NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Why did the Kings make a mistake? If Jimmer was their dude all along, they might as well get something for the pick and still be able to get their man a few picks later. You can argue they might've been able to get a little more, but I don't think the Kings blew it by any means.
A huge +$% contract that will be a burden on them for years if Salmons doesn't play at an All-Star level.
He only has one more year than Beno though making essentially the same amount of money per season. And the Kings have the lowest payroll in the league. One contract is not going to burden them.

Why did the Kings make a mistake? If Jimmer was their dude all along, they might as well get something for the pick and still be able to get their man a few picks later. You can argue they might've been able to get a little more, but I don't think the Kings blew it by any means.
A huge +$% contract that will be a burden on them for years if Salmons doesn't play at an All-Star level.
He only has one more year than Beno though making essentially the same amount of money per season. And the Kings have the lowest payroll in the league. One contract is not going to burden them.

He only has one more year than Beno though making essentially the same amount of money. And the Kings have the lowest payroll in the league. One contract is not going to burden them.
21.6 compared to 32.

That's a 10 million dollar difference over one year.

I think that's significant enough, that's being able to sign a FA in  2013-2014.

But agree to disagree I guess.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Wait wait wait.....I feel like Im the only one who isnt crazy. #2 for Josh Smith seems like an insta-accept for the Wolves. You guys say you dont like it.....What am I missing here?

im thinking the same but i guess were both missing something here

Originally Posted by dland24

Wait wait wait.....I feel like Im the only one who isnt crazy. #2 for Josh Smith seems like an insta-accept for the Wolves. You guys say you dont like it.....What am I missing here?

im thinking the same but i guess were both missing something here

He only has one more year than Beno though making essentially the same amount of money. And the Kings have the lowest payroll in the league. One contract is not going to burden them.
21.6 compared to 32.

That's a 10 million dollar difference over one year.

I think that's significant enough, that's being able to sign a FA in  2013-2014.

But agree to disagree I guess.
ohwell.gif

Chad Ford is saying Tristian Thompson would be the pick at 7 (If available) and the cats are deciding between Alec Burks and Chris Singleton at 9 (Pending availability)

I still think it will be Biyombo

Chad Ford is saying Tristian Thompson would be the pick at 7 (If available) and the cats are deciding between Alec Burks and Chris Singleton at 9 (Pending availability)

I still think it will be Biyombo

I am ignoring the Smith deal because it has zero percent chance. If it is true and the Wolves select Kanter and didn't pull the trigger........
mad.gif

I am ignoring the Smith deal because it has zero percent chance. If it is true and the Wolves select Kanter and didn't pull the trigger........
mad.gif

Biyombo has a contract issue with Spain. May not get clearance from federation right away to go to NBA - Per Woj

Biyombo has a contract issue with Spain. May not get clearance from federation right away to go to NBA - Per Woj

Back
Top Bottom