NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

All i wanted was the my player to stop freezing.. they can keep the rest of this patch.. i may delete and just start a new my player
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I read some of the replies in here thinking that it wasn't gonna be that big of a deal but damn I gotta get used to this *@%* again!

Is it me or is the game moving much faster? I definitely have a harder time playing defense and although it seems somewhat nice that PlayVision is on everytime I come up the court, I wish there was an option to turn it off.

Plus, they beef up the CPU AI and skills but dumb down your teammates? The CPU now can do an unstoppable double team, they rotate over to help with ease when I drive to the hole, I get blocked on nearly every possession, they make every shot, but my squad can't do a damn thing now. Assists numbers going down because these fools are stupid.

That collision detection thing on dunks is a little flawed also, how the hell am I in front of Shaq going to dunk but then the game physics makes me TURN TO FACE HIM in mid-air and then get penalized for getting blocked? And I love how every now and then they decide it's a turnover if you're blocked.
Agree wit most of what was said here....

I still have no problem scoring but my teammates seemed to get dumber which is causing me some losses...

PlayVision is also cool but teammates seem to get lost if I don't follow it...

Originally Posted by al3x89

smh @ people getting mad cause 2k made the game more realistic...

"i can't score 40ppg anymore"
"i can't dunk with 5 people under the basket anymore? $#*?!?!?!?!?!"
"i can't cherry pick as good as before"
"why are they making me run plays in my player? no nba team runs plays ever"

pimp.gif
to 2k. well done.
pimp.gif

Here is my 2K11 Playbooks Spreadsheet.

https://spreadsheets.goog...HE2TlUwZTlLZWc&hl=en

I spent almost 3 weeks doing this on and off. Here are adjusted plays for all teams. It works well ONLY if you edit the touches tendency (usage) as well. If you don't then don't ask me why the plays don't work when the CPU uses them.

There is a notes tab that explains everything so I will save myself typing. Enjoy. Have questions, ask.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I spent almost 3 weeks doing this on and off. Here are adjusted plays for all teams. It works well ONLY if you edit the touches tendency (usage) as well. If you don't then don't ask me why the plays don't work when the CPU uses them.

There is a notes tab that explains everything so I will save myself typing. Enjoy. Have questions, ask.

eek.gif

outdid yourself fam, good job even though i don't know what the heck it is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hieu23

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

eek.gif

outdid yourself fam, good job even though i don't know what the heck it is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wrd DC, not enough props can be given to all you've done here.

With that said, I'm not sure if i should get the patch.  Seems to only cause everyone problems..

only gripe i have against the patch is the automatic in-air collisions EVERYTIME i go for an uncontested dunk...

I don't know about some of yall but the patch is alright with me. I no longer have to score 40 points a game just to keep the score close. No more hail mary passes half court. 
Im loving it.

i dont mind the patch, but in my player if u dont follow the play the ball handler just stands there and winds the clock down... i mean im still winning games and scoring its just not as fun having to follow these bs plays and have the CPU go dumb and not be able to adjust to things, i think my player was better before the patch. The play outlining is nice but the AI for it needs work..

No seriously maybe I was unaware but in real life basketball if a player gets his shot blocked and the other team gets the ball, is the player who had his shot blocked docked with a turnover?

This never happened before but now more than ever if my shot is blocked I get a "Lose Ball" penalty and then a "Turnover" penalty
indifferent.gif
It was already tough for me to keep my turnover numbers down but I don't even think that %+#* is necessary

Just started playing video games again and bought this game... !!@+ is hard
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

psn: bijald0331 if you want to beat up on someone.

Now my 2k11 screen is stuck on loading settings as soon as the game options start is anyone else having this problem i never had this problem until i dl the stupid patch

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by al3x89

smh @ people getting mad cause 2k made the game more realistic...

"i can't score 40ppg anymore"
"i can't dunk with 5 people under the basket anymore? $#*?!?!?!?!?!"
"i can't cherry pick as good as before"
"why are they making me run plays in my player? no nba team runs plays ever"

pimp.gif
to 2k. well done.
pimp.gif

well said!!!!!!!!!!!

From 2K Forums

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or has already posted about it but I found that after the patch the spin dunk now has some sort of restriction now where only players with dunk ratings 65 and above can perform the spin dunk. Ive tested this theory a couple of times and noticed that players I could normally easily do a spin dunk with (i.e. Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Rajon Rondo) can no longer do them at all. I have not, repeat have not THOROUGHLY tested this but so far it holds true. Oddly enough though, those players with dunk ratings under 65 can still perform the hopstep dunk with ease. I, However, do give props for 2k for implementing the spin dunk restriction, although it should have been there from the beginning.

i dont like the patch honestly....the game is way too fast and i agree wit people i think they tweaked the shooting but there are some pros my teammates on my player are hitting shots more often now

Yo this patch has messed up the defense. The only time you can cut a man off and bump him is in the lane. N's just skating by the defender 

my player is wack now...

i try to set a pick and the pg just stands there till the clock runs down to like 4-5 seconds then he panics and finally moves

Starting an Ps3 league which will be NON-Fantasy so i will be using Real rosters.

Add me on PSN- The3Rook

See I wasn't the only one....if I'm in front of the Guy going up for a dunk then my Guy should dunk the damn ball....they are making the CPU magically appear in front of me
laugh.gif
my speed and quickness is a 99 if I beat a Guy to the basket then I should dunk or lay it up not do some fade away BS because the Guy is behind me....no one is around me...I've played basketball if a man beat you to the rack and is athletic enough he is going to slam on your +%$

And why in the hell is my Guy on skates.....how do I delete this damn patch

Back
Top Bottom