"My [ ] is like a White Supremacist." -John Mayer

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by viiheaven

:lo The title of his album was Get Rich or Die Trying for cying outloud, give me a break.
Yo, do you even understand the quote AT ALL?

He's asking why is a HOOD PASS called a HOOD PASS? If [a white person] REALLY has a HOOD PASS, they [the white person] should be able it's a 'N-word pass' because that's essentially what black people are granting access to white people to say.

And for the other bold text... he was biggin' up the black race. He was praising African-Americans for living their live to the fullest and not taking anything for granted due to the struggles they face. He was saying he could never be regarded as being black because he hasn't had to face the same struggles an African-American. And if a 'hood pass' encompasses BEING BLACK, then he's never had a 'hood pass'.

Do y'all read or just look to confirm the accused actually said a controversial word or statement and then blow it out of proportion? I swear, how did you guys pass critical thinking?

In his own words, he's saying a hood pass grants you all the rights of being black, like using the n word, but also all the problems, like a "We're full." That's why he's saying he could never have a hood pass, maybe you need to read the whole thing 
grin.gif

And taking things out of context, the whole interview came off like some big joke, how can you separate a serious part from a joke
So what the hell are we disagreeing about? I agree, he doesn't have a 'hood pass'. He's acknowledging he doesn't have a 'hood pass'. So because he's agreeing that he doesn't face the same problems & struggles of an African-American.... he's a racist?
grin.gif

:lo The title of his album was Get Rich or Die Trying for cying outloud, give me a break.

He's asking why is a HOOD PASS called a HOOD PASS? If [a white person] REALLY has a HOOD PASS, they [the white person] should be able it's a 'N-word pass' because that's essentially what black people are granting access to white people to say.

And for the other bold text... he was biggin' up the black race. He was praising African-Americans for living their live to the fullest and not taking anything for granted due to the struggles they face. He was saying he could never be regarded as being black because he hasn't had to face the same struggles an African-American. And if a 'hood pass' encompasses BEING BLACK, then he's never had a 'hood pass'.

Do y'all read or just look to confirm the accused actually said a controversial word or statement and then blow it out of proportion? I swear, how did you guys pass critical thinking?

In his own words, he's saying a hood pass grants you all the rights of being black, like using the n word, but also all the problems, like a "We're full." That's why he's saying he could never have a hood pass, maybe you need to read the whole thing 
grin.gif

And taking things out of context, the whole interview came off like some big joke, how can you separate a serious part from a joke
So what the hell are we disagreeing about? I agree, he doesn't have a 'hood pass'. He's acknowledging he doesn't have a 'hood pass'. So because he's agreeing that he doesn't face the same problems & struggles of an African-American.... he's a racist?
grin.gif

Why didn't you quote my whole last post?  I've been saying the same thing over and over

My point is dude isn't funny.

I never called him a racist.

To the black people defending him...why? This guy thinks all black people can be defined by some struggle or "living life to the fullest," whatever that means. Dude is after-school specialing you. Be offended. You have the right.

The entirety of that quote

MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, "What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?" And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n- bomb pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, "I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, 'We're full.'"

grin.gif

And taking things out of context, the whole interview came off like some big joke, how can you separate a serious part from a joke.

My point is dude isn't funny.
people think a hood pass is being able to drop the n bomb
grin.gif
smh.gif

thats was the part i didnt get
dude is just a person that got too comfortable 
said some racist stuff and thought it would be cool

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

How is this any different than a black guy only dating a black woman? Some of you are ******ed..same blk ppl who are crying about this are the same black people who blame "the system" for their short comings.

Its nothing wrong with saying he has only dates white
but its how he worded it
like black women r inferior
instead of stating white women r his preference

yall dudes are too sensitive

i see nothing wrong with what he said and if something was wrong, HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOUR LIFE?

lol the people who are calling him a douche are funny and probably extremely ignorant to his sense of humor or his music (dirty included)

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

we all knew he was a douche
if you're so well-informed about everyone's thoughts why:
a)didn't you lock the thread?

b)do half the people who have posted disagree w/you?

c)should we even bother posting our opinions on this site?

as usual, its not that i even disagree w/you but your posts are almost always intentionally curt and sardonic. we get it, you are better than everyone else.

Originally Posted by TacC4

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

we all knew he was a douche
if you're so well-informed about everyone's thoughts why:
a)didn't you lock the thread?

b)do half the people who have posted disagree w/you?

c)should we even bother posting our opinions on this site?

as usual, its not that i even disagree w/you but your posts are almost always intentionally curt and sardonic. we get it, you are better than everyone else.

Shots fired with a hint of truth... LETS WATCH!!!

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

N Word aside...and the Dukes metaphor...

I dont knock him for his preference....He just said it in a way that ppl could interpret as being offensive. Media prep time....
He won't take any sort of PR hit. If his fans follow him on Twitter, read his blog or have even watched YouTube clips of him in concert, the guy is a TOTAL JOKSTER.

C'mon K, you know the biz; why would John Mayer, whose fanbase is almost all female (and closet male fans) make a statement in which could hurt his target audience? It just doesn't make sense.

Although, even if this was in complete satire, I expect better from John Mayer. Like I said, he's an intelligent dude and is very aware of his own celebrity. He normally doesn't say things that could be interpreted poorly. He especially wouldn't do something in a published magazine, on purpose*
Out of all artist within the realm of his genre, I think he probably has the most Black fans. But that wouldn't put a dent in his fan base. Majority of his fan base probably share the same sentiments.
So what are you saying? They agree with him and don't mind him using the N word?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

To the black people defending him...why? Thisguy thinks all black people can be defined by some struggle or "livinglife to the fullest," whatever that means. Dude is after-schoolspecialing you. Be offended. You have the right.
Its pretty sad.

Back
Top Bottom