My Chicago experience.

pimp.gif
That snow bunny

Im going down to Chicago for the college newspaper convention in Oct.
Haven't been to Chicago since I was 9. Can't wait.

Tourists should rock with Harolds, Giordanos, Chi-Tung for some good eats.

Originally Posted by TMSO

Dont know what Chi-Tung is...but this guy hit it on the head.

Also check out Lou Malnatti's on the northside.

Oh and just an fyi, you HAVE to get your Harold's from the southside (sorry), but the one downtown is HORRIBLE. I say you go to the one on 35th and King...still the hood, but its the low end, so its the better hood kinda lol.
but that way you get to drive right by the White Sox stadium...

Originally Posted by TMSO

chi tung is my familys go to chinese spot for some reason. every time im back in the area for a something, they always go to chi tung. 
laugh.gif
food is good but no need to go all the way to evergreen park just for some chinese food.

I love the chi myself. Went to a Bears game @ Soldier last Sept., changed my life man. I wouldnt mind moving down there. Especially since I'm in Miwaukee now. F'n sucks up here. smh.

No offense to anyone from the Mil of course.

Des Plaines is a nice spot. very chill over there. Things are a little more spaced apart than i'm used to here in queens but not that much. Like I said the houses are pretty nice over there.

If your in Des Plaines then you should def know about these spots...

2l88500.jpg

3010jh0.jpg

352lnwp.jpg

rayu1j.jpg

nh16ja.jpg

harold's is overrated
30t6p3b.gif
-- one down the street & i never eat there. i've had better fried chicken in the south.. their mild sauce is
pimp.gif
, though.

you definitely missed out on a bunch of good eats.. you should have at least had some lou malanti's since they're in the suburbs as well.

and the week you came was awful -- it was HOT as uffffffff that week & this is coming from a dude that grew up in nashville.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

harold's is overrated
30t6p3b.gif
-- one down the street & i never eat there. i've had better fried chicken in the south.. their mild sauce is
pimp.gif
, though.

you definitely missed out on a bunch of good eats.. you should have at least had some lou malanti's since they're in the suburbs as well.

and the week you came was awful -- it was HOT as uffffffff that week & this is coming from a dude that grew up in nashville.
ehh coming from nyc we got better eats than the chi so that wasn't really on the top of my agenda.  The heat did knock me down for atleast a day but didn't stop me.

Lazy I passed that mcd's thing...wasn't pictury worthy....don't know about the sugar bowl...I went to omega one day...was average and I went to Beacon but that place was wack as $%%%.  Like I said I enjoyed grabbing a pint at chasers and frequent trips to burrito house.

bfneaf.jpg

2po1wk9.jpg

28anp8x.jpg

30n7te8.jpg

I actually just came back from the Chi as well. One of my favorite cities. Hit the Whitesox game,Giordanos and also had a tour of the Southside and Westside at night. All i can say its real out there.

Glad you had a good time in my city if you didn't have a Chicago style hot dog you didn't enjoy your self

Im just giving you a hard time cus i know where you were at...Beacon Tap was one of the only bars in the area I could think of.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

pimp.gif
That snow bunny

Im going down to Chicago for the college newspaper convention in Oct.
Haven't been to Chicago since I was 9. Can't wait.

I might there for the convention too. I go to school here in Chicago.. We went to the trip in Austin Texas a few years ago as well as the Louisville one. It's a blast.

I saw that outdoor exhibit last time I was there. Was dope. My hotel was walking distance from there.

Giordano's is goood. I have that everytime I go. Either that or Gino's. Whatever I'm closest to.

I also hit one of the Italian Beef spots. Portillos maybe for a Chicago Dog or an Italian Beef.

We hit Mr. Beef after the club for an Italian Beef, Sausage and Peppers, or a combo, which is Italian Beef AND Sausage.

I seriously come back from Chicago +10 lbs. every time.

Back
Top Bottom