Nas Reveals Name Of Next Album (2011/2012 Release)

I must be one of the few people that mess with World's An Addiction
laugh.gif

Im a fan of Anthony Hamilton on hooks, Nas ripped it with his story telling, & I like the subtle beat tempo increasing at certain points.
I agree. World's An Addiction is incredible. Truthfully that song caps off probably the strongest first half of an album I've heard in a long time. It's simply perfect (even with the misstep of having that misplaced Ross verse). Then the album kind of jumps around but still good regardless. I agree that it could have been shorter and would have really made it have more of an impact, but still this album is great. I've listened to it a lot and it has yet to lose its freshness, whereas a lot of his more recent albums faded quickly. This album really keeps me entertained and makes me want to hear it more and more.

Definitely a top five album of the year so far for me.

YO that "You wont understand" joint for some damn reason has me playing the track on repeat ! I love everything about the damn track. That beat....

Summer on smash woulda been better if Swizz aint repeat the same thing for 3 minutes and if it had another rapper on there for some reason I dont know why I feel Loso would fit the bill on that one.

Everything else is great. But that "understand" joint got me sick right now.

Alright I've given this enough listens to properly judge and this is a solid 9/10

Favorite 5 songs:
No Introduction
Loco-Motive
Daughters
Stay
Bye Baby

The only song I didnt like was Summer on Smash

I didnt really like roses or wheres the love but they're bonuses so w,e

Its probably my fav song after Stay.

I feel bad for artists who try to pace albums these days. The haunting orchestration on "World's an Addiction" is followed by the bounce of "Summer on Smash" for a reason. Same goes with the mellow mood of "Stay" being followed up by the retro snap and pop of "Cherry Wine." I'm digging the executive production. This is one of Nas' more cohesive albums. The mood even carries into the bonus tracks.

Didn't listen to any leaks or keep up with when this album was dropping, just saw that it came on Tuesday, copped... and it hasn't left the whip 1-disc @ a time player since.

Nas killed this joint from start to finish, the realness and substance on pretty much every track is outstanding, the bonus tracks are money too. The Black Bond :x

Gave this CD the quick rotation last night and felt disappointed. Threw the CD on in the lexus, all windows down in the AM, I was FEELING this CD....so far I'm impressed :smokin . Gotta listen to it deeper

People really not felling "World's an Addiction?"

That's my favorite joint on the album. Especially the second and third verses. So much real life.

downloaded it off iTunes yesterday- overall it's a nice album. Production isn't as good as it could be IMO but it's still solid.

The songs I don't like are "Back when", "The Don", and "Summer on Smash".

The "Daughters" video is really creative and well-done to me. :pimp: That's how a music video should be.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post in this thread again on the new NT lolz

Still playing this album daily & constantly since I got it. I gotta say, the intro or "no introduction" is :smokin
Nas intros have been super on point lately. Justice league was a good choice

introduction, accident murderers, stay, back when, bye baby, worlds an addiction, the don, daughters, summer on smash(woulda been better without swizz all over the hook shoulda just let miguel handle the hook) are all my ****. Nas delivered best rap album of 2012 so far.

Incredible album. Lyrics and flow are ridiculous. I didn't skip a track and I actually had to force myself to not repeat any of the tracks on the first listen... It's one of the few age appropriate albums for my generation. LIG makes me feel like Hip Hop can actually grow with me... I don't feel that way too often with these newer artists. Dope.

Back
Top Bottom