Nas Reveals Name Of Next Album (2011/2012 Release)

got through the cd for the first time today while driving to and back from work. I really really like it! gotta listen to it some more.

word

Ross has the lyrical ability though, makes no sense... in regards to accident murderers, me and capt. sneakerhead could have put a better verse together, lol

its like ross got a set format with his flow...

we grew up filthy _______
now we on walk on a ______ floor
pushin' them bentley ________
call me richie rich, nuttin but big ________

blah blah blah

i like him, just wish he story told more, he got it in him. when you step on the record with Nas, you gotta bring your A game. well you should bring it regardless, but still...

i would have loved to hear Jada or Rae on that.... oh well... hopefully he will do a part 2

Disc 1

Locomotive

The Don

A Queens Story

Accidental Murders

Worlds an aAddiction

Wheres the Love

Reach Out

Nasty

The Black Bond

Trust

Disc 2

Remember the Times***

War****

Daughters

Me & You***

Back When

Cherry Wine

Mean the world to me***

Stay

Roses

Undying love***

Bye Baby

This is how i listen to the album

*** = songs from previous albums

I'm not comparing them as the same thing. They're vastly different. But FO made a better album, regardless of genre. I'm just relating the two based on their release date, is that not fair? And trust me, I've been listening to plenty of other albums.

Some songs on Life is Good are growing on me. Maybe the whole thing will, but I just dont see this being something I'll throw on in a couple months.
That's just your opinion and no that's not fair at all when you put some thought in to it.
...I know that it's my opinion. I'm sharing my opinion as to what I felt was better. But fine, whatever, you win, lets move on. The album's still growing on me little by little.

Been listening to LIG for a few days now. Find myself repeating/rotating the same songs:

No Introduction
A Queens Story :smokin
Accident Murderers
Cherry Wine
Black Bond

Queens Story is so dope to me, & I didn't really **** with it that much when I first heard the album. Probably mainly cause of the last verse, but I been listening to that song all day today.

word
Ross has the lyrical ability though, makes no sense... in regards to accident murderers, me and capt. sneakerhead could have put a better verse together, lol
its like ross got a set format with his flow...
we grew up filthy _______
now we on walk on a ______ floor
pushin' them bentley ________
call me richie rich, nuttin but big ________
blah blah blah
i like him, just wish he story told more, he got it in him. when you step on the record with Nas, you gotta bring your A game. well you should bring it regardless, but still...
i would have loved to hear Jada or Rae on that.... oh well... hopefully he will do a part 2

So i'm sayin' homie when you tryin' to get in the booth and put this verse together?? :rofl:

can't stop listening to it, the cd is fire.

Nas lyrically ripping it up
smokin.gif

Album has been on replay since it dropped. Summer On Smash and The Don are the only tracks I'm not feeling. I skip them every time.

See this is a real rapper!!!

Still killin it, 20 years in the game!  This just shows again how vicious this guy is, a great flow never gets old.

Again I'll ask who do yall think the 2nd verse of Stay is about? Jay? Mega? Cam? Curtis? or is it aimed at no one just symbolic type verse? :nerd:

Love that song :pimp:

This album is really one of the most solid albums I've heard in a while and I think the main reason is because it's actually a Nas album and not a compilation album with a bunch of obligatory features on it. Now I know people will say there are but those are only for chorus purposes. He only let one other rapper get one verse on his album and even that was a gift. There must be something contractual between him and Ross right now since this is their third song together in less than a year. But for me I'd rather hear the artist on the album I'm buying instead of a bunch of who's hot right now MC's. Thank you Nas for taking it back to what makes a good album a good album. This will no doubt be in the running for album of the year.

SMH at people saying "Summer on Smash" is wack. That **** is cold. That'll be all over the radio in NY this summer.

ignore these complaints from NTers...they HATE swizz beatz...i remember when blueprint III came out cats in here SWORE on to da next one was garbage
indifferent.gif
grin.gif

summer on smash is fire.

reach out sounds so vintage i thought it was a unreleased cut from da 90's that i never caught my ears....

Those LIG tees fit someone 6'3 230?

I only skip 2 tracks, Summer On Smash & You Wouldn't Understand.

No Introduction is :pimp: , not his best intro, gotta go with Stillmatic Intro.

Best album since God's Son.

IMO album of the year so far. There has been some other good music but nothing compares to this imo. Only about 1 or 2 songs that I think are mediocre but still havent gotten to the point where I just skip them yet. He ****** up picking the singles so far though. He shoulda made either Cherry Wine or Reach Out one of his singles. I could definitely see either one of those getting some radio play.

The album has a nice vibe to it. It's not just "old school," but more like "old school feel good hip-hop/R&B." It's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom