My Weekend Trip to Seattle, WA (100 x PICS RE-UPPED!) 5/18-5/20

Originally Posted by KingJay718

And why did David Stern allow the Sonics to move again......?

mad.gif

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Tacoma is really not that bad. I mean, its hood, but yall act like youve never left the east side or something.

I had a training for work in downtown Tacoma last year and it was shockingly tame and very beautiful. The sight of Mt. Rainer is the best from Tacoma. No doubt. I loved it there though. Would just go walking around and stopping at different bars and things.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Tacoma is really not that bad. I mean, its hood, but yall act like youve never left the east side or something.

I had a training for work in downtown Tacoma last year and it was shockingly tame and very beautiful. The sight of Mt. Rainer is the best from Tacoma. No doubt. I loved it there though. Would just go walking around and stopping at different bars and things.
roll.gif
roll.gif
guarantee you wouldn't be saying that in the Lakewood area.
the whole city of tacoma is not bad at all but it definitely has areas you shouldn't be in if you don't belong there

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

roll.gif
roll.gif
the whole city of tacoma is not bad at all but it definitely has areas you shouldn't be in if you don't belong there
Tacoma just looks and smells worse than Seattle..
But the reality is a lot more crime takes place in Seattle.

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

roll.gif
roll.gif
Parts of Capitol Hill are scary once the sun goes down.

Yeah Tacoma isnt that bad really...but it def has it's hood parts

$%#@ last time I was in Tacoma late night, I woke up in the hospital with a fractured jaw
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wow 10gb of photobucket bandwidth depleted? no way...

anybody have any free photo hosting services recommendations?

roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh, yes...Trust me, I'm aware. On one of my later night voyages, I sparked a black and kept walking until I hit this park...Sun was going down and started seeing shady activity in the distance. Maybe it was a mirage because I was nervous, but I know better.

Originally Posted by Credo

roll.gif
roll.gif
I used to work in Lakewood for a while. The worst i saw was prostitution, but granted, i was there mostly during the day.

And im really not trying to sound like a tough guy, but if youre scared on Capitol Hill....im baffled. Where exactly?, if you dont mind me asking. Thats one of the softest neighborhoods in that area, literally. I mean, for goodness sakes, its the gay capital of the city.

The Aroma in Tacoma. That's all I know about Tac-Town. Although it's not as bad as it used to be.

I used to work in Lakewood for a while. The worst i saw was prostitution, but granted, i was there mostly during the day.

And im really not trying to sound like a tough guy, but if youre scared on Capitol Hill....im baffled. Where exactly?, if you dont mind me asking. Thats one of the softest neighborhoods in that area, literally. I mean, for goodness sakes, its the gay capital of the city.

I think that's why he's scared.
laugh.gif

Kent/Auburn literally smell 10 times worse right now on 167 than Tacoma ever has. Soon as the sun starts hitting the cow crap on the ground by Smith Brothers Farms, its unbearable.

I think people associate the CD with Cap Hill, and it's really not the same. The CD is totally gentrified now anyway. Back when I was in middle school (Washington MS) in the mid '90s, it was still pretty hood. Things have changed though. All the troublemakers moved south.

Seattle seems really awesome. I think I'd be fit for the Pacific NW living. I wouldn't even mind the rain.

I think that's why he's scared.
laugh.gif
Lets see here, the things that happened the 5 days I spent in total visiting a friend that lived right on the edge of the part of Capitol Hill that's crap:
My friend's house hit by stray bullets from a fight across the street

Dude got stabbed to death at the end of the street

Crack head busted off the antenna of the car next to mine to use as a crack pipe, and was generous enough to offer to share.  We declined.

Propositioned by a couple in all leather that were easily in their 60s if not older for some "group fun."  We declined.

Back
Top Bottom