NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by BangDak

why would the heat get LO if they were the ones who traded him down to LA in the first place...
ive been trying to ignore that statement for the past few pages, but cmon guys, get some brains.
he doesn't even fit in either way...

what would that have to with anything tho?

Even though I would hate to see Lamar leave LA, it would be dope to see him in Miami again.
p1_odom_getty.jpg

He had an all star caliber year there
pimp.gif

It's always something with us (fans) in general.

Of course Lakers fans don't want to admit (some of them at least) that they NEED LO. It's so much easier to say "We got Ron now, so w/e"...

but the real Laker fans, the one's who know basketball, know just how vital he is to them even making the finals next year, much less winning it all.

LO + Ariza > Artest, in terms of total talent and skills brought to the table. Only a moron would argue otherwise.

LO loves Miami, he had no ill will towards them, he says it all the time, he was the guy they traded for Shaq.

No reason he couldn't go back, and the plan apparently is to get LO, and trade for Boozer, that's a nice starting lineup they could put together outthere in hopes of keeping Wade.

Here you go CP.

Orlando Magic Sign Brandon Bass; Matt Barnes, Theo Ratliff Potentially Next by Ben Q Rock on Jul 10, 2009 1:31 PM EDT in News 308 comments

More photos » by Donna McWilliam - AP
Browse more photos »
As first reported by NBA.com's David Aldridge, the Orlando Magic have signed free-agent power forward/center Brandon Bass, formerly of the DallasMavericks. The deal is worth $18 million over 4 years.

Additionally, a well-connected source informs me that swingman Matt Barnes and center Theo Ratliff are the Magic's next targets. The source said the Magicassured Barnes that they wanted to get Bass first, before turning their full attention to him.

The 6'08", 240-pound Bass, 23, is a four-year veteran, spending the first two years of his career with New Orleans before moving on to Dallas. He mayget an opportunity to start at power forward for the Magic, despite having played more than two-thirds of his minutes at center last season.

Bass has career averages of 6.9 points and 3.9 rebounds in 17.0 minutes per game, shooting 48.5% from the field, with a Player Efficiency Rating of 15.2.

More analysis at 3QC later today and during the weekend.

Having LO just makes life easier for us. Gives us extra back up, insurance for lesser injuries and such, but overall, if Bynum stays healthy, plays at least75 games, and can go 30 minutes a night, and Artest is an upgrade over Ariza, and Kobe and Pau don't have to play so much during the summer for theolympics, then we have enough peices to step up and contend for the title. Plus, as we have done now for the last couple seasons, we always find a way to makea deal here or there that helps out and improves the team.
But to just squash all that, just friggin sign the dude already, I wouldn't even be mad at a 5th year at this point. I say 4 years 40 mil, or 5 years 40mil. Pick one LO.

Bringing in Barnes gives them needed depth at the 2/3 spot and would relieve my concerns for the Magic's bench.

I'm glad to see they just didn't sit pat and hope to make it back to the Finals, being aggressive and making moves so they don't get passed by.

Finally got the respect and attention they've wanted, now just don't fall back out of the spotlight.

Gasol is playing ball this summer for spain right?

anyways i give the lakers a slim chance to repeat with no odom because that bench will be hot trash

I always kick people under the bus, it's what I do.

I am a jerk.
laugh.gif

But man, i posted like 5 "my bads", and nobody would take em, so you had to go.
roll.gif

Who is Spain playing? Or what are they playing for? America isn't playing in anything.

Oh well, there goes that theory on Gasol getting some rest, but at least Kobe will. Old dude needs it more then Gasol does anyways.

Point is, if Odom leaves, then Bynum had better be in Orlando right now working out with Dwight like he offered. Bynum will have no more excuses.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Even though I would hate to see Lamar leave LA, it would be dope to see him in Miami again.
p1_odom_getty.jpg

He had an all star caliber year there
pimp.gif

Yeah he did
pimp.gif
!

Its all good.

I am slowly and making my comeback as someone that is credible.

Thats what I get for forgetting a Diop for Carroll and Hollins deal.

Nets made an Offer to Marion before the dallas trade, He declined of course. (Dumb offer anyway, He refused to play in Jersey his agent said.)

They are waiting on four guys to see if the price drops and then go and sign them. (I hope Odom or Lee is NOT one of them)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Point is, if Odom leaves, then Bynum had better be in Orlando right now working out with Dwight like he offered. Bynum will have no more excuses.

%%!# that, howard better come to LA and they both work with Mr.Sky hook
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Goldmember

eek.gif
if ORL signed both Barnes and Ratliff..

sick.gif

Bass, Howard, Gortat, veteran presence in Ratliff. Do they still have Battie undercontract too?
No, Battie in the VC deal

They would look like Jameer, VC, Lewis, Bass, D12,
With Johnson, Redick, Peitrus, Barnes, Gortat off the bench.
And I guess Ratliff on reserve.

Wow.
alien.gif

Battie came to Jersey with Lee and Skip.

Ratliff is okay. He was not great last year in Philly until late in the year. He was not getting alot of PT till then but that helped him greatly.

If he can be that type of player then he will be great. But his glory days are behind him.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Battie came to Jersey with Lee and Skip.

Ratliff is okay. He was not great last year in Philly until late in the year. He was not getting alot of PT till then but that helped him greatly.

If he can be that type of player then he will be great. But his glory days are behind him.
Ah, I forgot about that.
nerd.gif

Imagine if Orlando kept Turk and was able to get VC from NJ without giving up Lee while still making the same moves.
roll.gif
I know it would've been possible, but that would've probably gave themthe chip.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom