[/td] [td]
1987.jpg

Dwyane Wade
Shooting guard
Miami Heat[/td] [td]
Last season
3rd in MVP voting
30.2 ppg; 5.0 rpg; 7.5 apg[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Also receiving votes: Kevin Durant (1), Dwight Howard (1), Derrick Rose (1)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h3]The skinny[/h3]
LeBron James
LBJ was finally crowned king of the regular season, winning the MVP vote after finishing ninth, sixth, second, fifth and fourth in his first five years.Cleveland broke through with 66 wins, and might need an encore to get LBJ his second Podoloff Trophy. And overall the stakes are higher than ever, given lastMay's disappointment, the Cavs' Shaquisition and LeBron's looming free agency. Still, more than half of our experts consider King James likely tocontinue his MVP reign.

[h4]NBA OFFSEASON BUZZ[/h4]
nba_offseason_buzz_110.jpg
Who's poised for a big season? Who could be on the decline? We're taking a look at all 30 rosters. Insider
in.gif

Kobe Bryant
The 2008 MVP finished second in last season's race, leading the Lakers to 65 wins despite his numbers being down slightly. In June, however, he proved heis still the top dog in the league by winning his fourth NBA ring and the Finals MVP award. Although Kobe faces a new set of challenges with teams now gunningfor the Lakers and Ron Artest now in the mix, nine of ourvoters think the Dobermamba will seize his second regular-season MVP trophy.

Dwyane Wade
Despite the Heat winning only 43 games last season, Wade finished third in the MVP vote. That's how impressive he was in leading a young squad to theplayoffs. Can he take the Heat to higher heights this season? It'll be tough with Miami's roster basically the same, and with its second-best player,Michael Beasley, struggling with off-the-court issues.But with Wade able to do more with less, six voters say he'll be deserving.

[h3]The voters[/h3]
Henry Abbott (ESPN.com TrueHoop senior writer), J.A. Adande (ESPN.com senior writer), Kevin Arnovitz (ESPN.com TrueHoop Network editor), Andrew Ayres(ESPN.com NBA editor), Jon Barry (ESPN NBA analyst), Bruce Bernstein (ESPN NBA Studio Production), Alfredo Berrios (ESPN Deportes editor), Dwayne Bray (ESPNStudio Production), Jordan Brenner (ESPN Insider editor), Lisa Brooks (ESPN Stats & Information), Maurice Brooks (ESPN.com NBA editor), Chris Broussard(ESPN The Magazine senior writer), Ric Bucher (ESPN The Magazine senior writer), Michael Bucklin (ESPN Interactive Games), Kevin Calabro (ESPN NBAbroadcaster), Kevin Conlon (ESPN Stats & Information), Jay Corbin (ESPN The Magazine editor), Chad Ford (ESPN Insider senior writer), LZ Granderson (ESPNThe Magazine senior writer), John Hollinger (ESPN Insider senior writer), Jade Hoye (ESPN Multimedia), Michael Jackson (ESPN Stats & Information), ScoopJackson (ESPN Page 2 columnist), Avery Johnson (ESPN NBA analyst), Eric Karabell (ESPN.com senior writer), Rob King (ESPN.com editor-in-chief), Seth Landman(ESPN Fantasy basketball writer), Tim Legler (ESPN NBA analyst), Nancy Lieberman (ESPN NBA analyst), Keith Lipscomb (ESPN Fantasy basketball analyst), PatriciaLowry (ESPN Studio Production), Mike Lynch (ESPN Stats & Information), Eric Neel (ESPN.com senior writer), Pete Newmann (ESPN Stats & Information),Chris Palmer (ESPN The Magazine NBA writer), Greg Pike (ESPN NBA Studio Production), Chris Ramsay (ESPN.com NBA coordinator), Dr. Jack Ramsay (ESPN NBAanalyst), Adam Reisinger (ESPN DB editor), Jalen Rose (ESPN NBA analyst), Bob Salmi (ESPN NBA analyst), Chris Sheridan (ESPN Insider senior writer), Marc Stein(ESPN.com NBA senior writer), Patrick Stiegman (ESPN.com VP/Executive editor), Otto Strong (ESPN The Magazine NBA editor), Mark Summer (ESPN NBA StudioProduction), David Thorpe (ESPN Insider NBA analyst), Justin Verrier (ESPN.com NBA editor), Bill Walton (ESPN NBA analyst), Royce Webb (ESPN.com NBA editor),Josh Whitling (ESPN Fantasy Basketball writer), Matt Winer (ESPN NBA anchor) and Matt Wong (ESPN.com NBA editor).

honestly I think the same thing is gonna happen as last season with lebron winning MVP and not even maken it to the finals again
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I know he's not going to win it, but how the hell did Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose get a vote and Chris Paul didn't

Disregard my SN and sig

Cavs will suck next year, Lebron aint winning the MVP. I dont even like Wade that much but i think hes gonna win it.

durant208.jpg

tongue.gif

Nah, but the way it's been goin the past few years..i can see one of these 3 get it, if Bron or Kobe dont win it.

Wade
Howard
Roy

I'm a Bulls fan, but they aren't going to be successful enough for him to be MVP. Dwight Howard might grab one this year if he improves. Something like28,16 and 3 blocks plus the Magic having a great reg season. I'm just trying to look outside of the regulars. Reg season MVP is a boring award IMO b/c itdoesn't take into account the playoffs. Last year, I still would have given LeBron the award due to his incredible series against the Magic. In years past,it seems like different people should have won. (Wade in 06).

if chris paul didn't play on the crappily ran team known as the hornets i would think next season would be a resurgent year for him with him possiblygetting it.

although kobe deserved the 07-08 mvp you could make an argument for chris paul that year too.

Kobe's not winning it because he has too much help with Artest now.

Lebrons #'s will be down with Shaq clogging the paint and wanting the ball.

D-Howard will be close but he doesn't deserve it (learn how to make a shot other than a dunk).

D-Wade will probably win it. B-Roy could be a sleeper. Durant would be close but his team isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom