Nas Reveals Name Of Next Album (2011/2012 Release)

Happy With the Album Cherry Wine and Bye Baby 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Each day just deciphering lyrics. "Black bond" :smh::smh: Amazes me to this day how good this dude is for no reason. "Bye Baby" still my favorite though, Love hearing Aaron Hall on the hook too.

130k is real solid nowadays. What other rapper that is almost 20 years in the game can still sell that many units in this era? Hats off to Nas for not only getting that #1 album, but dropping a banger of an album. Like this dude really went in and gave us what we having been asking from Nas for the longest. :smokin

i still don't understand why people are comparing this album to channel orange...
two totally different things....
both are remarkable albums, but not comparable.
very happy with this album.
make sure you peep the vh1 website... if you missed the nas's behind the music episode.
(in full, no commercial interruptions)
also... the cocaine 80s eps are all very impressive.. they are all free (3 in total), google is your friend.
accident murderers... would have been a flawless track... IF Rick Ross's verse was related to the theme of the song. He got on that track and was talking about a whole bunch of nothing, just rambling. surprised Nas let that slide...

FORREAL!! But 9 times out of 10 Rick Ross is always rambling about the same **** we heard him say over and over again. It would've been nice to hear Styles P or even Jada on Accident Murderers to give it that "Show Discipline" vibe

FORREAL!! But 9 times out of 10 Rick Ross is always rambling about the same **** we heard him say over and over again. It would've been nice to hear Styles P or even Jada on Accident Murderers to give it that "Show Discipline" vibe

"Show Discipline" still in constant rotation, song is pure piffery. I'm semi-convinced myself that Nas wrote Ross' lyrics, just my position though.......

Last edited:
Liked what I heard after finally listening to this. Really good consistent album throughout, and Nas just let it all out on there. I do feel like some of the beats could have been better, but I'd be nitpicking cause the whole album had a nice solid sound. Don't mean to derail anything, but I've always felt since Stillmatic and Blueprint, Nas lyrically has trended upward while Jay-Z has trended downward (besides American Gangster), though Jay basically admitted he has done that on purpose.

Good to see a near 20 year vet come with a fresh sound yet staying true to his style. Even though this is the biggest promotion Nas has had in a long time (since probably HHID), I couldn't tell you if any of his songs were on the radio, but the 130K+ #'s just show that real fans will stick with you and substance can sell.

130k is real solid nowadays. What other rapper that is almost 20 years in the game can still sell that many units in this era? Hats off to Nas for not only getting that #1 album, but dropping a banger of an album. Like this dude really went in and gave us what we having been asking from Nas for the longest. :smokin
:smokin Preach. Nas!!!

All that matters in my eyes is dude took the #1 spot, good to know there are still at least a handful of fans out here that still support true hip hop.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. As far as albums that just came out, channel ORANGE > this. Good album, but not AOTY like some y'all are claiming. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I love how NT music fans can compare two albums of completely different genres ...
I read that like I know for a fact that's not a rap album :lol:

If ppl aint feeling this is a great album or w/e wait for the next album or go listen to w/e other genre you prefer.

In this day and age of music there'll never be a thread for an album that everybody agrees is great anyway.
I'm not comparing them as the same thing. They're vastly different. But FO made a better album, regardless of genre. I'm just relating the two based on their release date, is that not fair? And trust me, I've been listening to plenty of other albums.

Some songs on Life is Good are growing on me. Maybe the whole thing will, but I just dont see this being something I'll throw on in a couple months.
That's just your opinion and no that's not fair at all when you put some thought in to it.

1. No Introduction (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
2. Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.)
3. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi)
4. Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)
5. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.) >D
6. Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)
7. World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi) :tongue:
8. Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
9. You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)
10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.)
11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz) :smokin
12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)
13. Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi) :smokin
14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40) :smokin

Bonus Tracks for Deluxe Edition:

15. Nasty (Produced by Salaam Remi) :smokin
16. The Black Bond (Produced by Salaam Remi)
17. Roses (Produced by Al Shux) :smokin
18. Where’s The Love feat. Cocaine 80s (Produced by No I.D.) :smokin
19. Trust (Produced by Boi 1da) (iTunes Bonus Track)
20. The Don (Don Dada Remix) (Produced by Salaam Remi & Heavy D) (Japan Bonus Track)

I gotta spin it some more, but it's ill...

Back
Top Bottom