My wife just got sexually harassed...

He’s done for, even if it was with a book what did he do smack her *** with a book.

She should be speaking to hr now or setting it up don’t wait

fam just report it to HR...

in today's climate, there's no way he keeps his job.

man's out here grabbing butts at work? :smh: bold.

time to lawyer up. my girl gloria would take this case

GA_Headshot_160_pixels_400x400.jpg

Sorry to hear man, that’s awful

Report it to HR immediately

Have any of her coworkers been harassed by him too? It’s likely he’s done something before

I'll respond as i'm involved in my job in doing investigations related to this. If it matters, I live in CA. I am not a lawyer, so take this for what its worth.

The real answer here is NOT to go down to her job and make a fuss. Everything that needs to take place is solely the responsibility of your girl. Your job here needs only to be to comfort her outside of work. If you go and make a big deal out of it.. show up yelling and calling dude out, companies don't want that drama... so they wouldn't 'mind' if your girl quit.. or better yet, if they could eliminate the 'problem' by eliminating your girl (because of you.) If they can find a reason to let her go, they may. Let me be clear... i have no idea what the complete situation is, but say the boss is friends with HR people. You show up asking for names, they know your so and so's girl... she can get terminated for that, especially in the private sector. Bottom line, stay away from her work. Let her deal w/ it.

For her, she needs to document EVERYTHING that happened ASAP. What a big company will do is try to make you tell the story several times in hopes that it changes so they can question your credibility. If you write down exactly what happened, there is little remembering involved.

The text message is key to the fact that there was contact... so that helps. He only did that to cover his behind. He knew there was a chance you'd tell, so he sent that in hopes of covering his behind. no big deal. in fact, that's pretty common. If you play sports, it's the old.. 'let me trip him when he runs by me but play it off like it was an accident." Email the pic somewhere just in case your phone gets lost/stolen. NOT using your work email.

Next, have her talk to her immediate supervisor. If that's dude, then talk to someone she's comfortable with in a management level. Manager are required by share this information with personnel/HR. If they don't, there can be more trouble for them. Document everyone you speak with and their reactions. You'll be able to tell who's on his side and who's not. Trust me... documenting reactions will help you paint a better picture later.

If she's really scared or intimidated or bothered, without even a request, her HR should treat it as a hostile environment, thus immediate separation. Tell her to ask for a reassignment in work or work location. It hurts her argument if she says she's scared of the person that slapped her butt, but they are bumping into each other in the break room and sitting on opposite sides of the room. Make sense? If they tell her she needs to go to another office or something like that, say hell no... and immediately demand that the move the other person. She can ask for reimbursements if they make her move, but that would be getting into lawyer territory. Everything I'm suggesting she can do on her own before (or concurrently) while getting a lawyer.

Don't share stories about him. If she starts gossiping/telling other people what happened, there are certainly rules/policies that prohibit such behavior, so be cautious of that.

last, don't listen to teenagers on the internet. there are plenty of other sites not shoe related that can help you more. If you PM me, I can help you. I love NT, but seriously, probably not the best audience to seek legal advice.

Bottom line, document the incident exactly as it happened A response to that message of , "but you didn't use a book, you used your hand" would have been GREAT had it been immediate, but probably too late for that. Cease contact with said dude unless completely work related and necessary. But even then, asked for him to be moved or you to be reassigned to another location so you don't have immediate contact with him. Don't work gossip, and follow all of the company's rules/policies regarding the complaint process. Good luck. With all this #metoo stuff going on, there is NO way a big company can take a chance in protecting anyone.

Sorry for the rant. this kind of stuff is 'funny' and easy to overlook even seeing it all over the news. It sucks though when it happens at home. Again, good luck.

Go see an attorney, remember HR is there to protect the company's interest. So whatever you do, don't talk to HR without hiring an attorney first to do all the talking for you.

This is not always true. No disrespect to dude, but not all HRs are there to protect the company. There are some good people that work in HR. At my place of work, HR/personnel and personnel attorneys are 100% pro employee. Management hates it.

If you do speak w/ a lawyer, a lot will take the case for free assuming they'll win a big chunk of money. If this is an isolated incident, dude might get disciplined/terminated and everything goes back to normal. If this guy is a serial butt smacker and he's been complained about 4x and his file is 2 inches thick.. and they continue to protect him, then the company becomes liable, not the person. The company will only get in trouble if they're protecting this kind of behavior. Lawyers aren't looking for $2000, small claims stuff. They'll want the money cases that include commas in the claim amount.

Sorry but I have to hear both sides of the story before I fly off the handle and label someone a sex offender. Not saying fam ain't do it but these are strong allegations and accidents like this do happen

How does the dude have your girls phone number op to text???

His side is he had a book in his hand. And touched her rear as he was walking by her.
Her story is he grabbed her *** and kept walking.

The district manager lady called shorty and talked with her. My girl thinks the manager dude called and told her what happened. Lady kept telling her how important she is and my girl made it clear that she wants out unless they fire him.

She replied with possibly offering a position at a different location....hmm seems like they dont want to fire dude.

Im tryna lawyer up tho

For those asking why she has his number, dont yall have your managers phone number? I do.

I dont get where yall tryna go with this lol

Last edited:
His side is he had a book in his hand. And touched her rear as he was walking by her.

The district manager lady called shorty and talked with her. My girl thinks the manager dude called and told her what happened. Lady kept telling her how important she is and my girl made it clear that she wants out unless they fire him.

She replied with possibly offering a position at a different location....hmm seems like they dont want to fire dude.

Im tryna lawyer up tho

Damn, they're gonna try to fire your woman for any BS reason now.

Lawyer up ASAP.

I have beef with my hr department with not helping me with transfer can we talk on a pm level dc1323 dc1323 ?

I agree with OBAMA OBAMA things can be overblown sometimes.

I remember this one dude was telling a girl that her lip gloss was nice looking @ work. She took it the wrong way and homie almost got fried for it. He even didn’t touch the damm girl just gave her a compliment.

Im tryna lawyer up tho
SMH

At least worst case scenario, she won't have to be around him. But, that ****er has to pay. He has probably done this to other women and I'm sure that even if he doesn't act on it, he thinks about perv **** all of the time. Guys like him need help, even if it takes severe punishment.

Im tryna lawyer up tho

be careful with this. They have tricky ways of meeting their end of the employment agreement... and they'll do only what they're required.

As i've said, they may relocate someone. Since he is a manager, her may have more staff, so it may be easier for the company to relocate your girl instead of him. If she doesn't agree with the relocation, she needs to state why she doesn't agree with it and how it would cause her hardship. And how it changes the terms on the employment at NO FAULT of hers. If she can benefit from the relocation, say its closer to the house/less driving to work, I would take it and keep up the fight.

If she decides NOT to cooperate with what they're doing to remedy the situation, they can fire her for insubordination. In other words, she is still an employee of the company and still has a job to do. They're giving her a chance to continue doing her job. If she doesn't cooperate, she can be in additional trouble. Again, I AM NOT A LAWYER and your labor/employment laws may be different in another state. Maybe consult with a lawyer to see what happens, but again, unless this is on a big scale, your likely not going to find lawyer help unless you want to come out of pocket.

Also, when she complains, don't focus the complaint about what touched her butt. Focus on that her butt was touched. WIth a book, with a pencil, with a feather, .. anything like that is considered sexual harassment, so I wouldn't worry about that part. If she's too emotional to work, she needs to state those things to everyone involved. She basically needs to say the same story over and over and over to everyone. If she doesn't, they'll eat her up. document. document. document.

Im tryna lawyer up tho
Why would he touch her with a book?

he said she said if there’s no proof

shes better off getting at the company for not taking the claim serious then chasing the dude

she tell hr she’s willing to take it as far as it can go he’ll be outta there

I’d still put mystery hands on em tho pause

Back
Top Bottom