have to learn to communicate and be respectful of everyone.

Because politics in your "gated-community" might not be the same in another city, state, or country.

It's make you respect everyone's perspective, something that's New Yorker's lack.

Hawaii, Virginia, D.C., Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Ohio,

Just a few places I traveled and lived for weeks, month's, years.
pimp.gif

Its what I need right now. Even if its just somewhere else in the state.

I would really love to own some property in someplace like Krakow or Split, Croatia, especially Split (looks gorgeous). I would love to have the ability to disappear for a few weeks to some condo or something.

Its what I need right now. Even if its just somewhere else in the state.

I would really love to own some property in someplace like Krakow or Split, Croatia, especially Split (looks gorgeous). I would love to have the ability to disappear for a few weeks to some condo or something.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

From London, and hopefully moving to Hawaii next Fall for school.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

From London, and hopefully moving to Hawaii next Fall for school.

I moved from Zimbabwe to Australia for University, after that I stayed in Melbourne, Australia for a couple more years getting some work experience. I also spent alot of time travelling throughout Asia and New Zealand for work and pleasure.

I then moved to London for a while (for work) and am now back in Melbourne, Australia. I bought a property here now but am thinking of renting it out to cover my mortgage and move back to London again.

I am 30 by the way. Best thing about living in London is the ease at going away to another country for the weekend, it's a blast. I used to go to Paris for a weekend, or Greece, or Spain great times.

I highly recommend spreading your wings and discovering the world.

I moved from Zimbabwe to Australia for University, after that I stayed in Melbourne, Australia for a couple more years getting some work experience. I also spent alot of time travelling throughout Asia and New Zealand for work and pleasure.

I then moved to London for a while (for work) and am now back in Melbourne, Australia. I bought a property here now but am thinking of renting it out to cover my mortgage and move back to London again.

I am 30 by the way. Best thing about living in London is the ease at going away to another country for the weekend, it's a blast. I used to go to Paris for a weekend, or Greece, or Spain great times.

I highly recommend spreading your wings and discovering the world.

Move to South Africa, Ethiopia, Thailand, India... Something wild, something totally out of your comfort zone. That is a real change of scenery.

Japan is pretty westernized, how much of a change can that be from America?

Move to South Africa, Ethiopia, Thailand, India... Something wild, something totally out of your comfort zone. That is a real change of scenery.

Japan is pretty westernized, how much of a change can that be from America?

One of my friend's moved to Japan to be with his foreign exchange girlfriend (it's a real novella), and he loves it. As for myself, I'm moving out to California in two years; can't do cold weather anymore.

One of my friend's moved to Japan to be with his foreign exchange girlfriend (it's a real novella), and he loves it. As for myself, I'm moving out to California in two years; can't do cold weather anymore.

I just recently moved out here to Ohio for the Air Force... all the way from So Cal. The weather takes time to get used to, but I'm actually enjoying the atmosphere and the experience so far.

Don't get me wrong, I do miss home at times, but it has been much better than I anticipated.

I just recently moved out here to Ohio for the Air Force... all the way from So Cal. The weather takes time to get used to, but I'm actually enjoying the atmosphere and the experience so far.

Don't get me wrong, I do miss home at times, but it has been much better than I anticipated.

yea man do that working on moving out of this hell hole

make sure it benefits u in some kind of way though

yea man do that working on moving out of this hell hole

make sure it benefits u in some kind of way though

you just now finishing college? I thought you were older than that....

but uhm, I did a semester abroad--which was nice. I told myself I wanted to do the teaching abroad thing, but now I think I'm just content with traveling in the summer. But I've moved all over, grew up in LA, school in DC and now I live in TX.

you just now finishing college? I thought you were older than that....

but uhm, I did a semester abroad--which was nice. I told myself I wanted to do the teaching abroad thing, but now I think I'm just content with traveling in the summer. But I've moved all over, grew up in LA, school in DC and now I live in TX.

I'm from the South, I'm moving to the east-coast because of work.

I interned on Wall Street and will work there full-time starting this summer, so obviously I have to relocate to NYC.

It was tough at first. NYC is 10x faster then any southern city I've lived in. The people are a bit ruder, but I got used to it and I love it.
It's a lot easier to relocate when you are forced too and when you have an established network of people. I knew some people from my city who would be working on the street so I had a few friends going into my internship. Also, the network I established as an intern is fairly strong so I should be good to go as a FT employee.
pimp.gif

I think the hardest move for me was the move to college. Going from having numerous friends to having 0 friends is a terrible feeling. You basically have to start from square one. The good news is, you can reinvent yourself in your new location
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom