Originally Posted by Zyzz

i feel bad for your feet
laugh.gif
lol why is that?  thats what they are made for right? to play basketball in
eek.gif
.. so why not.
Jordans are garbage for ball
laugh.gif

You got some princess @!# type feet then.
laugh.gif

Retros are perfectly fine to ball in. I have, and they are great.

I can't lie, that vid was pretty funny. I agree with knowing your sneaker history. I don't think that video applies to playing ball and being athletic tho.

Anyways . . . My Lakers looked pathetic last night !

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

I can't lie, that vid was pretty funny. I agree with knowing your sneaker history. I don't think that video applies to playing ball and being athletic tho.

Anyways . . . My Lakers looked pathetic last night !

Three fat dudes never seeing the inside of a gym, obviously not wearing Basketball shoes for their intended purposes, while trying to clown people for not knowing the history of a shoe. 

I think this sums this spot up perfectly.
laugh.gif

What happened to LeBron not shooting from the outside this season?!
eek.gif

At least we know that Mike Miller can still nail them!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by coco8723

i feel bad for your feet
laugh.gif
eek.gif
.. so why not.
laugh.gif

agreed, especially retro's. 
people who say that they're great for ball are delusional. they're just wearing the shoes for style. they want people to say "look, he's wearin the XI's, or V's" or whatever. look at how much hype this a player gets when he breaks out retro's..

inb4 %@#$ storm 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Three fat dudes never seeing the inside of a gym, obviously not wearing Basketball shoes for their intended purposes, while trying to clown people for not knowing the history of a shoe. 

I think this sums this spot up perfectly.
laugh.gif

it's dudes like that that make me glad that i'm semi-retired from the sneaker game. it's not like I can wear sneakers to work anyways- and I only have two feet.

it's just all hypebeasts now and people grab the sneakers because of that- hype.

I'm 32 now and just started to hoop in my older retros (laser kobe 2k4's, jordan 8's from earlier this decade, my 01 concords) . Not a damb is given anymore- can't take em to the grave, feel me?

Too bad they're gonna take a beating, i'm gained a lil weight since i turned 30. it was all downhill from there....
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

eek.gif
.. so why not.
laugh.gif
people who say that they're great for ball are delusional. they're just wearing the shoes for style. they want people to say "look, he's wearin the XI's, or V's" or whatever. look at how much hype this a player gets when he breaks out retro's..

inb4 %@#$ storm 
happy.gif
^yup. my older brother plays ABA ball and has been wearing retro jordans to play ball in for a long time. always told him they aren't built like they used to be, but he'd wear his 09 space jams to play anyway. and of course, his feet, shins, and knees started giving him problems a couple months back. the doc told him he needed to stop playing in these retros because they aren't built for basketball. he's since switched to some hyperdunks and all his problems vanished.

like my dude said, anyone who thinks these recent retros are great for ball are delusional. they're barely comfortable enough for casual wear
laugh.gif

You guys have girls feet?

Ive balled in Cardinal 7s and just the other day CDP 3's my friend let me borrow. They were broken in and felt nice on the feet. Roomy enough for ankle braces, and nice enough on the feet. My feet didnt hurt at all after a few runs during open gym. Cardinal 7's were fine but the ankle support sucked. My friend swears by them though and its the only shoe he wears to ball in.

There may be "better" choices out there since technology in shoes seems to get better every year, which are gimmicks in my opinion. But to say retros are garbage to ball in? Well either you have princess feet or that shoe is just not for you.

Originally Posted by BaldGrill

laugh.gif

inb4 %@#$ storm 
happy.gif
^yup. my older brother plays ABA ball and has been wearing retro jordans to play ball in for a long time. always told him they aren't built like they used to be, but he'd wear his 09 space jams to play anyway. and of course, his feet, shins, and knees started giving him problems a couple months back. the doc told him he needed to stop playing in these retros because they aren't built for basketball. he's since switched to some hyperdunks and all his problems vanished.

like my dude said, anyone who thinks these recent retros are great for ball are delusional. they're barely comfortable enough for casual wear
laugh.gif

Air Jordan 13's mad comfy, the OG's and the retros. ^ ^ Even the 12's when broken in. ^ ^

^

Idk about 12's. I balled in my friends cherry 12's and I couldnt tie them tight enough in anyway to give me a lockdown feel.

princess feet and all, i'm pretty sure i could survive a day of open gym runs with chuck taylors on, that doesn't mean they're suitable for balling in every day.

yeah, i thinkpeople forget that nba players wore chucks. you can pretty much play in anything, and yes pretty much any nike basketball shoe and jordan retro can be played in. will they be as comfortable as some of the newer stuff? maybe not, but def can be used. maybe except for the zoom rookies HAHA.

eek.gif
.. so why not.
laugh.gif

inb4 %@#$ storm 
happy.gif
I used to ball in my Cement 3's and French Blue 12's and had horrible experiences.  The 3's had no cushion and no grip and the 12's would give me blisters all the time.  I then switched to the Kobe V and VI and it was like a miracle that I could now cut without slipping and wouldn't go home with huge blisters.  Still wonder how these NBA / NCAA guys wear these retros...they must have custom in soles or something. 

Ok so since everyone feels that they play more then the NBA players.  I will say this, it all comes to down each individual persons foot.  Just to name a couple of examples, I would hoop in the Jordan 6's, these retros were made great looking and material wise.  As well the 2's have good cushion in them and look fly, so yes I would hoop in these too, (Nate Robinson anyone).  If choose not to hoop in my retro J's it's not because they are not comfortable, but because they are for casual and have enough other shoes just for hoop. There are shoes now that are harder on the foot then the shoes way back when and there retros that are more comfy.  So just depends on the shoe and the persons foot.

princess feet and all, i'm pretty sure i could survive a day of open gym runs with chuck taylors on, that doesn't mean they're suitable for balling in every day.

QFT

retro's aren't meant to be played in. some of you have seen me post in the kobe threads, i swear by those shoes. if nike retro'd the 4's, 5's or even the 6's, i wouldn't wear them to play ball. shoot around? sure. but the way i play, no way. i play hard. i shoot, dunk, slash, grab boards. the last thing i need is for a shoe to give out on me when i'm about to land, or cut hard to the basket. 

think about this guys, use some logic here. you really think JB invests time/money into making their RETRO'S a sneaker to be used on the court? hell no. they're trying to maximize their profit, they just want money. they know that their retro's are gonna sell out within hours and they know that 99% of the people who buy them aren't stupid enough to wear them on the court.

that being said, the modern JB's aren't that great to ball in either. i bought the jordan 23's and never again. i didn't feel safe at all playing in them i had to change my shoes once i got to the bench. 

simply put, jordan's suck for ball. if these retro's were so great, why aren't more players wearing them? in 2011, i think i've seen 2-3 people balling in retro's around my city (and i play a lot, almost every day). and they didn't even mean to wear them for ball. they just came to the gym and forgot to bring their real shoes. 

and you can't even use the argument of "people having different feet" .. people wear them for style and that's it. 

al3x89 wrote:
BaldGrill wrote:

QFT

retro's aren't meant to be played in. some of you have seen me post in the kobe threads, i swear by those shoes. if nike retro'd the 4's, 5's or even the 6's, i wouldn't wear them to play ball. shoot around? sure. but the way i play, no way. i play hard. i shoot, dunk, slash, grab boards. the last thing i need is for a shoe to give out on me when i'm about to land, or cut hard to the basket. 

think about this guys, use some logic here. you really think JB invests time/money into making their RETRO'S a sneaker to be used on the court? hell no. they're trying to maximize their profit, they just want money. they know that their retro's are gonna sell out within hours and they know that 99% of the people who buy them aren't stupid enough to wear them on the court.

that being said, the modern JB's aren't that great to ball in either. i bought the jordan 23's and never again. i didn't feel safe at all playing in them i had to change my shoes once i got to the bench. 

simply put, jordan's suck for ball. if these retro's were so great, why aren't more players wearing them? in 2011, i think i've seen 2-3 people balling in retro's around my city (and i play a lot, almost every day). and they didn't even mean to wear them for ball. they just came to the gym and forgot to bring their real shoes. 

and you can't even use the argument of "people having different feet" .. people wear them for style and that's it. 

Many college players (NOT ONLY the colleges that wear Jordan brand either) are wearing retros and NBA players, and I know they play way more ball then any of us.  Keep in mind KOBE and LEBRON shoes are NOT the ONLY new shoes out, there are many shoes that have little to no comfort.  Real talk, do you guys even watch the games?  Even the man Jordan himself wore his retros and other players then and now.  Yeah that different fee comment is VERY valid.  Why do you think you have people talking about the oh so great LOCK DOWN everyone swears by is too tight to the point of causing blisters (Kobe/Lebron thread anyone).  What works for one person might not work for another or vice versa.  Sure "ideally" one would think that newer means better, but lets face it a lot of newer kicks have been cutting corners.

THEJISBACK wrote:
al3x89 wrote:
BaldGrill wrote:

QFT

Many college players (NOT ONLY the colleges that wear Jordan brand either) are wearing retros and NBA players, and I know they play way more ball then any of us.  Keep in mind KOBE and LEBRON shoes are NOT the ONLY new shoes out, there are many shoes that have little to no comfort.  Real talk, do you guys even watch the games?  Even the man Jordan himself wore his retros and other players then and now.  Yeah that different fee comment is VERY valid.  Why do you think you have people talking about the oh so great LOCK DOWN everyone swears by is too tight to the point of causing blisters (Kobe/Lebron thread anyone).  What works for one person might not work for another or vice versa.  Sure "ideally" one would think that newer means better, but lets face it a lot of newer kicks have been cutting corners.

And another thing who are you or I to determine what OTHER people outside of ourselves wear for style or play?  Then again most of the hypebeast buy their shoes not because they like them, but because everyone else says they should like them!
laugh.gif
  I rock and play in both new kicks and retros, it just depends on my mood.  Period!  If it so great why do I see cats wearing retro J's killin cats on the courts where the latest and greatest, most important thing is ones HOOP GAME. Ha!  No beef y'all just educating and trying to get people to think outside the box and majority for once on here.  Y'all sound them fools in the RETRO (
laugh.gif
) Jordan 10 thread gettin in they feelings just because a dude wanted to buy his J's on layaway (which means one less for the hypebeast to resell for tripple the amount, or sit in their closest for no reason 
laugh.gif
), do you really think you can just see some body in J's and know if they bought them on layaway or flat out straight or online or the Nike ES, the answer is NO.  So we can't say what works for another person playing hoop.  Anyhow back to the kicks, on the other hand those Kobe concords/inlines and black/tour yellows are looking more and more nice (just as I stated TOP 2 colorways for the KB 7.

QFT

Where are you getting this information from, the back of a bubble gum wrapper?

Back
Top Bottom