NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Yeah my perimeter defense is terrible now, back to the practice gym I go.
30t6p3b.gif

$#$ maxed out in dunk and when I'm on a wide open fast break he does a layup? not fun, not realistic.

Weird... In My player my guy who's dunk is 90 and vertical is 90 cant dunk on people but when i tried to play quick game with raptors Sonny Weems and DeRozan just raped Varejao in the lane.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I read some of the replies in here thinking that it wasn't gonna be that big of a deal but damn I gotta get used to this *@%* again!

Is it me or is the game moving much faster? I definitely have a harder time playing defense and although it seems somewhat nice that PlayVision is on everytime I come up the court, I wish there was an option to turn it off.

Plus, they beef up the CPU AI and skills but dumb down your teammates? The CPU now can do an unstoppable double team, they rotate over to help with ease when I drive to the hole, I get blocked on nearly every possession, they make every shot, but my squad can't do a damn thing now. Assists numbers going down because these fools are stupid.

That collision detection thing on dunks is a little flawed also, how the hell am I in front of Shaq going to dunk but then the game physics makes me TURN TO FACE HIM in mid-air and then get penalized for getting blocked? And I love how every now and then they decide it's a turnover if you're blocked.

exactly. The patch made this game a lot harder. and I was just getting the hang of it and now I gotta get use to it again. I can't even play on pro anymore I gotta go down to rookie until I get my skill up. The CPU's defense is a lot harder. I can't get my offense to flow right. I always gotta put up a shot I want to put up because the defense play D so damn tight now. the shots is different as well. can't make em like how I use to. and also how they show the plays are different now. They don't show the passing routes( the gray lines) and they don't show the picks(the black lines). I hate this patch. is there any way to delete it.  

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

my player is wack now...

i try to set a pick and the pg just stands there till the clock runs down to like 4-5 seconds then he panics and finally moves

I play for the Wizards and Wall has a very bad habit of this.  He will pass me the rock with 4 or 5 seconds left and then I'm forced to throw up a shot
30t6p3b.gif

I have 2k11 for PC so I don't have the patch yet, but wow sometimes this game is so frustrating.

I play with the Knicks a lot, so it may be just the poor offensive awareness of some of these players, but they routinely move away from ANY available passing lanes, especially when I'm passing out of the double team with Amare.

Any player in the NBA should have enough awareness to move into a passing lane, or at least not into the defender.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

See I wasn't the only one....if I'm in front of the Guy going up for a dunk then my Guy should dunk the damn ball....they are making the CPU magically appear in front of me
laugh.gif
my speed and quickness is a 99 if I beat a Guy to the basket then I should dunk or lay it up not do some fade away BS because the Guy is behind me....no one is around me...I've played basketball if a man beat you to the rack and is athletic enough he is going to slam on your +%$

And why in the hell is my Guy on skates.....how do I delete this damn patch
Yeah man the same *$*$ happens to me. 99 in speed & a 99 in quickness and I'm basically by myself on the way to the rim for a dunk with Boobie Gibson trailing me who has a speed of 89 but yet he makes up enough ground to impact my shot?

But if I give up a turnover the other team suddenly has lightning speed and my skill set means nothing because I never catch up with the other team for the play. I understand what 2K is trying to do by making it more challenging but the imbalance that is the game is staggering, I know it isn't an easy task for these game developers but the lack of some type of equality is what really stands out.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Man, I never toot my own horn, but I am rarely ever beaten in this game, and most people quit on me online like mid-3rd quarter. I play with Washington & The Pacers
laugh.gif
I've got like every ranked win and streak achievement within the first couple days of this releasing. If anyone wants to play me, that plays like exceptionally well... hit me up GT: Matic Touch
You must be a cheese-head. Only ones that brag about how good they are
This man just totally disrespected me
laugh.gif
.  I've been playing 2K since DC.  I just know how to play.. I don't ever play with heavy fire-power teams.  I run plays, I don't score 50 with one guy or cherry-pic or w/e you see as "cheesing". 
30t6p3b.gif

I didn't mean to come of braggadocios, I just wanted to play someone that was REALLY good, and not a cheeser I guess I should add.

Anybody know how to turn off the offensive play thing? This is annoying the hell out of me! I'm not in a certain spot, so my teammates won't do anything until I get there...

I am thankful for the patch. My defense is fine. You all have to remember that all of the bumping that occured previously was fake. In what basketball league are players allowed to bump the ball handler like that without a call being made? It is HARD to keep someone in front of you, and the patch made this a reality. The help defense needs to improve if 2K really wants to decrease the amount of cheesy in paint abuse, not have ball handlers getting bumped around the perimeter.

You all have to use more angular defensive methods when playing on the ball since you no longer have the overpowering bumps on the perimeter.

I am thankful that the patched fixed that drop step dunk nonsense. I am not sure who signed off on that in the first place. No reason Rondo should be able to do drop step dunks. I hated it. Glad to see it fixed. Only a select few are able to pull it off on my game now since I edited dunks.

I am thankful that the patched fixed the potential bug. So now players progress based on their potential rating. Thank you 2K.

I don't play that easy/useless My Player mode so I am not bothered by the patch ruining it.

This game is freaking hard. 
laugh.gif
Actually makes me want to be that much better so I end up playing more.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am thankful for the patch. My defense is fine. You all have to remember that all of the bumping that occured previously was fake. In what basketball league are players allowed to bump the ball handler like that without a call being made? It is HARD to keep someone in front of you, and the patch made this a reality. The help defense needs to improve if 2K really wants to decrease the amount of cheesy in paint abuse, not have ball handlers getting bumped around the perimeter.

You all have to use more angular defensive methods when playing on the ball since you no longer have the overpowering bumps on the perimeter.

I am thankful that the patched fixed that drop step dunk nonsense. I am not sure who signed off on that in the first place. No reason Rondo should be able to do drop step dunks. I hated it. Glad to see it fixed. Only a select few are able to pull it off on my game now since I edited dunks.

I am thankful that the patched fixed the potential bug. So now players progress based on their potential rating. Thank you 2K.

I don't play that easy/useless My Player mode so I am not bothered by the patch ruining it.
pimp.gif

but my player is not ruined.

it makes more sense because nba teams run a set play 99% of the time down the court (unless it's a fast break)

also... on the 2k forums, people are crying because they can't call plays with their CENTRES. last time i checked, the coach, guard or forwards (depending on who the player is) call the plays, not the damn centre.  the centre has their back to the basket, while the G/F can see the floor and call the appropriate play. 

NobleKane wrote:
good lord the my player teammates are horrific....

yes, that's one thing that i can agree with. the only time i get assists is if i do a pick and roll... frustrating, but whatever. 

this patch *#%#%# up every release its not even funny. all releases are 10x longer now. it took me damn near a month to master everyone's release on the knicks and be one the best sim players out there and in my sim $ league and now i have to do it again. I literally have to hold the X button for about 5 seconds for my shots to fall consistently. The flow of the entire game is just way off when you're holding the X button as hard as you can for 4-6 seconds for a shot to go in. Even the FTs are *#%#%# up. I dont understand why 2k fixes %@$* that is not broken. Game is way to frustrating. I hope deleting your cache on the xbox removes the patch. About to try it now...

Is there a way to delete the patch on PS3? This literally ruined this game. The play calling in My Player makes it unplayable. They took the best basketball game ever and made it garbage.

Back
Top Bottom