"My [ ] is like a White Supremacist." -John Mayer

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by GucciMane

I don't actually think this guy is racist but you've got to be smarter than that. And joking about race? Not a good look, especially when you're a corny white dude. Who actually buys this guy's albums?

Dudes music is pure piff
Ok, sensitive guy. Pure piff?
roll.gif
Get out of here. Hood pass? You're struggling for a man pass.
Uh, yeah? Have you heard this dude play guitar? Absolutely bananas. There's a reason Jay-Z chose him to play at the benefit concert. Oh and also, check Rolling Stone's cover for Best Guitarists ever. Check the company he's with.
I roll with Jay. but the man dons a guitar for one song and he's suddenly the go to person about rock guitarists?!!?!??!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mayer makes corny music that no self-respecting rock fan would listen to, let alone support. I dont even mind the guy when I see him on interviews, but the love for this guy is ridiculous...I'm not saying you are in particular, but it seems like many people who dont listen to rock SWEAR by mayer, as if they have any point of reference...this is even more so true with hip hop heads. I guess his accessibility turns people onyo rock  who would otherwise not listen to the genre.

Originally Posted by Diego

If we all learned on thing with this interview, its that he definitely does not have a hood pass.

I swear sometimes I dont understand black females.

Theyre mad because brothas date outside of their race, but then they hate that a white man stays within his race.

I remember like a month ago somebody posted a video where some black dudes were preachin on some streets and saying some of the most hateful things to this white girl about her people. Straight up had shorty crying and 90% of responses in the thread were revolved around praising that dude for his actions and his hateful sentiments towards that girl. Now we got John saying he prefers white women and you people dont like his choice of words and therefore he must be a racist.

Im going to JJB where people have more common sense.
If that's why you think women are upset, you are lost...

Nope. John Mayer is essentially the musical equivalent of a dildo. Designed for women, but there are some dudes that enjoy him.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Nope. John Mayer is essentially the musical equivalent of a dildo. Designed for women, but there are some dudes that enjoy him.

laugh.gif
perfectly said.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I don't actually think this guy is racist but you've got to be smarter than that. And joking about race? Not a good look, especially when you're a corny white dude. Who actually buys this guy's albums?

Dudes music is pure piff
roll.gif
Uh, yeah? Have you heard this dude play guitar? Absolutely bananas. There's a reason Jay-Z chose him to play at the benefit concert. Oh and also, check Rolling Stone's cover for Best Guitarists ever. Check the company he's with.
I roll with Jay. but the man dons a guitar for one song and he's suddenly the go to person about rock guitarists?!!?!??!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mayer makes corny music that no self-respecting rock fan would listen to, let alone support. I dont even mind the guy when I see him on interviews, but the love for this guy is ridiculous...I'm not saying you are in particular, but it seems like many people who dont listen to rock SWEAR by mayer, as if they have any point of reference...this is even more so true with hip hop heads. I guess his accessibility turns people onyo rock  who would otherwise not listen to the genre.
You sound like such an elitist tool.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Dudes music is pure piff
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You sound like such an elitist tool.
you're response is as original as Mayer's music. It's funny to see how many people are catching feelings over some of the comments in this thread. I wont even say he doesnt have a bit of talent, but his music is dispensable....rolling stone list or not, his music is not even in the same vein as anyone on the list.... but that list is godawful....Jack White????? Kurt Cobain????
these dudes can't be for real (and I LOVE Nirvana).

Nah, I forgot this is NT where rock is limited to the top 40. There are a few hip hop heads but actual rock and heavier music is a lost cause, so it was a fruitless endeavor. Continue thinking Mayer is up there with Lonnie Johnson, Blind Blake and Muddy Waters. That's your loss.
John Mayer > any of those dead guys.

2ilxzqb.jpg
To be honest. I can name 75 guitarists that can outplay him.....THAT HE WOULD AGREE WITH.

And the thing about Jay-Z "picking him" to go on tour doesn't mean he is that good.

......and I mess with John Mayer's music too. HEAVY.

Edit: For the statement in bold. Muddy Waters > John Mayer and it isn't even close. C'mon fam.....YOU DON'T EVEN THINK THAT RUBBISH.

Dudes music is pure piff
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

You're right. I like John Mayer's music. I don't listen to any of those other artists posted so I can't speak on who is the best guitarist evar. And for the record, I know John Mayer isn't up there with the elite
laugh.gif
I'm just messin' with this dude who seems to be so
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
about it.

Originally Posted by King Beef

Nah,I forgot this is NT where rock is limited to the top 40. There are afew hip hop heads but actual rock and heavier music is a lost cause, soit was a fruitless endeavor. Continue thinking Mayer is up there withLonnie Johnson, Blind Blake and Muddy Waters. That's your loss.
To be honest. I can name 75 guitarists that can outplay him.....THAT HE WOULD AGREE WITH.

And the thing about Jay-Z "picking him" to go on tour doesn't mean he is that good.

Edit:For the statement in bold. Muddy Waters > John Mayer and it isn'teven close. C'mon fam.....YOU DON'T EVEN THINK THAT RUBBISH.
I agree, I don't think that. But getting this guy angry is fun.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Says the bleeding heart liberal
smile.gif

Dudes music is pure piff
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

You're right. I like John Mayer's music. I don't listen to any of those other artists posted so I can't speak on who is the best guitarist evar. And for the record, I know John Mayer isn't up there with the elite
laugh.gif
I'm just messin' with this dude who seems to be so
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
about it.

Originally Posted by King Beef

Nah,I forgot this is NT where rock is limited to the top 40. There are afew hip hop heads but actual rock and heavier music is a lost cause, soit was a fruitless endeavor. Continue thinking Mayer is up there withLonnie Johnson, Blind Blake and Muddy Waters. That's your loss.

Edit:For the statement in bold. Muddy Waters > John Mayer and it isn'teven close. C'mon fam.....YOU DON'T EVEN THINK THAT RUBBISH.
I agree, I don't think that. But getting this guy angry is fun.
Dude is getting emotional.
laugh.gif
Mission accomplished
laugh.gif

I don't know how my statement contradicted or sided with me being liberal. Maybe I am slow, but I don't understand the whole 'says the bleeding heart liberal' statement.

this guy is the truth on the guitar--check kanye feat john mayer-bittersweet..
guitar game is crazy!!

Nah, I forgot this is NT where rock is limited to the top 40. There are a few hip hop heads but actual rock and heavier music is a lost cause, so it was a fruitless endeavor. Continue thinking Mayer is up there with Lonnie Johnson, Blind Blake and Muddy Waters. That's your loss.
are you a ++@##%# moron? he said he was bananas...he didn't say one of the best of all time.

"limited to top 40"??? Ummmm theres a HUGE rock thread with a ton of really ++@##%# good bands that are FAR from top 40...

and i officially stopped caring about what you said when you said Rolling Stone is good for their political articles...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dudes music is pure piff
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

who the @!#@ are you to judge peoples taste...we can start naming bands and see if i'm self-respecting...

Yeah, he was chosen because he was popular. This guy = 10 times the guitarist John Mayer will ever be, but he won't get invited to no benefit concert..

Nice to see the inner-music elitist is coming out in a a few people. Mayer is a damn good guitarist and makes good music. It's all subjective as far as where he ranks amongst the all-time greats. His style isn't for everyone, but to sit here and deny that he's not good at what he does, is foolish. I'm sure that there are people who play the guitar better than him, but Mayer deserves all the credit and accolades that he's earned over the years. His comments were stupid and he showed little-to-no candor in how he went about his business in that interview. Do I think he's a racist? No. Do I think he made a veiled attempt in trying to be funny? Yes. I'm sure due to the backlash, he's humbled himself a little bit. No need to try to burn this dude at the steak for what he said. There's a lot of other ignorant !!+%%%#* that comes from the mouths of your favorite musician or celebrity that is overlooked on the daily. A lot of folks in here are trying to play this "holier-than-thou" card, and it's weak. Again, it was a mistake by Mayer and I'm sure he won't be as loose with his words in future interviews. Let's move on.

Music will always be subject to debate.

It is endless argument, it is generally a matter of preference.
And his comment really have little to do with him being swell on the guitar.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Nice to see the inner-music elitist is coming out in a a few people. Mayer is a damn good guitarist and makes good music. It's all subjective as far as where he ranks amongst the all-time greats. His style isn't for everyone, but to sit here and deny that he's not good at what he does, is foolish. I'm sure that there are people who play the guitar better than him, but Mayer deserves all the credit and accolades that he's earned over the years. His comments were stupid and he showed little-to-no candor in how he went about his business in that interview. Do I think he's a racist? No. Do I think he made a veiled attempt in trying to be funny? Yes. I'm sure due to the backlash, he's humbled himself a little bit. No need to try to burn this dude at the steak for what he said. There's a lot of other ignorant !!+%%%#* that comes from the mouths of your favorite musician or celebrity that is overlooked on the daily. A lot of folks in here are trying to play this "holier-than-thou" card, and it's weak. Again, it was a mistake by Mayer and I'm sure he won't be as loose with his words in future interviews. Let's move on.
Agreed. Good post.

I swear you never make a bad one. EVER.

Back
Top Bottom