** NBA Feet - '10-'11 **

Yeah, this discussion deserves it's own thread. Let's keep this as only pics of P.E's.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ruger04

Originally Posted by NickEPockets

This is completely false.  Even though I am a Kobe hater, there is no rational explanation to say that Gasol is better/more important than Kobe.  Gasol shows up 50% of the time and is the softest player in the NBA not named Chris Bosh.  Without Bynum, Gasol gets bullied by the opposing team's big man (see: 2008 Finals).  He's talented offensively provided you don't play him physically, but he's no #1 option.

And I love MJ, but Scottie Pippen was a great player, he was not "made" by Mike.  Mike didn't win until Scottie and Horace arrived.  Even as the greatest of all time, it took 7 years for him to finally win a ring, so let's not start engaging in revisionist history.

Good thing you stated you are a Kobe hater, or else I wouldn't have wasted my time reading your post. But face it, does Kobe show up every game? No. The reason why Gasol may not be the number 1 option is cus Kobe is a friggin ball hog- since you are a Kobe hater you know where I am going with that. And what does being the softest player have to do with anything? Gasol gets the job done, when he struggles the Lakers lose... Do you not remember when Kobe wanted to be traded cus he didn't have any good players around him prior to getting Gasol? He is a pathetic little leech that he needs good players around him or else he'll cry like a little drama queen. He knew he couldn't win without having some decent players around him. It was no coincidence that Lakers started winning when Mr. Gasol joined the team.

Pippen was not a good player at all if you were following the Bulls when he was in his early years... he eventually got better as a result of playing with Jordan. Of course, let's not forget the brilliant mind of Phil Jackson that created easy scoring opportunities for the players.

It was easy for Kobe to win a couple of rings cus he had established bigs and players on the team... Jordan had nobody... So the bottom line is Gasol is the real deal on the Lakers... he doesn't get the recognition he so richly deserves, instead stupid Kobe yelling at him and calling him soft. 
Damn homie. What did Kobe do to you or your girl ?
eek.gif
roll.gif
and Jordan had nobody ?
Get out of here with that trash.
roll.gif

Kobe smashed your girl i see
laugh.gif

This is completely false.  Even though I am a Kobe hater, there is no rational explanation to say that Gasol is better/more important than Kobe.  Gasol shows up 50% of the time and is the softest player in the NBA not named Chris Bosh.  Without Bynum, Gasol gets bullied by the opposing team's big man (see: 2008 Finals).  He's talented offensively provided you don't play him physically, but he's no #1 option.

And I love MJ, but Scottie Pippen was a great player, he was not "made" by Mike.  Mike didn't win until Scottie and Horace arrived.  Even as the greatest of all time, it took 7 years for him to finally win a ring, so let's not start engaging in revisionist history.

Good thing you stated you are a Kobe hater, or else I wouldn't have wasted my time reading your post. But face it, does Kobe show up every game? No. The reason why Gasol may not be the number 1 option is cus Kobe is a friggin ball hog- since you are a Kobe hater you know where I am going with that. And what does being the softest player have to do with anything? Gasol gets the job done, when he struggles the Lakers lose... Do you not remember when Kobe wanted to be traded cus he didn't have any good players around him prior to getting Gasol? He is a pathetic little leech that he needs good players around him or else he'll cry like a little drama queen. He knew he couldn't win without having some decent players around him. It was no coincidence that Lakers started winning when Mr. Gasol joined the team.

Pippen was not a good player at all if you were following the Bulls when he was in his early years... he eventually got better as a result of playing with Jordan. Of course, let's not forget the brilliant mind of Phil Jackson that created easy scoring opportunities for the players.

It was easy for Kobe to win a couple of rings cus he had established bigs and players on the team... Jordan had nobody... So the bottom line is Gasol is the real deal on the Lakers... he doesn't get the recognition he so richly deserves, instead stupid Kobe yelling at him and calling him soft. 
Damn homie. What did Kobe do to you or your girl ?
eek.gif
roll.gif
and Jordan had nobody ?
Get out of here with that trash.
roll.gif

Kobe smashed your girl i see
laugh.gif

as a laker fan, am quite perplexed... so what ur saying is kobe, despite the 5 rings he won(and all his accolades), isnt a great bball player becoz he won all those with ease and becoz he gotta a team loaded with superstars? that completly discredits all his accomplishment and his legacy becoz? 
i get if ur guys r not fans of kobe, but give credit where credit is due. one of the greatest things i respect about a person is, even if he doesnt have any biases on a certain person, he still can look at him objectively, something that kobe-haters surely lack. thats why i commend mr nickepockets... 

for the rest of the haters, please keep reminding me why kobe doesnt deserve the credit he gets, and that gasol or lamar or walton(hehehe) 

doesnt get enough credit, acoz i might just be so into my kobe-goggles. thnx 
happy.gif

btw, i do think kobe is slowing down and i can see them losing this year. but that still isnt any reason to ditch his legacy. 5 is still alot. and yeah, he seems totally arrogant, but i dont know him 

personally so i might need to reserve that judgement for myself. and i actually think he's getting better and more humble now(latest interviews etc)... but as a bball player, i dont see anyone 

in the CURRENT era that has a better resume/legacy than kobe(and please no revisionist-crap coz russell will drown mj with all his rings if thts the case ;p)

as a laker fan, am quite perplexed... so what ur saying is kobe, despite the 5 rings he won(and all his accolades), isnt a great bball player becoz he won all those with ease and becoz he gotta a team loaded with superstars? that completly discredits all his accomplishment and his legacy becoz? 
i get if ur guys r not fans of kobe, but give credit where credit is due. one of the greatest things i respect about a person is, even if he doesnt have any biases on a certain person, he still can look at him objectively, something that kobe-haters surely lack. thats why i commend mr nickepockets... 

for the rest of the haters, please keep reminding me why kobe doesnt deserve the credit he gets, and that gasol or lamar or walton(hehehe) 

doesnt get enough credit, acoz i might just be so into my kobe-goggles. thnx 
happy.gif

btw, i do think kobe is slowing down and i can see them losing this year. but that still isnt any reason to ditch his legacy. 5 is still alot. and yeah, he seems totally arrogant, but i dont know him 

personally so i might need to reserve that judgement for myself. and i actually think he's getting better and more humble now(latest interviews etc)... but as a bball player, i dont see anyone 

in the CURRENT era that has a better resume/legacy than kobe(and please no revisionist-crap coz russell will drown mj with all his rings if thts the case ;p)

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

spurs out,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Next up in the western conference finals the LAKERS Thunder

Fixed

QFT...

I actually like the little banter in here, much to my pleasant surprise this morning! A lil' spice and discussion ain't bad lol. But yea I guess we gotta keep it within topic of being "Feet" etc....but my whole thing about this Kobe argument that I've debated for years with some of my staunch LA/Kobe supporter friends is, very similarly to what has been said by a few in here that you can't discredit his accomplishments, that's something that you really can't take away from him. Individually he's been definitely one for the ages and why in Slam's recent NBA's 500 greatest players, Kobe is in the top 10 (@ #10). My thing with him has always been that arrogance about him, it has rubbed me and a lot of others the wrong way. Yes some "swag" allowance can be given, especially after being a highly touted High School-to-Pro prospect in his day, holding his own in the first few years (even though I agree, he rightfully submitted to the "ballhog" club) to being a very young champion and the one that he is now. This is where I like sw00sher's comment that in the current era there hasn't been a "better resume/legacy" as his. Very true..

But when the argument comes to describing the quality of how those rings were achieved is what gets to me. Yes, just like with Jordan, he had help...but definitely more so. This is where I like  to sharpen the argument and always say that I'd still have more respect for my boy Iverson and even Lebron for being able to achieve what he did and lead his team to a Finals appearance almost on his own, whereas when Kobe had that lonely star shine, he didn't make the playoffs and was owned by the Suns, which led to all the historic crying, wanting Bynum traded, wanting to go to Chicago etc, until Gasol was brought in to appease him!  Kobe is undoubtedly a great player, his individual skills and accomplishments speak for themselves but his sometimes very sharp actions and statements at interviews have made him very easy to NOT like. He will forever be a love/hate character, but I agree that no one can take his talents and accomplisments away from him. He's climbed and earned that spot on the ladder. I must say he has settled down a lot now though, and his play has definitely transformed to more of a leader and facilitator than the individual who was opportunistically chasing highlights and stats....just my input...

With all that being said....GO THUNDER!!!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

spurs out,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Next up in the western conference finals the LAKERS Thunder

Fixed

QFT...

I actually like the little banter in here, much to my pleasant surprise this morning! A lil' spice and discussion ain't bad lol. But yea I guess we gotta keep it within topic of being "Feet" etc....but my whole thing about this Kobe argument that I've debated for years with some of my staunch LA/Kobe supporter friends is, very similarly to what has been said by a few in here that you can't discredit his accomplishments, that's something that you really can't take away from him. Individually he's been definitely one for the ages and why in Slam's recent NBA's 500 greatest players, Kobe is in the top 10 (@ #10). My thing with him has always been that arrogance about him, it has rubbed me and a lot of others the wrong way. Yes some "swag" allowance can be given, especially after being a highly touted High School-to-Pro prospect in his day, holding his own in the first few years (even though I agree, he rightfully submitted to the "ballhog" club) to being a very young champion and the one that he is now. This is where I like sw00sher's comment that in the current era there hasn't been a "better resume/legacy" as his. Very true..

But when the argument comes to describing the quality of how those rings were achieved is what gets to me. Yes, just like with Jordan, he had help...but definitely more so. This is where I like  to sharpen the argument and always say that I'd still have more respect for my boy Iverson and even Lebron for being able to achieve what he did and lead his team to a Finals appearance almost on his own, whereas when Kobe had that lonely star shine, he didn't make the playoffs and was owned by the Suns, which led to all the historic crying, wanting Bynum traded, wanting to go to Chicago etc, until Gasol was brought in to appease him!  Kobe is undoubtedly a great player, his individual skills and accomplishments speak for themselves but his sometimes very sharp actions and statements at interviews have made him very easy to NOT like. He will forever be a love/hate character, but I agree that no one can take his talents and accomplisments away from him. He's climbed and earned that spot on the ladder. I must say he has settled down a lot now though, and his play has definitely transformed to more of a leader and facilitator than the individual who was opportunistically chasing highlights and stats....just my input...

With all that being said....GO THUNDER!!!

....will they follow the Spurs next?

a6eb7d30f58f8f64e4533311a236ecc6-getty-112184444al007_san_antionio.jpg

ap-6d694cb7d6a142198852a3e0f3466d2a.jpg

cea997a8277901154bc6695f12e2ddbc-getty-112184444al037_san_antionio.jpg

13925396edc9d191ae15cfe887f9dc73-getty-112184444al029_san_antionio.jpg
 Tony Allen has really carved out a nice spot on this Grizzlies team and become their emotional leader who will do everything to see them succeed. Good for him and this group, even without Rudy. If he can come in next season and fit in seemlessly and not disrupt their chemistry but just continue to be that exciting offensive threat...the Grizzlies will continue to exceed expectations in the years to come!
ffd8cf488063dd41c0102fac11b2c94a-getty-112184444al038_san_antionio.jpg

023feeb8c6e9db976a75fcd4d07f1510-getty-112184444al036_san_antionio.jpg
 Move over Timmy! Sad to see you guys go (well Fresh is ecstatic! lol) but this is where you guys really have to do a gut check and face the cliche "man in the mirror" and see if you can actually make a ring run, or just continue to be a 50-win franchise every season with nothing else.
a73281a37faee131c56f2c22ea52ff51-getty-112184444al034_san_antionio.jpg

ap-b89e0c73f6794656a9d234665bd3d8ab.jpg

39d3867e2c285d69f2f29ef3cd55b53b-getty-112184444al015_san_antionio.jpg
 Doesn't Matt Bonner know that isn't his territory! 3-point line sir!
bce002f37293349f455a2ef111de37c2-getty-112184444al011_san_antionio.jpg
 Apart from being a good shoe for IDs, are the Sharkley's really that much of a great bball shoe, comfort-wise etc? Obviously I don't own one, hence the question, but seeing it here and there on guys like Hill and Jeff Green and even Paul Pierce last season makes me wonder how great these kicks are...
c6d2481a97e235467b8fabb2694509b2-getty-112184444al010_san_antionio.jpg

8e48994ac008c5635d9b3b6fc8104f1e-getty-112184444al006_san_antionio.jpg

ap-3976585a238f4e8d8dd2473850b2f8ca.jpg
 Well Buckigham Palace was well represented in Memphis by the newly wed Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
laugh.gif

515b2b4fba0bd0cd0217969ad7928c5b-getty-112184444al009_san_antionio.jpg

10269d270df6feb1d018d4d46fc89d65-getty-112184444al008_san_antionio.jpg
 It's a shame that guys like 'Dyess and Grant Hill can't get that champion dream realised! Such hard workers who went through so much to still be playing at this age and wanting a legit shot at a ring. Tougher for Antonio than Hill for sure, with being on teams (Detroit and Spurs) who were considered definite contenders and still come up short! I wonder if this is the last we see of him...He was considering retiring before signig with Spurs...
83ab725726e15c71ecff4fd632d4aa94-getty-112184444al031_san_antionio.jpg

ap-52ba16fa3e054d968c8ad547ebf84b6d.jpg
 Fired up! Is it me or does guy have a slight resemblance to Doc Rivers?
ap-c1bf47f648ad4357a632671e52d5405d.jpg
 What's that? 1 more year??? Ok...we'll see

....will they follow the Spurs next?

a6eb7d30f58f8f64e4533311a236ecc6-getty-112184444al007_san_antionio.jpg

ap-6d694cb7d6a142198852a3e0f3466d2a.jpg

cea997a8277901154bc6695f12e2ddbc-getty-112184444al037_san_antionio.jpg

13925396edc9d191ae15cfe887f9dc73-getty-112184444al029_san_antionio.jpg
 Tony Allen has really carved out a nice spot on this Grizzlies team and become their emotional leader who will do everything to see them succeed. Good for him and this group, even without Rudy. If he can come in next season and fit in seemlessly and not disrupt their chemistry but just continue to be that exciting offensive threat...the Grizzlies will continue to exceed expectations in the years to come!
ffd8cf488063dd41c0102fac11b2c94a-getty-112184444al038_san_antionio.jpg

023feeb8c6e9db976a75fcd4d07f1510-getty-112184444al036_san_antionio.jpg
 Move over Timmy! Sad to see you guys go (well Fresh is ecstatic! lol) but this is where you guys really have to do a gut check and face the cliche "man in the mirror" and see if you can actually make a ring run, or just continue to be a 50-win franchise every season with nothing else.
a73281a37faee131c56f2c22ea52ff51-getty-112184444al034_san_antionio.jpg

ap-b89e0c73f6794656a9d234665bd3d8ab.jpg

39d3867e2c285d69f2f29ef3cd55b53b-getty-112184444al015_san_antionio.jpg
 Doesn't Matt Bonner know that isn't his territory! 3-point line sir!
bce002f37293349f455a2ef111de37c2-getty-112184444al011_san_antionio.jpg
 Apart from being a good shoe for IDs, are the Sharkley's really that much of a great bball shoe, comfort-wise etc? Obviously I don't own one, hence the question, but seeing it here and there on guys like Hill and Jeff Green and even Paul Pierce last season makes me wonder how great these kicks are...
c6d2481a97e235467b8fabb2694509b2-getty-112184444al010_san_antionio.jpg

8e48994ac008c5635d9b3b6fc8104f1e-getty-112184444al006_san_antionio.jpg

ap-3976585a238f4e8d8dd2473850b2f8ca.jpg
 Well Buckigham Palace was well represented in Memphis by the newly wed Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
laugh.gif

515b2b4fba0bd0cd0217969ad7928c5b-getty-112184444al009_san_antionio.jpg

10269d270df6feb1d018d4d46fc89d65-getty-112184444al008_san_antionio.jpg
 It's a shame that guys like 'Dyess and Grant Hill can't get that champion dream realised! Such hard workers who went through so much to still be playing at this age and wanting a legit shot at a ring. Tougher for Antonio than Hill for sure, with being on teams (Detroit and Spurs) who were considered definite contenders and still come up short! I wonder if this is the last we see of him...He was considering retiring before signig with Spurs...
83ab725726e15c71ecff4fd632d4aa94-getty-112184444al031_san_antionio.jpg

ap-52ba16fa3e054d968c8ad547ebf84b6d.jpg
 Fired up! Is it me or does guy have a slight resemblance to Doc Rivers?
ap-c1bf47f648ad4357a632671e52d5405d.jpg
 What's that? 1 more year??? Ok...we'll see

LOL at this Kobe talk. Dude is on the road to 6 rings and that's all that matters. Yeaa I brought up the rings, why? Because that speaks for itself. You join the league to win for your franchise, not to please people. You don't like him? Fine, but just respect what he's doing because you haven't seen it done since MJ and that's a fact! Back to the kicks...

LOL at this Kobe talk. Dude is on the road to 6 rings and that's all that matters. Yeaa I brought up the rings, why? Because that speaks for itself. You join the league to win for your franchise, not to please people. You don't like him? Fine, but just respect what he's doing because you haven't seen it done since MJ and that's a fact! Back to the kicks...

No dispute necessay or introdction needed. Especially after wearing $7730 worth of kicks for this season!
eek.gif

The stuff from CounterKicks.com
The 2010-2011 NBA campaign is over for Gilbert Arenas, the self-described Sneaker Champ. No more surprised reactions to his feet. No more guessing which shoe he’ll break out next. He wore the Air Jordan 9 Retro Premio Bin23 in his first game this season, wore the Under Armour Micro G Supreme and the Nike Air Max Penny the next night, and before we knew it a sneaker firestorm was underway. The array was awesome – Jordan signatures and lifestyles, Nike retros and trainers, most of the Under Armour line, cameos by Reebok and Fila, and the man even threw in Dolce & Gabbana for the ultimate convention buck.

Through it all, CounterKicks (and us here at Niketalk as well!
tongue.gif
)
 tracked every shoe, every colorway, every game. And since this particular 6-month reign of The Sneaker Champ has concluded, it’s time to take a complete look back at those shoes. To see where Gil’s been and what he wore when he was there. At the 2011 NBA All-Star break in February, we took a first half season inventory of the $5,643 worth of shoes Gilbert had worn to that point. Even Sports Illustrated was stunned. Now we chronicle the second half of the season, including Gil and the Orlando Magic’s short-lived playoff run. At the end of the journey, we give you the cold numbers – games, shoes, brands, retail dollar amounts. It’s all here. Each footwear style was counted only once against the entire season.

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-1-600x610.jpg

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-2-600x429.jpg

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-3-600x505.jpg

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-4.jpg

the-sneaker-champ-march-600x421.jpg

the-sneaker-champ-april-600x424.jpg

Gilbert Arenas Shoes 2010-2011 By The Numbers:

- 51 games played up to All-Star Weekend

- 24 games played after All-Star Weekend [includes 5 playoff games]

–75 total games played this season

- 53 shoes worn up to All-Star Weekend (30 Jordan Brand, 14 Nike, 5 Under Armour, 2 Reebok, 1 Fila, and 1 Dolce & Gabbana)

- 24 shoes worn after All-Star Weekend [includes 5 playoff games] (13 Jordan Brand, 8 Nike, 2 Under Armour, 1 Reebok)

- 0 shoes worn of former endorsed brand adidas

–77 shoes worn during the 2010-2011 NBA regular season & playoffs (43 Jordan Brand, 22 Nike, 7 Under Armour, 3 Reebok, 1 Fila, and 1 Dolce & Gabbana)

Percentages of entire season wearing each shoe brand:
Jordan Brand – 55.8%

Nike – 28.6%

Under Armour – 9.1%

Reebok – 3.9%

Fila – 1.3%

Dolce & Gabbana – 1.3%

Most worn shoe model: Air Jordan 11 – 13 times (“Space Jam

No dispute necessay or introdction needed. Especially after wearing $7730 worth of kicks for this season!
eek.gif

The stuff from CounterKicks.com
The 2010-2011 NBA campaign is over for Gilbert Arenas, the self-described Sneaker Champ. No more surprised reactions to his feet. No more guessing which shoe he’ll break out next. He wore the Air Jordan 9 Retro Premio Bin23 in his first game this season, wore the Under Armour Micro G Supreme and the Nike Air Max Penny the next night, and before we knew it a sneaker firestorm was underway. The array was awesome – Jordan signatures and lifestyles, Nike retros and trainers, most of the Under Armour line, cameos by Reebok and Fila, and the man even threw in Dolce & Gabbana for the ultimate convention buck.

Through it all, CounterKicks (and us here at Niketalk as well!
tongue.gif
)
 tracked every shoe, every colorway, every game. And since this particular 6-month reign of The Sneaker Champ has concluded, it’s time to take a complete look back at those shoes. To see where Gil’s been and what he wore when he was there. At the 2011 NBA All-Star break in February, we took a first half season inventory of the $5,643 worth of shoes Gilbert had worn to that point. Even Sports Illustrated was stunned. Now we chronicle the second half of the season, including Gil and the Orlando Magic’s short-lived playoff run. At the end of the journey, we give you the cold numbers – games, shoes, brands, retail dollar amounts. It’s all here. Each footwear style was counted only once against the entire season.

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-1-600x610.jpg

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-2-600x429.jpg

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-3-600x505.jpg

gilbert-arenas-shoes-2010-2011-nba-season-the-sneaker-champ-4.jpg

the-sneaker-champ-march-600x421.jpg

the-sneaker-champ-april-600x424.jpg

Gilbert Arenas Shoes 2010-2011 By The Numbers:

- 51 games played up to All-Star Weekend

- 24 games played after All-Star Weekend [includes 5 playoff games]

–75 total games played this season

- 53 shoes worn up to All-Star Weekend (30 Jordan Brand, 14 Nike, 5 Under Armour, 2 Reebok, 1 Fila, and 1 Dolce & Gabbana)

- 24 shoes worn after All-Star Weekend [includes 5 playoff games] (13 Jordan Brand, 8 Nike, 2 Under Armour, 1 Reebok)

- 0 shoes worn of former endorsed brand adidas

–77 shoes worn during the 2010-2011 NBA regular season & playoffs (43 Jordan Brand, 22 Nike, 7 Under Armour, 3 Reebok, 1 Fila, and 1 Dolce & Gabbana)

Percentages of entire season wearing each shoe brand:
Jordan Brand – 55.8%

Nike – 28.6%

Under Armour – 9.1%

Reebok – 3.9%

Fila – 1.3%

Dolce & Gabbana – 1.3%

Most worn shoe model: Air Jordan 11 – 13 times (“Space Jam

Back
Top Bottom