NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Rockets save about 5 mil out of the deal. what kind of money they have to sign Ron. Cause somneone needsd to play D with Amare on the court.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

dont know if its been stated in here but right before i went to sleep last night i saw on the ESPN ticker that Yaos foot isnt healing.
It's looking more and more likely that Yao has less than five serviceable years left in his NBA career

Originally Posted by renkxedik

dont know if its been stated in here but right before i went to sleep last night i saw on the ESPN ticker that Yaos foot isnt healing.
It's looking more and more likely that Yao has less than five serviceable years left in his NBA career
not even 5 years. remember, this is his 13th season playing pro basketball.. IMO he only has 2-3 decent years left.

it's no surprise why he has had constant lower-body injuries.. dude is just too tall for his own good.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by renkxedik

not even 5 years. remember, this is his 13th season playing pro basketball.. IMO he only has 2-3 decent years left.

it's no surprise why he has had constant lower-body injuries.. dude is just too tall for his own good.
smh.gif

i feel like Yao will opt out next year to get one more big contract.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by mjd77

So...I wonder what "direction" the Suns are going in this offseason. Their plan seems to change every summer. Please get rid of Kerr...NOW!
Well, it looks like they're trying to blow up the team so that they can be players in the summer of 2010. Maybe they'll land Bosh and Joe Johnson/Wade.

But I think if the Suns are serious about shipping off Amare, they could go to the Bulls and get Deng + Tyrus + filler which is a better deal than the Rockets deal
That's only a better deal if Deng is worth $10M and/or they're able to get rid of Richardson for a deal that expires after next season.

Edit: I just looked at the Bulls payroll. If Phoenix doesn't value Deng, they can ask for Brad Miller instead. Phoenix would wind up with their own lottery pick (if they haven't already traded it away
eyes.gif
), Tyrus Thomas, and the cap space to go after two top tier free agents. You're right, if the Suns want to get rid of Amare, chicago seems to be the best place to send him.

Phoenix isn't going to be an attractive spot for free agents one season removed from a complete roster implosion...

Sarver is CHEAP... He's not about to put out the $$$ for two max (or close to max) contracts next offseason... And none of those guys are signing there bythemselves (Wade, Bosh, etc.)...

[h1]Amare To Golden State Being Discussed[/h1]
Jun 25, 2009 2:42 PM EST

Stoudemire_Amare_phx.jpg
The Phoenix Suns and GoldenState Warriors have discussed a possible trade.

League executives indicate that Phoenix could send Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for a package that would include Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick inthe draft.

Don Nelson, however, is telling friends that talks are not serious.

Kerr is an idiot

The New Jersey Nets are in serious talks with the Magic about a deal that will send Vince Carter to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, twoleague sources told ESPN.com.

NBA Rumor Central

ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the National Basketball Association rumor mill.
Story Insider

The talks have reached a point that a deal could be done by the end of the day Thursday, according to sources.

The trade would give the Magic even more star power on their quest to win an NBA championship. The addition of Carter to a lineup that already consists ofAll-Star players Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson would make them the favorites to win the Eastern Conference title next year.

As for the Nets, the move is a cost-cutting measure. Both Alston and Battie are in the last year of their contracts, and trading for them would shave $16.5million off New Jersey's roster in the summer of 2010 and put the Nets well below the salary cap.

The deal, if completed, would also give the Nets a young, promising shooting guard in Lee.

Dont know if this has been posted but:

Sources: Nets, Magic in serious talks
Comment Email Print Share
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive

The New Jersey Nets are in serious talks with the Magic about a deal that will send Vince Carter to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

NBA Rumor Central

ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the National Basketball Association rumor mill.
Story Insider

The talks have reached a point that a deal could be done by the end of the day Thursday, according to sources.

The trade would give the Magic even more star power on their quest to win an NBA championship. The addition of Carter to a lineup that already consists of All-Star players Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson would make them the favorites to win the Eastern Conference title next year.

As for the Nets, the move is a cost-cutting measure. Both Alston and Battie are in the last year of their contracts, and trading for them would shave $16.5 million off New Jersey's roster in the summer of 2010 and put the Nets well below the salary cap.

The deal, if completed, would also give the Nets a young, promising shooting guard in Lee.

Chad Ford covers the NBA and NBA draft for ESPN Insider.

If this happens... no way should they give up Lee. %+$% I dont even want Vince. Dudes days are over.

awwww shoot man i just realized..........

i graduate in December, and my moms house doesnt have cable
smh.gif

no more ESPN games, no more Inside the NBA on TNT
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

^why not? He doesn't play D, perfect for Nelson's system.
because he doesn't equate to wins. he's all about stuffing the stat-sheet

and what is Monta ellis?

its pointless to trade for him cause the chances he resigns would be slim

Shaq in Cleveland.....Enjoy your Championship LA....its comin home to wit the CAVS next year.....Akron,OH......STAND UP...!!!!
We'll miss u Sasha and Big Ben.....Sasha alittle more. Shoulda traded Z's oofey a**. Cant wait to cop that Diesel jersey in white

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

^why not? He doesn't play D, perfect for Nelson's system.
because he doesn't equate to wins. he's all about stuffing the stat-sheet

and what is Monta ellis?

its pointless to trade for him cause the chances he resigns would be slim
did you just pick any random warrior?
laugh.gif

I just heard on the radio rumor of VC to Orlando for Alston, Battie, maybe Lee I dont remember

am I late?

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Shaq in Cleveland.....Enjoy your Championship LA....its comin home to wit the CAVS next year.....Akron,OH......STAND UP...!!!!
We'll miss u Sasha and Big Ben.....Sasha alittle more. Shoulda traded Z's oofey a**. Cant wait to cop that Diesel jersey in white

smh.gif
Next year should be fun
laugh.gif
............LA should be the 3rd team on yalls "list of teams to worry about"

Vince to Orlando!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
If that goes down, man i might have to change my pick of Cleveland taking it all. Vince and Hedo, two VERY clutch players. Pick ya poison.

As for Amare to my Warriors for Biedrins and 7th pick, i dont know. I REALLY REALLY like Amare but i dont think it'll make our team THAT much better.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Vince to Orlando!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
If that goes down, man i might have to change my pick of Cleveland taking it all. Vince and Hedo, two VERY clutch players. Pick ya poison.

As for Amare to my Warriors for Biedrins and 7th pick, i dont know. I REALLY REALLY like Amare but i dont think it'll make our team THAT much better.
I doubt they resign Hedo if VC comes to town

There's enough rock to go around by having VC, Hedo, Shard and DHoward?

Seems like having Lee would help off-set that.

Damn if Orlando gets Vince to put with Lewis, Howard and maybe Turk.
eek.gif

smh.gif

But I wouldn't want to give up Lee though, dude has a bright future IMO.

There's enough rock to go around by having VC, Hedo, Shard and DHoward?
I think so. Both Shard and Hedo can go through some horrible dry spells. They usually have one quarter's worth of a scoring spurt thenthey're done. Plus it never hurts to add another clutch player to the lineup.

Back
Top Bottom