National Title Game : Kansas Vs Memphis - 9:21 EST

Originally Posted by msaba07

ps: any1 else think rush sucked balls? hes good but hes not the star i thought he was, but he had to try n strap cdr and he got baked
Keeping a first-team All-American in front of you nearly the entire game and holding him to 44% shooting from the field counts as getting"baked"?

Dude expended a ton of energy at the defensive end of the floor and still put up a respectable 12 and 6 against an extremely athletic squad.

i have no voice because of last night running the streets of lawrence
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!!!!!!!!

This still doesn't make Bill Self a good coach, and yes I'm still mad given my love for Illinois.

Originally Posted by HotSauce23

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by curt2121

i'm thrilled that that Memphis, with their collective equivalent of an 8th grade education, got beat. Congrats kansas fans, enjoy it!

pure ignorance...

congrats to KU
tired.gif
actually, I think that statement is pretty much spot on....I also think 8th grade is giving them a little to much credit.

Id go with 5th.

Well maybe Memphis can tutor you on the difference between to and too

lawl

Awesome, awesome awesomeawesomeawesomeawesome game.

A shame my comps broken and i couldn't comment till i got to school today.

I really never thought being a Kansas fan would be rewarded with another National Championship.

The fact that i cant stand dorsey and his antics just made it that much sweeter.

I spent about 3 straight hours screaming at the TV during that game. I thought it was over after rose's bankshot.

Mario Chalmers will forever be a Kansas folklore hero.

One of the best games i ve ever seen, maybe the best because of the result of the outcome.

Been buying Jayhawks gear for damn near a decade and i can finally wear it with glorious glorious pride!!!

Im elated about it.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK.

There are hundreds of people waiting outside each sports apparel store here in Wichita. I can't wait to get a hat and a license plate for my vehicle. Notthat it's a big deal, but I've been looking forward to getting to buy National Champions gear for a loooooong damn time. Orange Bowl and National titlegear in one year.....wow! A day later, I'm still in disbelief.

^ i just picked up a couple dope jayhawks stretchfits a month ago so im set.

i can imagine the lineup for the championship gear tho.

This still doesn't make Bill Self a good coach, and yes I'm still mad given my love for Illinois.
I guess this is sarcasm but ok... I felt that this tournament proved how great of a coach he is. Kansas is absolutely solid every aspect of thegame. Their plays are ran to perfection, they play great defense, and rarely do you see them make a dumb %*@ mistake. After a timeout Self always had a greatplay drawn up, cus theyd always end up with easy 2's. This team proved to be the last one standing because in the end they had zero weaknesses, which canbe credited to the coach.

Now, he's gone
laugh.gif

^ he wont leave.

alma matter or not, KU is one of the top 5 jobs in college bball.

he and the athletic department will renegotiate.

he wont get 4 mill. like the osu offer but he'll get at least double what he gets now.

as if 1.3 mill a year to coach bball isn't enough
eyes.gif

Now, he's gone
laugh.gif

Not true. He was just on local radio here and said that he plans on staying and that he's going to re-negotiate his contract and that hedoesn't want anything more than a school would normally pay a coach who has had the success his teams have had. He said if he and Lew Perkins (our AD) canhammer out an agreeable contract, then there's no reason to even talk to OSU. I really don't think he's in it for the money. I'll admit that Ithought he was gone since the middle of last week, but his comments this morning changed my mind.

I will say that I had a damn good evening... I wasn't rooting for anybody per se` seeing as tho I'm an avid fan for players on both squad so I justwanted to see a great game and I did. I've been tellin boy's on here since the beginning of the season that Rio was/is that man on their team but heseemed to get over shadowed by Auther (respectively) and Rush (Meh!!!) I went crazy in Hooters when he hit that 3 to send it into OT, Just as I did when Poohhit the bank to beat the shot clock
pimp.gif
but I was also hoping that Pooh would come down and score to win it...

All in All this has been one of thee more exciting College Basketball season/tournaments imo since Mel's run... they should all be like this
pimp.gif

amazing pic. when they got into the final 4, there were about 20,000 ppl out there. cant imagine how many ppl were there last night. probably more then thetotal pop. of Lawerence!

^^^^40,000 was crazy........just looking each way was straight up a sea of peoples heads...............

Where I watched the game was one of the greatest atmospheres I've ever been in......watching tv or in person

and Mass street was CRAZY........HIGH 5s to probably 1000 people.......great part it was still a really peaceful and barely any fighting.

It just went by so QUICK..........ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simply amazing......its just a weird feeling since I'm always sad for a week this time of year.........

Here's a pic from the celebration of the team's return yesterday at Memorial Stadium. 26,000+ in damn cold temperatures and drizzle. Classes werecancelled for this. I should have drove up to Lawrence for it. The awards banquet is coming up, and that will be the last time this team is together.

F390764.jpg

On a side note. Lew Perkins is a straight up G! I'd swear he has mob connections!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

F390759.jpg

Back
Top Bottom