NBA 2k10 Collector's Edition

[h1]NBA 2K10 Collector's Edition NeedsShaq To Carry The Load[/h1]
By Luke Plunkett, 3:30 AM on Tue Jun 30 2009, 6,502 views (Edit post, Set to draft, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop

nba102.jpg
Look, we're fans of a game's limited edition provided it offers genuine value to the discerning customer, and can actually be carried out the door of a game store. So the jury's still out on NBA 2K10.

In terms of value, we're on the fence. $99 is a lot to pay, but then, you're getting a lot of stuff, including a Shepard Fairey poster of Kobe, a Kobe action figure and a freakin' metal locker that holds 20 game covers.

In terms of portability, though...it's a little ridiculous. For the box to include that locker, the figure and the poster, we're talking a crate as big as a Guitar Hero/Rock Band bundle. Only, for an annual sports title. Wonder how that'll fly with retailers.

Note: the image and info above come courtesy of IGN's Team Xbox, not publishers 2K themselves, so until announced officially consider this one over-sized, expensive rumour.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Already posted but I think that's a little bit extravagant.

Maybe a collector's item
laugh.gif

my bad if it been posted ...

only reason im
eek.gif
cuz for $99 ...its one of the best package collectoredition out there ...most of the time game companies just toss in random crap and call it a collector edition.
smile.gif

not worth it to be honest with you (regardless of the price)

maybe if it included an auto by Kobe

alittle much ? they should've thrown in a uniform and some zoom kobe's .........

whoa damn that's actually dope since the poster is by Shepard Fairey and the figurine is McFarlane.

if it were any other player besides a Laker i'd be on it EARLY

No thanks, I'll just take the game, and I'd hate to put my games in that locker and forget the combination
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Logically, why would any of you buy this?

Well for me I really like that locker. I dont like having my games sitting around the house collecting dust on the cover.

The locker is actually pretty nice.

I mean, I still use everything I got from the GTA collectors edition.

Back
Top Bottom