• Eric Bledsoe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Evans

• Kenneth Faried

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
boston is the home to the first or second most historic franchise. when's the last time they had an ASG? like 60 years ago? :lol:

I think the main reason guys like Bron, Wade, etc will never do the contest also is because All Star Saturday night has become a celeb event on the sidelines. The players wanna literallly look cool chillin on the sidelines being entertained by young cats.

Dont blame em at all

and that's the problem. it seems like the superstars of yesteryear actually CARED about the game. these dudes are more concerned about looking cool than taking part in the all star weekend, which is evident due to its steady decline over the years.
dudes talk about how lebron being in the dunk contest wouldn't be that great. damn right it would. its lebron james, he can do the most basic dunks and people would still enjoy them.
he doesn't have to come out with some crazy innovative dunks, just do some solid powerful dunks. style and presentation are what matters anyway.
the star power is what makes these festivities great, it's a shame that these 'superstars' are too scared to be embarrassed somehow or feel that they're too cool to actually try

I am indifferent on LeBron as a player and his involvement in a dunk contest, but he gives you about 100 games of some of the best basketball you've ever seen every season. If he wants to relax for one night, so what.

and that's the problem. it seems like the superstars of yesteryear actually CARED about the game. these dudes are more concerned about looking cool than taking part in the all star weekend, which is evident due to its steady decline over the years.
dudes talk about how lebron being in the dunk contest wouldn't be that great. damn right it would. its lebron james, he can do the most basic dunks and people would still enjoy them.
he doesn't have to come out with some crazy innovative dunks, just do some solid powerful dunks. style and presentation are what matters anyway.
the star power is what makes these festivities great, it's a shame that these 'superstars' are too scared to be embarrassed somehow or feel that they're too cool to actually try

the superstars of yesteryear weren't making insane money

and they didn't hang out in AAU or chill with each other until the dream team

those are the key differences

However the NBA doesn't do nearly enough to encourage or even force competition at these events. I see people talking about a 1 on 1 game

1 on 1? :rofl:

They won't even go in a dunk contest, they gonna be going 1 on 1? their ego won't allow it. Their PR won't allow it.

Last edited:
cot damn westbrook is killing me....he dresses like steve urkel but i love him cause the dude just doesnt give a **** how much clowning will he get

:rofl:

now if he could pass the ball a little more....8)

the superstars of yesteryear weren't making insane money

and they didn't hang out in AAU or chill with each other until the dream team

those are the key differences

However the NBA doesn't do nearly enough to encourage or even force competition at these events. I see people talking about a 1 on 1 game

1 on 1?
roll.gif

They won't even go in a dunk contest, they gonna be going 1 on 1? their ego won't allow it. Their PR won't allow it.
plus you gotta think a player for a whole season only getting 2 maybe 3 mill a year at best... and a single weekend contest gets you 50 100 grand... you damn right they gonna do it. You got a player making 20 mil a yr...and say um offer 50 grand... dudes making that in they sleep. Plus at the time nba and bball in general was the least popular sport of the major sports... so doing it help garner exposure... draw crowds etc to an audience that normally wouldnt see bball. With the internaet and viral media in general and ppl over fascination of ppl personal lives over their talents or what they actually do.... really is no point in them doing it.

I am for certain the population at large would see and watch a reality show etc... of the likes of a lebron then lets say a slam dunk contest. So doing it wouldnt garner a new audience. And he knows as well as everyone else the ppl who actually watch and are into sports and him gonna watch regardlss simply because the love for the game.

Keep example his huge dunk( the free throw line in game dunk) outside of true fans got really no attention...while his whole "decision" fiasco was at the time the number one trending topic on twitter worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom