NBA MVP Predictions

to anyone that thinks dwade, or durant or roy will win the mvp, not unless their team finishes within the top 3 or 4 in the nba. thats the case every year. soin no way can durant win it, even if he puts up absolutely gaudy numbers. interesting fact that in '61-'62, was the year that Wilt put up 50ppg and25rpg
sick.gif
and Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double
sick.gif
sick.gif
. however, neither won the MVP, as it went to the best player on the by far best team in the leaguebill russell. anyway for sure kobe or lebron or dwight or melo will win it. those are the consensus best players on perhaps the best teams in the league, minusthe spurs and the celtics, who i dont see having anyone putting up huge numbers to deserve an mvp.

I'm not sure Melo will even be MVP of his own team.

Take Kobe off the Lakers and they still make the playoffs with Pau, Lamar, Artest, and Bynum.

Comes down to D-Wade vs. Lebron and if D-Wade has slightly better numbers they'll give it to him since Lebron got it last year and has Shaq's help thisyear.

Obvious choices are Bron or Kobe.....but for some reason I think Chris Paul takes the MVP this year.

its only fair to mention Chris Paul as a candidate, but it seems like most people don't want to put him in the KB/LBJ/Wade category. i dont see himfinishing ahead of any of those guys.

Lebron will win it.

They owe Wade one from last year and they owe KB24 from a couple years back, shh they have IOU's on a couple players lol.

Originally Posted by mattg

to anyone that thinks dwade, or durant or roy will win the mvp, not unless their team finishes within the top 3 or 4 in the nba. thats the case every year. so in no way can durant win it, even if he puts up absolutely gaudy numbers. interesting fact that in '61-'62, was the year that Wilt put up 50ppg and 25rpg
sick.gif
and Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double
sick.gif
sick.gif
. however, neither won the MVP, as it went to the best player on the by far best team in the league bill russell. anyway for sure kobe or lebron or dwight or melo will win it. those are the consensus best players on perhaps the best teams in the league, minus the spurs and the celtics, who i dont see having anyone putting up huge numbers to deserve an mvp.

88' MJ.

As much as I want DWade to win it, the heat arent goonna be a 60+ win team and thats almost a reqquirement for the MVP.

Lebrons got the award locked up for the next decade or so..

Your team has to win 50 games for you to be an MVP candidate I think precedent has been established over and over again, if that's the case Wade has got nochance unless he improves on the video game numbers he put up last year.(unlikely)

So that leaves you with...

LeBron
Dwight
Kobe
Paul

I think you can take Kobe out the Lakers will have the wins but Kobe's numbers will drop, not by a huge amount but I think it's pretty clear were onthe downhill side of Kobe's career. While I wont cross Dwight out the only way he wins it is if he makes some sort of drastic improvement in his offensivegame if he does that and the Magic are better than the Cavs he will win.

In reality your best bets are LeBron and Paul.

i would say Wade, but i don't see his team coming out of the east in the top 5. No order but: Cavs, Orlando, Boston, Atl, Philly, Wash, then maybe Miami

Ballinsam23 wrote:
i have a good feeling brandon roy is gonna win it this year
he will definitely will play like one but I don't know if he will command the votes.

hey if steve trash can win back to back MVPs...i dont why Lebron cant win it again this year...especially with the medias lovefest of Lebron

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by royster

They owe Wade one from last year and they owe KB24 from a couple years back, shh they have IOU's on a couple players lol.

what were their teams records?

Shoot that'd be the start to an neverending argument lol.....personally Dwade was the Most Valuable Player to his team last year almost like when Kobe hadthat 35 ppg season for the Lakers in 05-06, their teams would have been in clipperland without em those years. Their records have been legit tho with the 05-06Lakers being 45-37 and last years Heat being 43-39, mostly thanks to 2 deserving MVP's. Shaq had one taken from him too the first year he was with theHeat, don't know the record doesn't matter because they won the chip.

The way they vote tho just makes it seem like they owe someone this or that and give it to them the second their team is top 3 in the L. It's a brokenaward anyway, the real MVP award belongs in the finals.
pimp.gif

If Orl gets top seed in the east, which is very likely, D12 will get it...thats my pick right now.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if they give it to LeBron again tho. KD will be the newcomer to the list of candidates.

I will be pretty pissed off if dwight howard wins the mvp. Dude is nothing compared to the all time great centers. Has no post moves, no shot. Just good d.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I will be pretty pissed off if dwight howard wins the mvp. Dude is nothing compared to the all time great centers. Has no post moves, no shot. Just good d.

he might develop more of his game over the summer. He has polished his game every season, so we will see. He is a beast and for one man to control a game withdefense and limited offense, should get a good run for mvp

If the Laker's win 65-70 games, then I'd say Kobe has a legit shot
The Heat's roster hasn't improved that much over last year ... so if they could possibly get in that 50 win range, finish either 2nd or 3rd (which is ahuge stretch right now) and the East is strong this year, then I'd say he has a legit shot

Right now I'm thinking either Tony Parker, Roy or maybe Arenas or Carmelo has the best shot right now outside of Lebron
- Especially if the Spurs gets the best record in the West and TD continues his downslide, while TP continues his upswing
- If the Blazer's take first then Roy

Lebron's most likely going to beast again this season, so if Cleveland has another great regular season and then someone in East tops them

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Boston, if KG stays healthy the entire season or play at least 70 gms and Boston get's the best record in the East, thatwould give him a legit shot

Also nothing short of the Magic having the best record in the league, is going to have Howard raising that Trophy

It'll be Dwight's "turn" this year, Magic will have the best record in the East and he'll put up at least 22, 12, and 3.

Back
Top Bottom