NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by ABC

Yo sorry I haven't really read through this thread at all... but is anyone else having trouble calling alley-oops? I play PS3 and the manual claims it's O + R2 but I swear it's wrong, it never works. IDK maybe it's just me.
It's L2 + O.
Patch makes it harder, but that's the thing I love about this game. On my player, I average a near triple double with a 6'3 PG on HOF (19 8 and 10).
pimp.gif
Too bad the Wizards suck, ended up getting 7th seed my first season.
I wish they would fix online gameplay and the bodying up in this game though. Everytime I try to cut, the defender bodies me up and pushes me (sometimes I get offensive three seconds
mad.gif
). On other times where I'm running for a rebound, some defender just magicly boxes me out.
Can't wait for second patch, hope they fix a lot of these problems.

Originally Posted by ABC

What player have you guys begun to like playing with? Not talking about Kobe/LeBron type elite players, I mean like those semi-obscure dudes.
Not that obscure, but Jamal Crawford is awesome in this game. I stick him at SG and move JJ down to SF, take out Marvin... great lineup. Or just plug Craw in for Bibby (who is
tired.gif
 these days)

Keyon Dooling is fresh 
pimp.gif
Gordon Hayward can be nice, too. I like bringing him off the bench as the Jazz' 6th man.

yessss keyon dooling

he can dunk and shoot

there is no drop off when they substitute him for jennings

Whats a good way to stop the cherry pickin that some players do?? I swear that #@$+ is annoying...

should i run some type of trap?

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Whats a good way to stop the cherry pickin that some players do?? I swear that #@$+ is annoying...

should i run some type of trap?
Lower your crash board sliders in your coaches profile.

Also, whenever you shoot, switch control to the further guard away from the basket and SPRINT to the other end of the court.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Beat the Jordan 69 point challenge on my first try... I'm getting better at this game!!!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Drexler scored too much on me though.
30t6p3b.gif

Switch your defensive assignment on him from Pippen to Jordan, then switch everything to tight defense and double team when he has the ball.
Then just play like you normally would and he shouldn't score more than 15.

On the 360 do you hold down LB to set a pick?  I thought this was the case, but anytime I do as such nothin happens for My Player. 

I'm sick of playing on the damn Wizards behind John Wall.  I'm a PG, but I've played SG and I was even moved to SF in a few games
tired.gif

Game is getting pretty crappy now... I understand making the game more realistic but understand that it's a game... Defense isn't that good anymore... Seems as if the game speed up very much... and this play calling crap is ridiculous... all this extra contact in the air is too much... I find it very hard to believe that they sat down, played the game as it is with the patch and found it to be acceptable and that ppl will like this... I play my player mode to pass some time by and it gets on my nerves... I hate chasing that stupid blue dot down and having my point guard stand there for 18 sec. and then throws up a desperation 3.... smh... they have a good game and they are slowly making it a bad game...

Originally Posted by youngmoney704

Game is getting pretty crappy now... I understand making the game more realistic but understand that it's a game... Defense isn't that good anymore... Seems as if the game speed up very much... and this play calling crap is ridiculous... all this extra contact in the air is too much... I find it very hard to believe that they sat down, played the game as it is with the patch and found it to be acceptable and that ppl will like this... I play my player mode to pass some time by and it gets on my nerves... I hate chasing that stupid blue dot down and having my point guard stand there for 18 sec. and then throws up a desperation 3.... smh... they have a good game and they are slowly making it a bad game...

I love it. If you wanna dunk on people all game put it on casual...

Do some of you actually use good rosters? If your still using 2k's official roster update, of course the game is going to suck.
Dynasty Roster Project on Xbox 360 or The Real 2k Insider on PS3 are two great rosters from OS. I prefer The Real 2k Insider rosters and the next update should edit all the accessories and shoes. The Dynasty Roster Project already has all of that done, but I don't think the tendencies are as good. Both are great rosters though.

Havent touched this game since the first night i got the patch. Its a total piece of trash now. Prolly trade it for GT5. It was my favorite game of all time and I had not taken it out of the PS3 until i got the useless patch.

Man, I knew I wasn't the only one who hated this Patch. The FIRST patch was great. Now everyone's shot is changed, Free-Throws are weird as hell.
30t6p3b.gif
No reason I should have to go back to practice mode after having this game for like 3 or 4 months. I was sooo comfortable with everyone's release as it was
frown.gif

its so hard to play perimeter D now 
grin.gif
 Bums like Bibby literally skate past me towards the paint (using DWill) $%^&?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I'm having no beef whatsoever with the patch, maybe it's just me
grin.gif
My only complaint is the way the players sprint down the court, looking like robots

Back
Top Bottom