My Asian NT'ers: I Have Some Questions. re: Health/Nutrition

Originally Posted by goukiteg

My Long Beach Asian folks know what I'm talking about.
I'm not Asian, but I am in Long Beach.

Where should I go eat some good grub? I guess I should ask what Country you or your family originate from. Asian food in LB is pretty limited to Thai and Cambodian, although i'm not complaining
laugh.gif
Siem Reap, that other Cambodian spot behind Poly Burgers next to the high school (La Lune?) and Long Beach Thai hold it down, unless you got some other spots I'm unaware of
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

I'm filipino american.

1.  I ate a lot of white rice growing up.  But these days I eat more brown rice and whole grain bread.  I still eat white rice sometimes. 

2. We're about as westernized with this aspect as it gets.  I think a big part of it is because my family is overloaded with people in the medical field.  We're up the wazoo with doctors, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physician assistants in my family.  I'm in the field myself. 
laugh.gif
  All my cousins are studying to be doctors.  It just doesn't stop. 

3. My country, I don't think is very health conscious.  Filipino food is bad for you.  And eating in portions and watching what we eat is a foreign thing in filipino culture.  The motto is to finish everything on our plate even if it's enough for two people
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Where should I go eat some good grub? I guess I should ask what Country you or your family originate from. Asian food in LB is pretty limited to Thai and Cambodian, although i'm not complaining
laugh.gif
Siem Reap, that other Cambodian spot behind Poly Burgers next to the high school (La Lune?) and Long Beach Thai hold it down, unless you got some other spots I'm unaware of
smokin.gif
nerd.gif
Siem Reap has some of the best Cambodia food you'll find, but its pricey for what it is.

La Lune is ok.

New Paradise sucks.

Crystal's on 10th and Orange is great. They have the best Banh Xeo (though the food is originally Vietnamese).

Pho Hong Phat on Redondo and Anaheim has the best Pho in the Long Beach area, but I hate the wait.

Hit up Long Beach Thai for the best Thai food in town. They the best BBQ Duck Stew I have every had.

Ugh coining..... Cambodians, or at least my family, love that stuff. Painful childhood memories right there haha. And i used that monkey balm stuff growing up as well, it was always a hassle for me to open it if i didn't have nails.

Seriously, dating an Asian woman really opens your eyes to a lot of healthy things that you never knew before.

Originally Posted by aaronjina

Ugh coining..... Cambodians, or at least my family, love that stuff. Painful childhood memories right there haha. And i used that monkey balm stuff growing up as well, it was always a hassle for me to open it if i didn't have nails.

laugh.gif
my grandma was relentless with the coining. i had red marks for days

Why not eat rice with a fork though? I'm fluent (lol) with chopsticks and spoons of course, but I don't mind eating with a fork.

Rice is pretty much a staple food in my household.

And I love me some Filipino food. Adobo
eek.gif
oh my god!

Spoiler [+]
I'm white if it matters...
grin.gif

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
nerd.gif
Siem Reap has some of the best Cambodia food you'll find, but its pricey for what it is.

La Lune is ok.

New Paradise sucks.

Crystal's on 10th and Orange is great. They have the best Banh Xeo (though the food is originally Vietnamese).

Pho Hong Phat on Redondo and Anaheim has the best Pho in the Long Beach area, but I hate the wait.

Hit up Long Beach Thai for the best Thai food in town. They the best BBQ Duck Stew I have every had.
how you not gon mention sophys thai and cambodian resturant?
pimp.gif

lee's sandwiches is good too

Indian-American. Not exactly what people think of when they hear "Asian"

1. Indians eat a lot of rice and bread. My family has always eaten basmati rice, which isn't white rice. So they still consume it like they did before.
2. For colds and sore throats, we drink milk boiled with turmeric or milk and honey. We put oil in our hair for scalp health. Fathers get massages regularly.
3. Indians kind of care. Those that live in towns usually haven't tasted western food yet. Those that live in cities, especially teenagers, tend to love pizza hut and the like. I wouldn't say India is a health-conscious country. They hate doctors too. Only unless it's absolutely crucial will they go see one.

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

La Lune is ok.

New Paradise sucks.

how you not gon mention sophys thai and cambodian resturant?
pimp.gif

lee's sandwiches is good too
Because Sophy's isn't that good

And for sandwiches I'd rather go to Lily's

wow, this thread is 2 years old?
eek.gif
 I remember when DC made this topic because i had a reply typed out and couldn't send it because we had a power outage in my office 
laugh.gif

headaches? sores? colds?

here's what i use, works for literally everything

Spoiler [+]
vagisil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom